2024 WR Draft Class

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  The more I watch of the prospects, I’m not enamored with any of the WRs that will be there when we pick (I’m in the camp that thinks Thomas Jr and Troy Franklin will be gone by 28).  I view Mitchell, Coleman, Leggette, worthy, McConkey and the rest as rd 2 guys.  Problem being, I think all of those guys will be gone within the first 10 picks of rd 2. Trading down a few spots and getting more picks and options for maneuverability later in the draft makes a lot of sense (if Thomas and Franklin are gone). 

Pretty much. I mean, I think there is a decent chance that the Bills get a crack at a guy. The Bears, Patriots, Commanders, Giants, Titans, Falcons, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks and potentially Vikings all have uncertainty about QB and I expect a bunch of them will try to draft one within the first few rounds. There are almost certainly 2-3 OTs taken in the top 15. 

I imagine that Harrison, Nabers,  Oduze and Thomas will all be gone by the time the Bills. If one of them makes it, you spring to the podium and thank your lucky stars.

I would like Franklin, would probably be a good fit, but if at 28 and there is Franklin, Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, Keon Coleman, Xavier Worthy, McConkey, Devontez Walker, Polk, Pearsall and Wilson, and Bills aren't struck dead in awe with any of them I'd rather see us move back into the second round for them, or take a massively dropped DE or S and then spend some of those 5ths to get into the middle of the 2nd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Pretty much. I mean, I think there is a decent chance that the Bills get a crack at a guy. The Bears, Patriots, Commanders, Giants, Titans, Falcons, Broncos, Raiders, Seahawks and potentially Vikings all have uncertainty about QB and I expect a bunch of them will try to draft one within the first few rounds. There are almost certainly 2-3 OTs taken in the top 15. 

I imagine that Harrison, Nabers,  Oduze and Thomas will all be gone by the time the Bills. If one of them makes it, you spring to the podium and thank your lucky stars.

I would like Franklin, would probably be a good fit, but if at 28 and there is Franklin, Coleman, Adonai Mitchell, Keon Coleman, Xavier Worthy, McConkey, Devontez Walker, Polk, Pearsall and Wilson, and Bills aren't struck dead in awe with any of them I'd rather see us move back into the second round for them, or take a massively dropped DE or S and then spend some of those 5ths to get into the middle of the 2nd.

I’d rather take Franklin if he’s there but I agree with the rest.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d rather take Franklin if he’s there but I agree with the rest.  

Personally I am with you. I have seen him mocked to us a few times, and he sounds like the Peerless Price equivalent to take the top off the defense. That's what Gabe was supposed to be, and while he had a great game once a month that inconsistency hurt. 

I've said elsewhere that Diggs has above average but not elite size and speed, and that his talents have been lain in combining that with excellent route running. But with bracket coverage you've had the offense need to scheme him open on short throws rather than letting him work the intermediate like he'd been doing.

The best antidote to teams sitting on short and intermediate routes is to burn them on deep throws. And as we saw in the KC game, but just Didn't. Have. That.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

if we stay at 28 and Brian Thomas Jr or Troy Franklin are still on the board…you draft them! Man, I wish we could have both!!!!

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

if we stay at 28 and Brian Thomas Jr or Troy Franklin are still on the board…you draft them! Man, I wish we could have both!!!!

I’m all for it! We just call both names and see if Goodell notices! 👍

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Absolutely for Thomas, as that would be a massive drop from where I've seen him projected. I wouldn't hate a trade up of a few of our 5ths and/or a 2025 pick to get him if he sneaks into the low 20s.

Troy Franklin looks like the perfect fit of position, talent and draft slot. Personally I would say pull the trigger.

My list from before is more a thought exercise. If, through the next two months, the Bills look at all of these receiver prospects and sees the tier of "we think will be elite" ends with Thomas and "instantly productive, isn't going to unseat Diggs anytime soon" starts with Franklin, and there are nine other guys they put in that tier, they might try to trade back or wait for round 2.

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Absolutely for Thomas, as that would be a massive drop from where I've seen him projected. I wouldn't hate a trade up of a few of our 5ths and/or a 2025 pick to get him if he sneaks into the low 20s.

Troy Franklin looks like the perfect fit of position, talent and draft slot. Personally I would say pull the trigger.

