Gabe Davis: Puts out an Instagram Video…good watch and could be sign he’s leaving

Alphadawg7

11 hours ago, Process said:

Big fan of Gabe. Not his fault Beane put him in a position he had no business being in. Gabe Davis playing 90% of snaps is insanity. 

So long and wish you all the best. 

Really?

He's a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE who was put in the position to make plays and catch balls!

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Lots of great, huge memorable moments. 

Unfortunately my lasting memory of Davis is all of the missed opportunities in big moments. That divisional game was one for the ages though. I'll certainly never forget that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Unfortunately my lasting memory of Davis is all of the missed opportunities in big moments. That divisional game was one for the ages though. I'll certainly never forget that.

Pretty much that’s it. We remember the Crazy game in Kc.. my mind blanks out everything inbetween.  This season Gabe and Allen just didn’t connect.

I do wish him well.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

One of my favorite Bills ever.  

You either get it or you don’t.  Best type of ability is availability and he played, did the dirty work, and was on the receiving end of my favorite Jim Nantz calls of all time.  

That doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed in how 2023 played out because I am.  But I’m blaming the Dorsey scheme and subsequent difficulties of adjusting on the fly - oh and he may have been battling the ankle for a few years now.  

One of your favorite Bills players ever??!!  Seriously??  Gabe had some nice games over the years.  Seemed like a good guy.  And was a hard worker.  But certainly not an overall game changer on a consistent basis.  He isn't twitchy or sudden in his movements.  Has mediocre athleticism hands and speed.  But if you love him, good for you I suppose.  He looks and reminds me of Mike Evans.  A poor man's Mike Evans.  We certainly need more explosiveness at the WR position to compete for a Super Bowl.  Lets hope that happens this offseason.

12 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

One of my favorite Bills ever.  

You either get it or you don’t.  Best type of ability is availability and he played, did the dirty work, and was on the receiving end of my favorite Jim Nantz calls of all time.  

That doesn’t mean I’m not disappointed in how 2023 played out because I am.  But I’m blaming the Dorsey scheme and subsequent difficulties of adjusting on the fly - oh and he may have been battling the ankle for a few years now.  

LOVE Jim Nantz, and agree. He will be missed. 

I think next year with Gabe being gone, we will truly come to understand the greatness of Josh Allen. 

Unless Gabe ends up in KC or alike, his numbers will not match what he did here. He's best s a 3rd or 4th option. 

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He already is.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtY_bnZDShWXnObSneiu7

Looks like Diggs in the wrong uni from this year’s divisional round.  Next frame is the WR giving the thumb and forefinger for “this close” on the game-changing dime that slipped through his hands. 

Gabe’s a good dude. Hope he gets paid, just not by us. I’d give him 8 mil/yr to stay as a WR3 but he’d never take that, understandably.

We need a WR2 who can run all the routes and separate with enough potential to become WR1 when Diggs is done. I’m not a draft guru but I’d think we’d have to spend our first round pick or trade up in the 2nd to get a guy with that potential right out of the gate.

I think the handwriting has been on the wall for some time that Davis has played his last game in Buffalo, especially after the shouting match with fans in the playoff loss against the Chiefs.

He'll definitely get a bag from someone and even if he were to accept lessor money to chase a ring I can see that being with the Chiefs ironically, or the Bengals since both are obviously in better position to compete for that compared to the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

He looked like a breakout superstar at one point.  But after a while the drops, miscommunications, and inconsistency at creating separation drove me crazy.  

But he seems to be a good guy who plays hard, and I wish him the best.  

Crazy thing is....he's still only 24 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

He already is.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtY_bnZDShWXnObSneiu7

& yet that player made HUGE catches against us and SF 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Eyeroll 1

Hes a late fourth round pick who had almost 3000 yards and 27 touchdowns in his time here. No reason not to wish him well and give him our respect. In the end he's just not a starting NFL wideout. 

Just now, Ben said:

Hes a late fourth round pick who had almost 3000 yards and 27 touchdowns in his time here. No reason not to wish him well and give him our respect. In the end he's just not a starting NFL wideout. 

Except, he has shown to be that...when healthy and utilized properly.   I hope he goes to the NFC

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.  

Ive been critical of him too, but your response here is way off base.

I confess I didn't watch the video. 

I'm a bad, bad poster. 😔

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

He doesn’t do anything well, bye Gabe. 

His skills as an actual WR are debatable but he's an EXCELLENT blocker.  And apparently he is very good at reading blitzes and breaking them up. His absence there was noticably felt against KC.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.