Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

34 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not sure what you are saying exactly … but yes I would trade Diggs for 5…

Diggs and maybe a later round pick or some combination of late picks to get that 5th. That 5 spot would be Great!!

• Like (+1) 1

I find this all both funny and sad.

Irritating and intriguing.

If he's not gone, just shut the hell up on social, at least with posts of him in a Bills uni. If he's gone, I don't care and might welcome the change.

26 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Where's there's smoke...

The Houston stuff has been percolating for a while.

I just dont think it's feasible for us with the dead cap it would create.

Can Diggs be traded now but have the deal for post-June 1, meaning could we get any picks now but have it count as a post-June 1 trade for the dead cap?

If not, there's no way at all we can absorb that dead cap prior to June 1, is there?

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Where's there's smoke...

I don't think there is any fire whatsoever here. None at all.

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

Can Diggs be traded now but have the deal for post-June 1, meaning could we get any picks now but have it count as a post-June 1 trade for the dead cap?

If not, there's no way at all we can absorb that dead cap prior to June 1, is there?

Nope.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don’t get why people get upset everytime Diggs makes a post. Unless Diggs holds out from playing in the regular season, who cares what he says in social media?! It’s apparent he likes to create drama and people feed into it so quickly.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think there is any fire whatsoever here. None at all.

You may be right. But there sure is a crap ton of smoke regardless. 

If this is really just a lot of people making up fake stories (like Stef calling a Texans WR to ask about the organization), I dont know what is the benefit for such a story.

The same tweeter who said this, also said that Snell will be an Astro (and had a text screenshot from an insider). So If that ends up happening, then i'll give him some credibility. 

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:
3 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Nope.

I don't see how we can trade him now the. We're $2 million over, Diggs would account for $31 million dead cap and we still need money for other vets and the rookies. 

I think there's smoke but no fire.

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I don’t get why people get upset everytime Diggs makes a post. Unless Diggs holds out from playing in the regular season, who cares what he says in social media?! It’s apparent he likes to create drama and people feed into it so quickly.

Some of us are just wishcasting that there is smoke to this..

Im not upset, im hopeful. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I agree, and none of this drama has been destructive to the team in the past, so I’m never very concerned. This doesn’t seem TO in his prime where the drama hurt the team. My greatest concern is the possibility that Diggs is past his prime. I worry about that far more than social media posts. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Where's there's smoke...

At any time. Diggs can renegotiate his contract to be more tradable, if he wants out he can change the contract terms prior to the trade so the bills can do it. It likely means he takes a pay cut in order to be traded.

its up to him.

Just now, Jerry Jabber said:

It’s apparent he likes to create drama 

And why does he do this? 

It does no good.

It's like poking a Bear with a stick and getting upset when he growls.

"Why not just ignore the stick, Mr Bear?" says the human  ... "How about you not poke me with it?" responds the Ursidae mammal.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Scanning through his profile he has peddled at least 3 certainties that have not come to pass this offseason for Houston.

Ooooh oooh let me guess.

Saquon to Houston

Chris Jones to Houston

Greenard retained

3 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I don't see how we can trade him now the. We're $2 million over, Diggs would account for $31 million dead cap and we still need money for other vets and the rookies. 

I thought trading him after May would save $19M against the cap

5 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I thought trading him after May would clear $19M in cap space