My list from before is more a thought exercise. If, through the next two months, the Bills look at all of these receiver prospects and sees the tier of "we think will be elite" ends with Thomas and "instantly productive, isn't going to unseat Diggs anytime soon" starts with Franklin, and there are nine other guys they put in that tier, they might try to trade back or wait for round 2.

I would really hope they would trade up for the “we think will be elite” guy vs the guy that will just be Robin to Diggs’ Batman. We need to find someone to eventually replace Diggs. At this point in his career Diggs would be an incredible #2

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

I would really hope they would trade up for the “we think will be elite” guy vs the guy that will just be Robin to Diggs’ Batman. We need to find someone to eventually replace Diggs. At this point in his career Diggs would be an incredible #2

I mean, don't we all?

The problem is that the Bills don't have a ton of trade value at this point to move up in the first round. I know that the Draft Pick Point Chart isn't exactly a stable and reliable guide but the only way I see the Bills getting into even the late teens to early 20s is giving up their second rounder, and we have a lot of depth to fill.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I mean, don't we all?

The problem is that the Bills don't have a ton of trade value at this point to move up in the first round. I know that the Draft Pick Point Chart isn't exactly a stable and reliable guide but the only way I see the Bills getting into even the late teens to early 20s is giving up their second rounder, and we have a lot of depth to fill.

Yeah I think next years picks are much more likely to move. But I’m not sure a team would take it. Would have to be next years 1 probably to make it worth it for them 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yeah I think next years picks are much more likely to move. But I’m not sure a team would take it. Would have to be next years 1 probably to make it worth it for them 

Indeed. It's less that I am opposed to the idea. I think it's possible that Beane manages a band-aid at 3/5 tech DT, a rotational DE (to supplement a theoretically rejuvenated Von, Rouss and Kingley Jonathan) and Safety with reasonably priced journeymen so there are no other positions that require a rookie as a Week 1 starter, and therefore we could splurge on WR2. 

The question is, who is willing to take the deal, especially if they can claim an elite WR for themselves. It's really going to come down to draft night to see who slides.

• Like (+1) 1

FWIW, Dane Brugler of The Athletic put out his top 100 (big board, not mock) for this year's draft. The WR class ranks as follows (position rank in parentheses):

https://theathletic.com/5270481/2024/02/13/nfl-draft-2024-prospect-rankings-top-100/

2. Marvin Harrison Jr. (1)

3. Malik Nabers (2)

7. Rome Odunze (3)

14. Brian Thomas Jr. (4)

28. Keon Coleman (5)

34. Ladd McConkey (6)

35. Adonai Mitchell (7)

40. Troy Franklin (8)

45. Roman Wilson (9)

46. Xavier Worthy (10)

49. Malachi Corley (11)

54. Ja'Lynn Polk (12)

64. Tez Walker (13)

65. Jalen McMillan (14)

78. Ricky Pearsall (15)

80. Xavier Legette (16)

97. Brenden Rice (17)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

FWIW, Dane Brugler of The Athletic put out his top 100 (big board, not mock) for this year's draft. The WR class ranks as follows (position rank in parentheses):

https://theathletic.com/5270481/2024/02/13/nfl-draft-2024-prospect-rankings-top-100/

3. Malik Nabers (2)

7. Rome Odunze (3)

14. Brian Thomas Jr. (4)

28. Keon Coleman (5)

34. Ladd McConkey (6)

35. Adonai Mitchell (7)

40. Troy Franklin (8)

45. Roman Wilson (9)

46. Xavier Worthy (10)

49. Malachi Corley (11)

54. Ja'Lynn Polk (12)

64. Tez Walker (13)

65. Jalen McMillan (14)

78. Ricky Pearsall (15)

80. Xavier Legette (16)

97. Brenden Rice (17)

I think the top four being considered top 15 picks has been fairly standard across all mocks and big boards I have seen.

The flux I am seeing is the appraisals of Coleman, and Franklin down,and it's a pretty big swath. If that keeps going, I would seriously consider looking in the 2nd round for a WR, either because the Bills trade back or stand pat and pick up a gem of a safety/DE

On 2/13/2024 at 8:10 AM, racketmaster said:

Sign me up for Jermaine Burton. He looks like a DJ Moore clone and that is good enough for me. Just not sure if he is a complete head case or not with all the teams he has bounced around on but he looks to be a plug and play wr that could make an immediate impact for us next year and you might be able to land him in the second round. 

