Mahomes dad arrested for DWI

Scott7975

Behind a paywall:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/02/04/patrick-mahomes-sr-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dwi-in-tyler-records-show/

Smith County records list Mahomes Sr. as being arrested on DWI charges multiple times in the last 12 years, including twice in 2012, twice in 2018, once in 2019 and this weekend’s arrest.

• Angry 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

It’s remarkable that Pat Mahomes Jr. - despite being a whiny, petulant baby - is apparently as well-adjusted as he appears to be.  His brother is a train wreck, as is his dad.

He is petulant but one of his more impressive attributes is tuning out the dysfunctional members of his family. And not letting it affect his focus. I think his true family is Travis and Andy.

9 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As an aside, I used to be a die hard Mets fan, and was always a fan of Mahomes Sr.

I think I was always drawn to these middle relievers for some reason— loved guys like Turk Wendell, Dennis

Cook, and Armando Benitez from those late 90s Mets teams too! 

He just had an interview on wfan .. Was driving and Never knew he even played baseball til that interview but was a good listen

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Hopefully he gets a 2-10 year prison sentence like the average person would get. Being a Mahomes though, dude is probably going to get the same favoritism that Pat gets on the field...

I'm thinking he gets community service at the most... and the judge & all of the Tyler cops get free jerseys.

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Surprised Andy doesn't instantly hire him as a coach. What a dysfunctional family.  Yet they always get rewarded.

A little girl almost died thanks to one of Andy's alcoholic sons.  Yet people say so what?  Wow

Rewarded how?

11 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wow , at least his 3rd?   It’s a terrible disease , and i believe we all make mistakes and deserve second chances. However, i also believe like any other non-terminal ( at least urgently non-terminal) illness , you have the ability to make choices and only you are  responsible for the ultimate outcome when it comes to choosing to save your life or continuing to harm yourself and others.  Fame and money are usually terrible in this situation and that appears to be adding fuel to this flame. 

All i would say now is this person shows no accountability or ability to learn from the past and hopefully he will be taken off the streets before he kill’s someone.  Here’s hoping he has some judge who allows this creep to avoid temptation and provides him with a nice solitary cell to watch the Super Bowl from. This is no time for fame, celebrity, or money to be chosen over public safety.

This guy, Mahomes or Maauto , has wasted his get out of jail freebies and i hope he never drives again and misses at least this performance by his son at this important time in Patricks life.  It seems the consequences haven’t been steep enough yet ; let’s hope something can get thru to the guy.    Go 49er’s; never thought i could dislike a team more than the compukes, but KC and Mahomes have doubled down and the entitlement is ridiculous. Thanks to all the BILLS players who basically underperformed and choked away another year where we are subjected to more KC BS!   (Go bills)  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Although I don’t condone that behavior especially if it’s a third time, it’s also their private business.  I’m not in the habit of needless gossip.  It has nothing to do with football.

yes well that is true. It's a story that is now public due to celebrity AND being on the doorstep of the super bowl.

The Mahomes family are just as ****** up as some of our own. It's a sad tale and a bad look.

#Dontdrinkanddrive 

13 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

As an aside, I used to be a die hard Mets fan, and was always a fan of Mahomes Sr.

I think I was always drawn to these middle relievers for some reason— loved guys like Turk Wendell, Dennis

Cook, and Armando Benitez from those late 90s Mets teams too! 

On one occasion I happened to be in the stands directly behind home plate field level at Shea Stadium when Armando Benitez was pitching. Having seen this post I googled him. He is listed at 6'4"/180. When I saw him it looked like he weighed 230 or even more.

Benitez was throwing the ball just so hard that I found it hard to believe that anybody even had a chance to even foul one off.  The ball hitting the catchers mitt sounded like an explosion. 

From what I gather he was a bit of a nut. I would not be at all shocked if he was on steroids but again, he looked unhitable and that night he was backing guys off the plate and striking them out seemingly at will.

His career went south and he wound up playing with the Long Island Ducks from what I read. Those guys make very little money so I suppose that he wasn't much of a saver lol.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Although I don’t condone that behavior especially if it’s a third time, it’s also their private business.  I’m not in the habit of needless gossip.  It has nothing to do with football.

While I sort of know what you mean; DWI is definitely not someone’s private business. If you wanna get plastered on your sofa…go for it. But do NOT get behind the wheel of your car. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

So what? 

So what? Dude is 53 and is loaded enough to have his own personal driver. It’s his THIRD dui which is a felony (which I’m sure will be swept under he rug due to his family name.) You’ll understand if you ever lose a close friend or family due to drunk driving. Patrick Mahome’s whole trashy family should be shipped away to a deserted island somewhere. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Behind a paywall:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/rangers/2024/02/04/patrick-mahomes-sr-arrested-on-suspicion-of-dwi-in-tyler-records-show/

Smith County records list Mahomes Sr. as being arrested on DWI charges multiple times in the last 12 years, including twice in 2012, twice in 2018, once in 2019 and this weekend’s arrest.

That’s some law and order!

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

On one occasion I happened to be in the stands directly behind home plate field level at Shea Stadium when Armando Benitez was pitching. Having seen this post I googled him. He is listed at 6'4"/180. When I saw him it looked like he weighed 230 or even more.

Benitez was throwing the ball just so hard that I found it hard to believe that anybody even had a chance to even foul one off.  The ball hitting the catchers mitt sounded like an explosion. 

From what I gather he was a bit of a nut. I would not be at all shocked if he was on steroids but again, he looked unhitable and that night he was backing guys off the plate and striking them out seemingly at will.

His career went south and he wound up playing with the Long Island Ducks from what I read. Those guys make very little money so I suppose that he wasn't much of a saver lol.

180?!  I would have guessed 250ish too!  He seemed like a beast. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.