Former coach sues Toronto Argonauts, QB Chad Kelly for wrongful termination, harassment

7 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Original article had more info.

https://www.tsn.ca/rick-westhead-argos-qb-kelly-accused-of-harassment-in-wrongful-dismissal-lawsuit-1.2079719

Canadian coaches are also paid a lot less in Canada just like players.  

This was for first female coach in CFL which there were a number of articles on Dana Beattie, the Toronto Argonauts Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach, who joined the organization in 2018 according my article database.  There were similar articles on first NFL coach and first NFL referee.  Most of the articles previously indexed have been locked down or removed although I do not know reason.  If I have time I will check wayback.

Good points about lower salaries but — and I'm not an employment lawyer — I'm guessing some enterprising US lawyers would bake in a million dollars for suffering and anguish, etc. 

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Her name is Dana Beattie (I believe), even though they are not naming her.

content_dana_beattie.jpeg

Yea unfortunately you aren't going to get a fair shake in football if you look like that. Lots of testosterone flowing in those locker rooms. It's unfortunate but if you want to be a football coach you need to be ugly. Nobody deserves that treatment, just sayin' I can imagine she will have similar issues anywhere. She should sue for more and go into another profession. Again, not fair or warranted but she's going to have a tough time.

Chad has always been a dip sh-t, so no surprise there, drama follows him everywhere he goes…, 

17 hours ago, muppy said:

Maybe it will settle out of court they often do.  *shrugs*

For $50k for Kelly and $85k for the Argos, one would assume so.  The attorneys fees are going to be in that realm.  

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, muppy said:

so if I am reading this correctly  Mr Kelly was hitting on her repeatedly and she rebuked his advances. He then in tantrum fashion created drama with a teammate. She was subsequently fired from her job.  Hence here we are.

If you assume her side of the story is correct that reads like harassment to me.  The guy needs to grow up and learn to accept No for an answer.

bottom line it's disturbing she went through all of that because of him.  The situation Bad enough she created a civil lawsuit.. Maybe it will settle out of court they often do.  *shrugs*

who is telling the truth.  His lineage to #12 pains me to be honest.  The guy had the ultimate pedigree.

17 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Good post. If she's telling the truth, it's just absolutely mind boggling that in today's world, some guys are still out there doing this, apparently thinking that it's OK and/or they'll get away with it and suffer no consequences.

As an afterthought, this kid is a young, big time pro athlete (yes, I know, it's Canada...LOL)....shouldn't getting girls (who actually want to do it with him) be as easy as waking up and getting out of bed in the morning?

Anyone who went to St. Joe's with the "defendant" will unofficially tell you how he was back then...and the multiple, higher-profile issues since will only strengthen the validity of those early reports. If something even newer is emerging, we STILL don't get to know the truth about it until things play out...but we ARE allowed to make our own personal assumptions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.