He's got that Steve Smith attitude. 

I'd love to see it. 

He's a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen but this team lacks bravado. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2024 at 12:26 PM, The Firebaugh Kid said:

He's got that Steve Smith attitude. 

I'd love to see it. 

He's a 15 yard penalty waiting to happen but this team lacks bravado. 

Burton was accused of punching a female fan from another team.  Now, I don’t know if that’s true or not, but there are vague “character concerns” floating around him.  Again, don’t know if that is right, but teams will know.

• Agree 1

On 2/14/2024 at 3:45 PM, DCOrange said:

3. Malik Nabers (2)

7. Rome Odunze (3)

14. Brian Thomas Jr. (4)

28. Keon Coleman (5)

34. Ladd McConkey (6)

35. Adonai Mitchell (7)

40. Troy Franklin (8)

45. Roman Wilson (9)

46. Xavier Worthy (10)

49. Malachi Corley (11)

54. Ja'Lynn Polk (12)

64. Tez Walker (13)

65. Jalen McMillan (14)

78. Ricky Pearsall (15)

80. Xavier Legette (16)

97. Brenden Rice (17)

He is way too low on Legette. Otherwise he and I are relatively broadly aligned (at least on position ranking).

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Burton was accused of punching a female fan from another team.  Now, I don’t know if that’s true or not, but there are vague “character concerns” floating around him.  Again, don’t know if that is right, but teams will know.

Just watching his highlight reel he looks like a complete and total loose cannon, but it’s like an axl rose situation… I’m intrigued. Haha

On 2/14/2024 at 10:45 AM, DCOrange said:

3. Malik Nabers (2)

7. Rome Odunze (3)

14. Brian Thomas Jr. (4)

28. Keon Coleman (5)

34. Ladd McConkey (6)

35. Adonai Mitchell (7)

40. Troy Franklin (8)

45. Roman Wilson (9)

46. Xavier Worthy (10)

49. Malachi Corley (11)

54. Ja'Lynn Polk (12)

64. Tez Walker (13)

65. Jalen McMillan (14)

78. Ricky Pearsall (15)

80. Xavier Legette (16)

97. Brenden Rice (17)

It seems everyone is in agreeance on Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Thomas as the Top 4 guys.

After that, everyone seems to have differing opinions on the next group of guys and that it's a cluster of similarly ranked prospects. 

On one hand, that says to me if Thomas isn't available (which is probably likely save for a fall and at least a small trade up) - we could probably wait until the Mid-2nd and land a guy who's about the same value as who we would take at 28. 

On the other, I think it's going to come down to the type of WR we're looking for. With Shakir and Kincaid in the slot already and especially if they opt to keep Harty on a paycut instead of cutting him - anyone who is looked at as primarily a Slot guy is out for us. Similarly, anyone under 6'1", who runs slower than a 4.45 40 is probably also out. 

I haven't gone through the list of guys who fit that bill in that 2nd/3rd tier yet. But if there's only 1 or 2 that check all those boxes, we can't really afford to wait.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It seems everyone is in agreeance on Harrison, Nabers, Odunze, and Thomas as the Top 4 guys.

After that, everyone seems to have differing opinions on the next group of guys and that it's a cluster of similarly ranked prospects. 

On one hand, that says to me if Thomas isn't available (which is probably likely save for a fall and at least a small trade up) - we could probably wait until the Mid-2nd and land a guy who's about the same value as who we would take at 28. 

On the other, I think it's going to come down to the type of WR we're looking for. With Shakir and Kincaid in the slot already and especially if they opt to keep Harty on a paycut instead of cutting him - anyone who is looked at as primarily a Slot guy is out for us. Similarly, anyone under 6'1", who runs slower than a 4.45 40 is probably also out. 

I haven't gone through the list of guys who fit that bill in that 2nd/3rd tier yet. But if there's only 1 or 2 that check all those boxes, we can't really afford to wait.

Troy Franklin all day my friend.

6’3 legit top speed. Unique Long strides.  Already pretty good route runner. Good separation. Elite deep threat. Can play outside and inside

Developed QB friendly skills at Oregon. Finds open spaces on scramble ad-lib plays.  

