Gunner's 2024 Mock Draft - FINAL v3.0 NOW LIVE (p.13)

GunnerBill

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea Mitchell is good. And he has arguably the best hands in the class. He just leaves me a bit cold. I think he is really solid. But not sure I see the ceiling of some of the other guys. 

The one year point on Legette is totally fair.

I get it on AD not being a burner but all he does is get open. I think he is being undervalued by some and believe he will be very successful in the league.  He is a football player. The one knock I would have on him is durability. He was hurt 2 out of 3 years in college. 

It’s all good and maybe I am just biased as a Georgia fan. 

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

McD gets Beane in.  Then, within 5 seasons, Daboll is gone, replaced by the QB coach, who then is out, replaced by the next QB coach.....

I didn’t realize that Daboll, Dorsey and Brady were part of the front office. 

I think Benson is a round 4 guy. He has really poor vision. He tends to want to hit it big and dance sideways instead of hitting the hole. Once he gets going he’s a load but that’s the hard part for him. I understand every draft is different but I loved Chase Brown who I thought was a better prospect than Benson and he went around 4 

15 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

It’s all good and maybe I am just biased as a Georgia fan. 

As a fellow UGA fan, I am admittedly biased as well, but considering he helped win 2 National Championships, I think our bias is at least based on real success on the field.  It's not like we are Ohio State fans or someone who can't win the big one. :)

I'm all for the Bills drafting any of Bowers (TE), Mitchell (WR), McConkey (WR), Bullard (S), Lassiter (CB), Van Pran (C), Tykee Smith (S), Mims (OL), Edwards (RB), and Jacksaint (WR) because they are all really good football players with proven track records of success.  The Bills could certainly benefit from guys who know how to win.  

Also most of the guys listed are top 3 rd picks.  Bowers, Mitchell, Mims, and Lassiter have 1st rd grades.  Bullard, Tykee Smith, and Van Pran have 2nd rd grades, and McConkey a 2nd to 3rd rd grade.  

If the Bills went Mitchell first, Bullard second, and then grabbed Edwards (RB) and Jacksaint late in the draft I'd be thrilled for the Bills because those guys would make the Bills a better football team.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is one problem with staffing the coaching ranks and FO's in the NFL.  Guys get in and want to bring in their buddies or "promote from within" (in order to maintain authoritative control).   

39 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Step closer to your monitor...

48 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

I dont think it's Shoen, he just inherited a catastrophe.   They should have gone full rebuild style.   That team seriously lacks talent.

Schoen/Daboll decided not to pick up Jone's 5th year (which would have been 2023 at 22 million).  Then they had the opportunity to franchise his this year.  After one mediocre season that resulted in a playoff win, they instead chose to re-sign him with the 8th highest guarantee in the league--$82 million/2 years, which was $10 million MORE than it would have cost to franchise him for the same 2 years.

The result was predictable:  starting 2023, he was absolutely awful (again)...until he was injured (again).   Big chunk of the cap on a useless QB---all of this was predictable/avoidable. This is the Blake Bortles deal.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Is that what happened here in our front office? 

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:
7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is one problem with staffing the coaching ranks and FO's in the NFL.  Guys get in and want to bring in their buddies or "promote from within" (in order to maintain authoritative control).   

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Step closer to your monitor...

I encourage you to do the same… 😁

Edited by JGMcD2

Giants are moving up for a QB or they take your selection at 6 as a last resort. They really don’t have a choice.

This is year 3 and Schoen still hasn’t selected a QB. You don’t get a 12 year plan in NY. It’s this year or they are gone. They need their Franchise guy. It’s ***** or get off the pot for those clown shoes.

Edited by Governor

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I did consider Bullard as well. He would be a legitimate choice there. I disagre with you on the receivers but I accept I am probably higher on Legette than the consensus. I think he is a stud. My issue with Mitchell is I don't see much pop. He is a bit one paced for my liking. Great hands but certainly as a Bills fit we need explosion. 

1. He is already off the board here.

2. He isn't completely the same type. Thomas is strictly a vertical receiver. Legette can do that but has more wiggle IMO to be involved in the short and intermediate game.

I will give you the bolded... Don't think hes off the board here.. huge assumption, There are multiple draft profiles that have him going late first round....  Bullard as more of what we need.  we have plenty of underneath players. Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid. I am for sticking to one player that does one thing REALLY WELL  rather than a player that does a bunch of things good. We need a Really good deep threat, that has moves in his rout running game. this guy is that answer. 

I want no parts of Leggette.  5 years before he began to produce, his route tree is limited and his highlights are filled with contested catches, which leads me to believe that he doesn't separate, bringing us back to his route running.

The NFL is filled with great athletes.  You have to be more than that.  

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

It's funny that you say that, but all Mitchell ever did at Georgia was score clutch TDs and average about 15 yards a catch.  In all 4 CFP games with GA, Mitchell caught a TD.  At Texas, he had 11 TDs and averaged over 15 yards a catch.  He also caught a TD in Texas' CFP game this season.   When I think of what the Bills need, a 6-4 receiver who knows how to get open and make a critical catch, he tops the list.  

My biggest issue with Legette is that he did nothing for his first 4 years at USC.  He had a great year last season, but again when I watched him play against UGA, it wasn't memorable.  

Mitchell reminds me a little of Ju Ju smith- Schuster, which isn't a put down he put together some quality years.

Going to be a lot of moving and shaking by april, keeping my eye on that cat from Western-Kentucky huge Deebo vibes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Christ, we're back to this crap already?

I can't do mock drafts anymore.  The whole thing is just completely 100% irrelevant.

The draft is HOPE!!! 

A needed commodity for all Bills fans, at least for this one🤪

• Thank you (+1) 1