Lions fans mad at Dan Campbell. Bills fans mad at Sean McDermott. Would you trade McD for Campbell

Chaos

As a Bills fan would you trade Sean McDermott for Dan Campbell  

293 members have voted

1. 1. As a Bills fan would you trade Sean McDermott for Dan Campbell

2. 2. Do you think the majority of Lions fans would approve of a trade of Dan Campbell for Sean McDermott

I mean, Campbell called the game the same way as he did all season. The analytics said go and that's what he did. I agree it wasn't a move I would make, but this idea of this being his 13 seconds is a bit silly. He was completely aware of what he was doing, would do it again, and especially in the case of the first one, would have converted pretty easily.  

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It was.

That being said, there is something more forgiving (in my opinion) about blowing a game by being aggressive… than by blowing a game by a mind-numbing poor kickoff decision.

Running on the goal line late in that one and promptly wasting a timeout because of it was the most mindboggingly idiotic football decision I have ever seen in my life and it’s not even particularly close 

I literally cannot contain myself commenting on posts like this to talk about that play and I really have no investment in the lions 😂. That’s how bad it was 

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I mean, Campbell called the game the same way as he did all season. The analytics said go and that's what he did. I agree it wasn't a move I would make, but this idea of this being his 13 seconds is a bit silly. He was completely aware of what he was doing, would do it again, and especially in the case of the first one, would have converted pretty easily.  

Why is no one talking about the run call on the goal line after the two minute warning hahaha I feel like I’m taking crazy pills..  I was absolutely stunned by that..  if he would do that again he should be fired immediately

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Running on the goal line late in that one and promptly wasting a timeout because of it was the most mindboggingly idiotic football decision I have ever seen in my life and it’s not even particularly close 

Agreed.

But I assume that was Ben’s decision rather than Dan.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Agreed.

But I assume that was Ben’s decision rather than Dan.

You have to overrule your oc there there’s just absolutely no way that can be allowed to happen…can’t believe that’s not what everyone is focusing on haha that’s like a fundamental misunderstanding of how football works by your hc/oc 

even if Goff checked into a run that’s just a huge mistake that the coaches can’t allow to happen 

a lot of these horrible plays throughout history we’ve seen you can at least see where the coach was coming from(ex our fake punt was a 11 on 10 situation) but this particular call  had just no redeeming qualities lol 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I literally cannot contain myself commenting on posts like this to talk about that play and I really have no investment in the lions 😂. That’s how bad it was 

Why is no one talking about the run call on the goal line after the two minute warning hahaha I feel like I’m taking crazy pills..  I was absolutely stunned by that..  if he would do that again he should be fired immediately

That was no doubt a really bad call. 

I figure most the communication is about him going for it and well, that's just who he is. Nothing is changing it. It's also what the analytics say is the right move. So I guess I cut him more slack over those calls even if they wouldn't have been mine. 

Edited by Mikie2times

Just now, Warcodered said:

Why in the world are Lions fans mad at Cambell he's taken that team that was literally bottom of the NFL all the way to a conference championship in the few years he's been there.

To be fair it only gets harder though…people talk about it like it’s a linear thing like ‘look how good they were early in the Campbell era it’s only gonna get better from here’ but it really doesn’t work that way.

draft picks get worse, schedules get harder, you start having coaches poached, opponents adjust to what you have been running.  You just can’t blow an opportunity like this one 

Just now, Mikie2times said:

That was no doubt a really bad call. 

I figure most the communication is about him going for it and well, that's just who he is. Nothing is changing it. It's also what the analytics say is the right move. So I guess I cut him more slack over those calls even if they wouldn't have been mine. 

I can get behind the later fourth down attempt but not taking the fg that would’ve put them up 3 scores was wild imo. If it wasn’t for that late run from the goal line I wouldn’t be as hard as him though but that was just outrageous.  

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

To be fair it only gets harder though…people talk about it like it’s a linear thing like ‘look how good they were early in the Campbell era it’s only gonna get better from here’ but it really doesn’t work that way.

draft picks get worse, schedules get harder, you start having coaches poached, opponents adjust to what you have been running.  You just can’t blow an opportunity like this one 

Which makes four straight years of winning the division with double digit wins even that more impressive.  There's a reason only us and the Chiefs have accomplished that feat.  Great QB play and coaching.

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

McDermott has done way more than Campbell. That would be a dumb trade.

People are gonna argue this but there’s really not enough info yet either way…the first surprisingly good season is the easy one but people talk it up like going from bad team to playoff contender is the hard part 

Packers could give them some issues too 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People are gonna argue this but there’s really not enough info yet either way…the first surprisingly good season is the easy one but people talk it up like going from bad team to playoff contender is the hard part 

Packers could give them some issues too 

Packers could be giving it to the Lions  hard next year… I’ll stick with Tua 

Edited by Aussie Joe

Many times this season I’ve seen coaches go for it, manage to get it, then get stuffed on the next series and settle for a FG anyway or turn it over.

It would be different if that 4th and 4 decision guaranteed you a TD but it doesn’t.

You’re on the road, with a lead, you kick the FG every time.

Andy Reid kicks that FG in that spot.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Packers could be giving it to the Lions  hard next year… I’ll stick with Tua 

Bein in the conference without mahomes is probably nice too lol I’d prefer the niners with Brock purdy being the conferences team to beat 

I shouldn’t even just say mahomes cuz that chiefs defense deserves a ton of credit 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

I like Campbell.  Seems like a good guy and a good leader.  Those 4th down decisions, though, were bad.  Still, he turned around the franchise and led the team to their best season in 50+ years.  

Campbell only won something like 4 of his first 23 games and somehow didn't get fired.  Sometimes owners - and fans - need to be patient.  

Agreed.  I like Campbell as well and he turned that franchise around as McD did here from our 17 years of losing.  Johnson overall is a heck of an OC, and no one is perfect.

• Like (+1) 1

Coaches are the easiest to blame. 

I just don’t understand the logic of wanting to replace a coach that loses in the 2nd or 3rd round of the playoffs? Heck, some fans want coaches fired after losing Super Bowls.

“You can’t beat the best 2-3 coaches in the league so we’re going to replace you with a completely unknown and unproven head coach because we think he can”. Basically this is the logic.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yeah.  That was certainly 13 seconds bad.  If you're calling a run play there have your FG unit ready or just go for it again without calling a timeout.  Game is basically over once they called that timeout as the odds of recovering an onside kick are minuscule. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.