2nd behind only Marvin Harrison JR in EPA/Route analytics

as of now my favorite WR’s that we have a realistic chance at drafting are 

Troy Franklin

Brian Thomas Jr

Xavier Worthy

Adonai Mitchell

Xavier Legette

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

6’3 legit top speed. Unique Long strides.  Already pretty good route runner. Good separation. Elite deep threat. Can play outside and inside

Developed QB friendly skills at Oregon. Finds open spaces on scramble ad-lib plays.  

Agreed

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Troy Franklin

Brian Thomas Jr

Xavier Worthy

Adonai Mitchell

Xavier Legette

It seems Franklin is the obvious choice.

I worry though that if he tests well, as I expect he will, that he'll climb. Especially if the top 3 come off the board within the first 7 or 8 picks. We've already seen a bit of a climb as analysts have really dug into his work and his traits. Every year, a WR with good traits ends up going higher than expected after testing well. For example, last season, Zay Flowers was looked at as a bit of a reach for us where we were. And he ended up being out of reach for us even in a trade up.

Here's hoping he stays within striking range.

I like what I've seen watching clips of Legette. Really looks like he checks all of the boxes. Height, mass, speed, big play ability. But it seems like a lot of people around here are down on him. Why is that?

Worthy looks explosive. But he also seems really small. He also appears to be more of a tweener than a true Outside guy, having played 40% of snaps out of the Slot last season. I don't think he fits the bill as a sure thing fit to stick almost exclusively playing on the end.

Maybe he can do it, but I see us looking more at guys with big frames that we're absolutely sure can do that rather than a projection.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I worry though that if he tests well, as I expect he will, that he'll climb. We've already seen a bit of a climb as analysts have really dug into his work and his traits. Every year, a WR with good traits ends up going higher than expected after testing well. For example, last season, Zay Flowers was looked at as a bit of a reach for us. And he ended up going before we picked.

I like what I've seen watching clips of Legette. Really looks like he checks all of the boxes. Height, mass, speed, big play ability. But it seems like a lot of people around here are down on him. Why is that?

Worthy looks explosive. But he also seems really small. He also appears to me to be a bit of a tweener and not a true Outside guy, having played 40% of snaps out of the Slot last season. I don't think he fits the bill as a surefire full time guy on the boundary in the NFL.

yea, there’s a decent chance we’ll need to move up a few spots.  I wonder if a team such as Seattle at 16 who has zero need for a WR would move with us for a 2nd next year and 4th this year. This would ensure we’d get our pick of the 3rd or 4th WR in the draft. It’s much more likely we’d only move up to 22- 26 though

with Legette it was said for a while he was 6’3. I think a lot people were disappointed that he’s 6’1. He also only has 1 year of good production right? He’s 23. Other WR’s are 20 or 21.  I like him though. He looks impactful from the clips I saw and the senior bowl one of the days

Worthy has shown speed that you can feel a few times.  I’d put him in motion and let him fly

Edited by Warriorspikes51

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I worry though that if he tests well, as I expect he will, that he'll climb. We've already seen a bit of a climb as analysts have really dug into his work and his traits. Every year, a WR with good traits ends up going higher than expected after testing well. For example, last season, Zay Flowers was looked at as a bit of a reach for us. And he ended up going before we picked.

Worthy looks explosive. But he also seems really small. He also appears to me to be a bit of a tweener and not a true Outside guy, having played 40% of snaps out of the Slot last season. I don't think he fits the bill as a surefire full time guy on the boundary in the NFL.

I think it’s so obvious that he doesn’t make it, unless someone takes a Jaelon Reagor.  I can’t see less than 5 WRs taken in the top 27 picks and I think Franklin is clearly a top 5 in this class.  Wr is a premier position and there are several teams in need.  Plus, I think the lack of edge rushers in this class will push WRs even higher up.  Our best chance at him slipping involved 8-10 OTs being taken before our pick

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think it’s so obvious that he doesn’t make it, unless someone takes a Jaelon Reagor.  I can’t see less than 5 WRs taken in the top 27 picks and I think Franklin is clearly a top 5 in this class.  Wr is a premier position and there are several teams in need.  Plus, I think the lack of edge rushers in this class will push WRs even higher up.  Our best chance at him slipping involved 8-10 OTs being taken before our pick

or us pulling a blockbuster trade with Houston at 23 for Diggs. Then leaving Thursday night with Franklin + Brian Thomas Jr.  😈

• Vomit 1

49 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, I tend to agree. The more I look at it, I feel like Harrison, Nabers, and Odunze are all coming off the board before Pick 10. The odds that only 1 other WR is taken in the next 20 picks or so seems like a Pipe Dream.

