Lions fans mad at Dan Campbell. Bills fans mad at Sean McDermott. Would you trade McD for Campbell

Chaos

As a Bills fan would you trade Sean McDermott for Dan Campbell  

293 members have voted

1. 1. As a Bills fan would you trade Sean McDermott for Dan Campbell

2. 2. Do you think the majority of Lions fans would approve of a trade of Dan Campbell for Sean McDermott

Campbell plays the part of tough guy/madman/emotional idiot a bit too much for me. I don’t care what he says, you don’t leave 6 points on the field because you’re the nut who wants to eat kneecaps. Yes, he’s aggressive, cool. But sometimes you need to use your brain. His bravado cost them the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 6

23 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Not even close.  I didn't like the decision to not kick the FG's but those were 50/50 calls at the time he made them.  Thirteen seconds represented a complete collapse of the Bills special teams & defensive coaching.  What Campbell did today isn't in the same ball park of coaching screw ups as McD and 13 seconds.

I think there’s a bit of bias here because it wasn’t our team. the run call from the goal line was absolutely inexplicably horrendous coaching that really wasn’t far off that big Kelce play during 13 seconds…it honestly might have been worse 

not to mention numerous blunders not taking points with a lead.  Lions really choked hard in this one.  I’d argue tonight was worse than 13 second but more diluted throughout the course of the game…lions were in complete control and straight up coughed it up with really questionable decision making throughout the night 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

There is a fine line between playing aggressive and being dumb. With your team firmly in control take the FG and go up 3 scores. Would have been different story if team was down and trying to comeback.

That and the run late from the goal line forcing them to burn a timeout were absolutely mindboggling awful coaching.  

22 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There's wetting the bed which is understandable as that was Campbell's first Championship Game and then there's having uncontrollable diahera in bed which is what McD did in the 13 seconds game.

Idk man that run call on the goal line was just  really really really really awful decision making like I can’t even fathom it lol that was a coaching failure of the highest order.

if that was our team I can’t even freakin imagine what we’d be saying right now 😂 I think our perspective is skewed because we’re on the outside looking in 

13 seconds we got burned by the screen pass on first down big time which is real bad but I can at least wrap my head around it. running on the goal line down two scores past the two minute warning is absolutely absurd 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

There is a fine line between playing aggressive and being dumb. With your team firmly in control take the FG and go up 3 scores. Would have been different story if team was down and trying to comeback.

But the grass was maybe a little wet🤣  Sorry, but if you're an NFL kicker you should be sent out at that distance in that game situation in those conditions with zero wind and zero precip.  Campbell hasn't said anything about that in his postgame.  Nah, this was stupid, aggressive arrogance.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Especially late in the 3rd quarter.   

It wasn’t the first quarter or even the first half.  

The only thing I could accept as a Lions fan is if DC comes out and says “didn’t trust the FG.” 

Which if you’re at that point the kicker shouldn’t be on the team.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

One is aggressive and the other cautious but both seem to blow it under pressure.

The McDermott being cautious/conservative narrative is just as bad as the Josh is a turnover machine narrative.  They both need to die.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Lions fans are absolutely out of their mind to be mad at Dan Campbell. Lions literally just arrived this year as a legit team. Get back to me after the Lions have been relevant for at least three seasons then we can discuss making a coaching change.

Would you want to trade him for McDermott as per the thread title? 

2 hours ago, Beast said:

That was Campbell’s 13 second game.

It was.

That being said, there is something more forgiving (in my opinion) about blowing a game by being aggressive… than by blowing a game by a mind-numbing poor kickoff decision.

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Lions fans are absolutely out of their mind to be mad at Dan Campbell. Lions literally just arrived this year as a legit team. Get back to me after the Lions have been relevant for at least three seasons then we can discuss making a coaching change.

The Campbell defenders are wild after this one…it’s not like he’s never coached a football game before lol. That decision to run on the goal line under 2 minutes to go down two scores might have been the worst coaching decision I have ever seen in my life and that’s not even an exaggeration 

obviously you’re not gonna fire him but my goodness I am seething just thinking about it and I barely care about the lions 😂

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.