Detroit = Cleveland = Buffalo - The Curse of Lake Erie?

KDIGGZ

Detroit = Cleveland = Buffalo...the Curse of Lake Erie?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What the heck is going on??

• It's a CURSE!
    • Toxic water levels in Lake Erie
    • It's just a coincidence, nothing to see here!
    • Other (comment)

I don't know about you, but the parallels between last night's game hit a little bit too close to home for me. To me it seemed inevitable that Detroit was going to lose that game as SF started battling back. There was nothing Detroit could do, they were going to choke.

We have seen it ourselves. A well rounded team with an explosive offense and a good defense comes out of nowhere and shocks the league. That was us in 2020, and like Detroit we almost rode that wave all the way to the Superbowl. "We'll be back next year" echoed many of the Detroit Lions faithful. Don't be so sure.

For whatever reason, Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo are all eerily similar. Rust belt cities that have been down on their luck for the past 50+ years or so. We also share a common geographic feature...Lake Erie. Is it something in the water? Could it be a native American curse? Or just a coincidence? You decide!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

I don't know about you, but the parallels between last night's game hit a little bit too close to home for me. To me it seemed inevitable that Detroit was going to lose that game as SF started battling back. There was nothing Detroit could do, they were going to choke.

We have seen it ourselves. A well rounded team with an explosive offense and a good defense comes out of nowhere and shocks the league. That was us in 2020, and like Detroit we almost rode that wave all the way to the Superbowl. "We'll be back next year" echoed many of the Detroit Lions faithful. Don't be so sure.

For whatever reason, Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo are all eerily similar. Rust belt cities that have been down on their luck for the past 50+ years or so. We also share a common geographic feature...Lake Erie. Is it something in the water? Could it be a native American curse? Or just a coincidence? You decide!

If Dan Campbell kicks 2 Field goals when he should have. They probably win that game. That's his fault 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Definitely lake Erie since other cities near the great lakes have rings (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Chicago).  I think Dan Campbell needs to act like a coach sometimes and not a player in his calls.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Definitely lake Erie since other cities near the great lakes have rings (Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Chicago).  I think Dan Campbell needs to act like a coach sometimes and not a player in his calls.

You mean a professional coach, and not a high schooler playing Madden!

38 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Well Cleveland did win an NBA championship not too awfully long ago

Yes.

Cleveland's curse is truly Art Modell. Buys the team in 1963, fires arguably the greatest coach of all time (Paul Brown), goes bankrupt in a football crazed city, moves the team & fires Bellichick (who had the Browns on the right path). 

Can we throw the Minnesota Vikings into this curse too? Another tortured fan base...Lake Superior is cold lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Man I don't know...Detroit Pistons and Tigers have both won championships.

Cleveland Cavs won a championship and then the Indians...err...Guardians went to the World Series and had a 3-1 lead before losing 4-3, almost getting a double dip on Championships in the same year...

Buffalo has the...Bandits...but at least they have won like 5 Championships, including last year.

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Man I don't know...Detroit Pistons and Tigers have both won championships.

Cleveland Cavs won a championship and then the Indians...err...Guardians went to the World Series and had a 3-1 lead before losing 4-3, almost getting a double dip on Championships in the same year...

Buffalo has the...Bandits...but at least they have won like 5 Championships, including last year.

I don't watch those sports and neither do the elders that placed this curse on us!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.