Bills colors? What say you?

major

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I must be a traditionalist, but I like the unis as they are in red, white, and royal blue.  You can’t get more American then red, white and blue.

You can get more American if you sing Toby Kieth while looking at it.

May he RIP.

6 hours ago, UConn James said:

It *might* make sense from a chromostereopsis standpoint of red adjoining blue creating a blurry affect, which ostensibly is the case on the blue jerseys… but on the road set we have black outlines between the red on the numbers & sleeves and the white jersey. And it’s between the blue and the white on the helmets. Such inconsistency. In the era of HDTV this is not needed. Even in the Kelly era with SD, this was not needed. It was just red, white, and blue. Simple as that. And the freaking collars that have changed 6-7 times with the different Nike templates (the toilet bowl ring, then it did meet at the V, then it didn’t, then it did, then it met but was just a grayed fabric, and now there’s an elongated V with the Fusion template)… please lose them!; just make the collars the same color as the jersey already. 

You correctly used chromostereopsis in a sentence. Do you hangout at AKG Gallery?

You are TSW scholar of the day.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, major said:

I’m bored with the off-season and don’t care about this Super Bowl. For fun: if you were the owner of the bills what color combination would you want? I came across this tonight and I have to admit, it’s a good look. 

IMG_2621.jpeg

I like it.  My Grandson would want one.

14 minutes ago, boater said:

You can get more American if you sing Toby Kieth while looking at it.

May he RIP.

You correctly used chromostereopsis in a sentence. Do you hangout at AKG Gallery?

You are TSW scholar of the day.

I know some blue helmets have been offered but the blue charging Buffalo needs a bold white outline to make it pop.  I like the idea of a blue helmet but have yet to see it done right.  Just spitballing.

I loved it when random players used to wear pink shoes, gloves, & towels.  I understand what it was for, but man it was hard on the eyes.  The NFL has toned down the on field pink for boob health month recently.

A problem that continues to this day is the players a) wearing mismatched undershirts and/or b) being slobs where the undershirt hangs out beyond their jersey.  You can have great looking uniforms, but if your fat guys look like they don't care it defeats the whole look. 

8 hours ago, major said:

I’m bored with the off-season and don’t care about this Super Bowl. For fun: if you were the owner of the bills what color combination would you want? I came across this tonight and I have to admit, it’s a good look. 

IMG_2621.jpeg

It is my considered opinion 😂, that this color combination lacks flash and  brightness and is difficult to determine what one is looking at from virtually any distance, so no, it is not a winning look for any teams jersey, let alone our Buffalo Bills. 

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The blue name plate lettering on black would be difficult to make out at distance imho, but I like the creativity OP.

Only 214 days until kickoff.

Which hopefully should be September 8, 1 pm, at home.  But if not "hopefully," then likely 9 pm, on the road in Beirut on a green Carpet Smart carpet over concrete.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

Dutch.  Get it straight.

A contractor I worked with on various projects over the years was of Dutch heritage, and introduced me to the following saying.  My paternal grandmother's family was Dutch, which also allows me this observation:

Dutch

Wooden shoes.

Wooden head.

Wouldn't listen.

😕

I have nothing against the red helmet. I wouldn't mind it being worn once a year as part of a throwback look. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet and that looks nicer. IMHO.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Maybe my hottest take re: Bills uniforms is I think the white helmets look much better than the red personally. I wouldn’t mind throwing the red in as a throwback now and then but I love our current set of uniforms. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, major said:

IMG_2621.jpeg

how did the brain damage occur? Car accident? Frying pan to the head? Donkey kick?

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

I  happy to lose with the present colors 

I mean, what the hell ?

Same. Except I would prefer they lose the all blues and reds. It was nice to see the Bills go back to the blue over white as the primary home look this season. Maybe the organization realizes most fans don't like the all blues and reds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.