Have you ever been to a Super Bowl?

Nope, never had the cash for that trip.

31 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Here's Ticketmaster after fees of 21.25% The 1st ticket is listed at $5,600 before fees. :

Sec 441, Row 8

Verified Resale Ticket

$6,790.00

Sec 443, Row 7

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,796.38

Sec 326, Row 13

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,820.63

Sec 414, Row 6

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,863.06

Sec 326, Row 12

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,880.04

Sec 332, Row 4

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 344, Row 10

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 318, Row 8

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 411, Row 16

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 436, Row 14

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 406, Row 7

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 442, Row 1

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,941.88

Sec 411, Row 17

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,990.38

My couch = $0.00

26 minutes ago, eball said:

I've always said that when the Bills go back I want to watch it in Buffalo.

That's what I've got to decide, having never been to a SB, do I go to it for the experience, or go to Buffalo with other fans like me.  

10 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

That's what I've got to decide, having never been to a SB, do I go to it for the experience, or go to Buffalo with other fans like me.  

Having watched three SB losses in Buffalo, I want to be there for the euphoria when we finally break through...

• Like (+1) 1

I went to Superbowl XXX (Cowboys vs Steelers) '96 at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, AZ. My dad was on the Superbowl host committee that year so I got to go with him. The atmosphere was electric you could feel it a mile away as we walked in. Pretty cool experience. Listed price on my ticket was $250.

• Like (+1) 1

My wife and I went to XXV and XXVI. We paid a total of $3500 for a package each year. We won the Pasadena lottery but we had had enough and sold the tickets. Despite the outcomes they were great experiences never to be forgotten.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I always pegged you as a shower (soap on severely frayed rope) kinda guy!

I hope he’s not too concerned that you are thinking about him in the shower.   

I just had to look it up; the average single ticket cost for this year is just under $10,000.

I'm lucky to be able to piss away 10 grand on a football game ticket, but doing so might be the last thing on Earth I would do with the money, especially if the Bills aren't going to be involved.

Hell, you can get a no-date Sub for that price.

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

I hope he’s not too concerned that you are thinking about him in the shower.   

Don’t worry. I already know he’s got some obsession with me. 

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I always pegged you as a shower (soap on severely frayed rope) kinda guy!

You won’t be “pegging me” ever 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Yes, the Bills first one in Tampa and the fourth one in Atlanta. 

Funny, I moved to Tampa 6 days before and never left.  I was a poor college grad who could never afford that one.  ThTs when it was relatively affordable.  Now I have the $, but the Bills haven’t been there in 30 years.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d want to be significantly wealthy to ever consider it. It would have to be a situation where 10K is the equal of $10 financially. It’s not a matter of being about to afford it or not, it’s a matter of many other ways to spend thousands that seem more worthwhile than a few hours at a game. I’m sure the experience would be great, and I actually understand why diehard football fans would go, I just couldn’t justify it mentally. I’d rather spend that money on travel experiences. 

• Agree 3

Never went to one but both my buddy and I were gonna max out our credit cards to go to see the Bills in Tampa back in 2020 if they made it. Me and him talked about it going into the AFC championship game against the Chiefs. We all know what happened and we didn't make it but I was all set to throw close to $5000 on my card to attend. It would have been a once in a lifetime experience 

5 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

They were talking about the subject on WGR this morning since Del Reid of 26 shirts is getting to attend this year after winning Fan of the Year for the Bills.  Just curious how many TBDer's have gotten to experience a Super Bowl?  Feel free to share any cool stories or memories for those that have attended any 

I went to the last one with my family. It was a fun car ride down and a long quiet car ride home.

Bills Redskins in Minneapolis.  The lost helmet game.  One, what a clean, gracious, city.  Hit a Bills Bar the night before.   Five of us drank for hours and bought everything in red, white and blue drinks.   Settle up time, the bartender handed me the tab.   I thought he was doing “my share” when I saw the tab.   It was for all of us.   You can’t afford to stay sober in Minneapolis was my conclusion.  Naturally, we missed the last shuttle to the hotel.   A volunteer said she could help, but unfortunately “it was gonna take fifteen minutes.”   She arranged a bus just for the five of us with a walkie talkie.   What a nice crew.

I sang “hail, to the redskins” all the way home.  It was played after every Redskin score.  I had the song memorized by the third quarter.

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Never went to one but both my buddy and I were gonna max out our credit cards to go to see the Bills in Tampa back in 2020 if they made it. Me and him talked about it going into the AFC championship game against the Chiefs. We all know what happened and we didn't make it but I was all set to throw close to $5000 on my card to attend. It would have been a once in a lifetime experience 

The cheapest seats for that one were around 5k if you bought them from the NFL before the teams were decided. Once the teams were decided the prices would determine how out of control they would get. Like I said earlier. If you wait until the Bills are in to buy tickets, you aren’t touching the cheapest seats for less than 10k. Personally I think it’ll be more like 15k but maybe it doesn’t get too out of hand. But my conversations with brokers at the time they are all fully aware of how big a payday it’s going to be if the Bills ever make it. 

Super Bowl XXV. Won the lottery for season ticket holders. Got two tickets for face value - $150 each. Had to pick them up at the Bills ticket office, and we only got the tickets if the Bills won the Championship game and went to the big game. And it was one of those weird years they only had one week between the Championship games and the SB. Had a guy offering us $500 each as we walked out the ticket office door. Said no thanks.

Was a great feeling kicking the Raiders ass and knowing me and my buddy had tix to the SB the next week if we won. But had to do some serious scrambling to get time off work and make travel plans. Fortunately, my buddy had friends in Tampa that lived about 10 minutes from the stadium, so we stayed at their house and saved a bunch there too.

Awesome party in downtown Tampa the night before - and lots of excitement all week. Wonderful experience all around except for the kick going wide right. I have no desire to do it over again, but I hope the next generation gets the chance to see our Bills in the big game again soon.

Edited by Tuco
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.