Josh Allen not in Pro Bowl because of Pebble Beach tee time, Minshew going as alternate

For some reason, some still believe that Josh is getting snubbed again for the Pro Bowl, but that's not the case.

"For some who buy in to the “Minshew Magic” the quarterback brings, they were excited to see the quarterback get this accolade after he stepped up this season when starter Anthony Richardson got hurt. For other fans, they questioned why Minshew deserves the honor over other accomplished quarterbacks in the AFC, like Josh Allen of the Buffalo Bills.

It’s worth noting that NFL players can turn down a Pro Bowl bid due to a prior engagement or because of injury. In Allen’s case, it appears that he has a tee time at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am already booked for Pro Bowl weekend, which could explain his absence in Orlando."

https://www.si.com/nfl/2024/01/30/gardner-minshew-colts-surprise-selection-pro-bowl-alternate-reactions

The only year they didn't snub him and put him as an alternate was the year there wasn't a Pro Bowl, every other year he pretty much could have gone but didn't, I'm not sure he'd he even go if he got in not as an alternate.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

48 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The only year they didn't snub him and put him as an alternate was the year there wasn't a Pro Bowl, every other year he pretty much could have gone but didn't, I'm not sure he'd he even go if he got in not as an alternate.

If I'm Josh I'm never going to a pro bowl as an alternate.  Much rather be teeing off at pebble. Right choice 17.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

The MVP didn't make the Pro Bowl, Go figure..

.Maybe Josh's girl will win an Academy or Oscar award lol

Jackson was excused for personal reasons I believe, with CJ Stroud taking his place. 

I'm worried about someone getting hurt in that flag football game... at least it's not on sand I guess, but flag football definitely can get physical and they're probably going to actually try

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The Pro Bowl is stupid, meaningless and boring. 

Agree. When writers reference pro bowls as credentials for HOF consideration, I find it completely bogus. All-Pro is the only thing that means anything outside of SB wins and individual statistics. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.