Lions fans mad at Dan Campbell. Bills fans mad at Sean McDermott. Would you trade McD for Campbell

Chaos

As a Bills fan would you trade Sean McDermott for Dan Campbell  

293 members have voted

1. 1. As a Bills fan would you trade Sean McDermott for Dan Campbell

2. 2. Do you think the majority of Lions fans would approve of a trade of Dan Campbell for Sean McDermott

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Campbell and McDermott have pretty different public personas.  There teams play with different styles.  Would you trade McDermott for Campbell.  Do you think the majority of Lions fans would trade Campbell for McDermott? 

This year's Lions are the 2020 Bills (Josh and McD's first AFC Championship game). But I'm not sure the Lions have the quarterback to be yearly Super Bowl contenders--the Bills do and are.

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

To be fair it only gets harder though…people talk about it like it’s a linear thing like ‘look how good they were early in the Campbell era it’s only gonna get better from here’ but it really doesn’t work that way.

draft picks get worse, schedules get harder, you start having coaches poached, opponents adjust to what you have been running.  You just can’t blow an opportunity like this one 

I can get behind the later fourth down attempt but not taking the fg that would’ve put them up 3 scores was wild imo. If it wasn’t for that late run from the goal line I wouldn’t be as hard as him though but that was just outrageous.  

And there is this . . .

7 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Campbell single handedly lost that game. He went for 2 4th downs in 49ers territory where he could have made the score 27-10 and then again when he could have made tied the game at 27. They didn't get either 4th down and once the 49ers went up by 10, the game was done

In his defense, didn’t he do that all year??  Maybe that’s why they got this far in the first place?  

We can’t really judge bc we all are bills fans and haven’t watched every lions game.

for example, non-bills fans would not have known bass had stunk for 10 straight games and there was a ZERO percent chance he makes that 4th and 9 kick v the Chiefs. 

non-bills fans may not have known that there was also a ZERO percent chance our D would stop KC if we made that FG.

only bills fans would know this.  So only bills fans would know that going for it on 4th and 9 was the correct call.  Every other fan base would call that decision dumb and consider missing an easy FG just “bad luck”.  But we know the truth.

maybe lions fans know something similar 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Chaos said:

Campbell and McDermott have pretty different public personas.  There teams play with different styles.  Would you trade McDermott for Campbell.  Do you think the majority of Lions fans would trade Campbell for McDermott? 

Campbell already much better HC,  that team is young and will only get better.  Bills will never win in the playoffs with McDermott as the HC

• Agree 1

10 times out of 10 I take Campbell over McD. He is the pulse of his team and his team comes out every game like warriors ready for battle. He always takes ownership for his decision making. Hes an offensive head coach and mentored Ben Johnson (his TE coach) so I don’t believe his offense will lose their identity when Ben leaves. He gives his QB every weapon available to succeed. He fits the Buffalo never give up, loyal to a fault attitude. Josh would love him! And he can and will get this team winning a Super Bowl 

side note- lions have the absolute WORST corner back situation in the league. Sutton and Vildor and all of their backups are trash. They could’ve had 2 easy interceptions to put a cap on this game and they can’t cover worth a cheap zip lock bag. Lions had some unfortunate breaks and they should be in the Super Bowl but I don’t fault Campbell for not kicking a 48 yd kicking with his lame duck place kicker. This offseason corner and kicker are top priorities because they really don’t need much of anything (besides replacing stone hands Reynolds who also could’ve sealed the game for them) on offense…must be nice 

Edited by NeverOutNick

Not kicking the FG to make it 27-10 was a bad move. It was an easy kick in that spot.  Campbell should have pivoted there from what he usually does. We don’t know how the game would have changed if he had kicked it.

The later one was a 48 yarderer, not automatic, and Goff was still throwing really well so i was ok going for it on that series.

I know Campell is aggressive in how he coaches but he ****ed up when he went for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG's both times. At 24-10 kick it and make it 27-10 then you have a 3-score lead again midway through the 3rd quarter. The momentum started to change right there. Once the Niners got that big play down to the 4-yard line when the ball bounced of the CB's facemask, I knew the Lions would lose at that point.

59 minutes ago, peterpan said:

In his defense, didn’t he do that all year??  Maybe that’s why they got this far in the first place?  

We can’t really judge bc we all are bills fans and haven’t watched every lions game.

for example, non-bills fans would not have known bass had stunk for 10 straight games and there was a ZERO percent chance he makes that 4th and 9 kick v the Chiefs. 

non-bills fans may not have known that there was also a ZERO percent chance our D would stop KC if we made that FG.

only bills fans would know this.  So only bills fans would know that going for it on 4th and 9 was the correct call.  Every other fan base would call that decision dumb and consider missing an easy FG just “bad luck”.  But we know the truth.

maybe lions fans know something similar 

Yeah, he did do it all year. But he had the opportunity at 24-10 to take a 27-10 lead and chose not to. He had another opportunity at 27-24 to tie it so that if the 49ers score, he can tie the game with one TD as opposed to now being down by 10. I'm sure the scenarios he did it all season were different. That was not the time to do that

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

No but I'd trade McD for Ben Johnson in a heartbeat. 

Lions had an awfully familiar poor 2nd half offense. This would be something we all have seen enough of. Ben slipped a few pegs with this.

This just shows exactly how much fans truly know about football & how hard it is just to get to the big game . Both coaches got their respective teams into the play offs and you can't get to the SB if you don't first get to the play offs .

In Bills territory the team would be stuck constantly in a drought unless of course there was some luck involved & they did get it right like Gruden did but that doesn't happen nearly as much as it goes the opposite way .

15 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Josh Allen…

show me the career playoff accolades of Andy Reid and Zach Taylor, since those are the two other franchises that have generational talents at the QB position.

Reid is a class of his own with 20+ years as a head coach. 

Taylor enjoyed a stacked Cincy with years of first round picks huge WR talent with the best college wr qb combo ending up on the same team. 

McD showed up to a team with 19 years without a playoff, a terrible cap situation with a team of veteran underachievers. 

Show me what Zach does next year with no tee Higgins, and no offensive coordinator. 

8 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

That headline fits the picture. Dude is in utter despair. As well he should be. Indeed  It was a brutal way to lose. I think overall straight up the better team won but that isn't the point. 

if I were a true detroit fan I'd be just sick about it and going through allll the grief stages right now. SMH

It's just a game. It's just a game. It's just a game.....

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Reid is a class of his own with 20+ years as a head coach. 

Taylor enjoyed a stacked Cincy with years of first round picks huge WR talent with the best college wr qb combo ending up on the same team. 

McD showed up to a team with 19 years without a playoff, a terrible cap situation with a team of veteran underachievers. 

Show me what Zach does next year with no tee Higgins, and no offensive coordinator. 

We’re the chiefs rams and bengals perennial champs when their current head coaches took over ?

I actually voted no....but im changing my mind. 

Id rather play the way the lions played last night.

I like Josh over Goff in those 4th down situations...but I like Ben Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

While I don't agree with how concervative Sean is. I think Dan can be waaaay to recless with his decision making; with his all or nothing every game, all the time mentality. He wasted a lot of clock time last night. He could have saved 50 seconds or more and not wasted his first timeout had he kicked the field goal first and tried  the onsides kick. He would have had all three timeouts still if the onsides kick failed.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.