I do think Beane does move up this year a little higher than usual. But even then, I see it being more like 5-8 picks instead of the normal 2-3. Will it be enough to land the 5th WR on the board? Here's hoping.

50 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

yea, there’s a decent chance we’ll need to move up a few spots.  I wonder if a team such as Seattle at 16 who has zero need for a WR would move with us for a 2nd next year and 4th this year. This would ensure we’d get our pick of the 3rd or 4th WR in the draft. It’s much more likely we’d only move up to 22- 26 though

with Legette it was said for a while he was 6’3. I think a lot people were disappointed that he’s 6’1. He also only has 1 year of good production right? He’s also 23. Other WR’s are 20 or 21.  I like him though.  Worthy has shown speed that you can feel a few times.  I’d put him in motion and let him fly

Ah, okay. Yeah, a guy with only 1 year of production and being a bit older of a prospect would turn people off. I agree, I still like what I saw. 

I don't know, I'm out on Worthy. I really think we need a big body amongst our core and he just doesn't fit the bill to me. He's at my minimum for height and way below what I'm looking for in a frame. And his college usage doesn't fit the bill for me either. 

To me, it would easily be Mitchell if it's a Texas WR. 3" taller and 20+ pounds more in mass.

45 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

or us pulling a blockbuster trade with Houston at 23 for Diggs. Then leaving Thursday night with Franklin + Brian Thomas Jr.  😈

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

39 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I do wonder if Joe Brady’s connection to LSU will increase the chances of us liking Nabers enough to take a big swing. Or at the very least increasing the chances of taking Brian Thomas

Nabers isn't happening. While I expect a Trade Up, we won't give up what it would cost to get that high. And the likelihood that someone would want to drop 20+ picks is slim to none even if we were inclined to give that much up.

A move up for Thomas represents the absolute most that we would do. And if the first 3 are gone by Pick 8, like I expect, and Thomas is the next WR to come off the board - even that seems unlikely to me. Save for an unexpected fall and/or someone like Franklin hopping him. WR5 is where we're realistically looking.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m just not a fan of moving up. Troy Franklin is my guy too but if I have to move up to get him, there are too many other good wide receivers that can be taken at 28.

Franklin, Thomas Leggette these guys are all gonna be studs in the NFL

The more I look at things, the more I seem to think it's very unlikely either Thomas or Franklin are sitting there at 28. It's going to require a move up for either of them. If one is on the board come pick 21 or 22, I almost expect he will strike to secure one.

I don't see it as likely he just stands pat and hopes his guy falls to him. Even if he does fall in love with someone like Mitchell or Legette from that next tier, I don't see him letting someone like KC possibly hop ahead of him and steal them. Unless he loves them both and is willing to take one or the other and neither goes before 27.

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m just not a fan of moving up. Troy Franklin is my guy too but if I have to move up to get him, there are too many other good wide receivers that can be taken at 28.

Franklin, Thomas Leggette these guys are all gonna be studs in the NFL

I would even think about moving down if Thomas and Franklin are gone …Im not as sold on Leggette at 28….think he might end up going around 40…

I am becoming more intrigued with McConkey … he obviously isn’t as flash as a couple of others … but I think he can come in here and is a Day 1 contributor…. I love his separation and hands …obviously something we lacked last year …could see him getting Josh’s trust very quickly …

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I would even think about moving down if Thomas and Franklin are gone …Im not as sold on Leggette at 28….think he might and up going around 40…

.i am becoming more intrigued with McConkey … he obviously isn’t as flash as a couple of others … but I think he can come in here and be a Day 1 contributor…. I love his separation and hands …obviously something we lacked last year …could see him getting Josh’s trust quickly …

McConkey to me doesn't have the adequate size or speed. He screams Slot at the next level, even though he was used less there last season than the season before. He's really small at 5'11" and is more quick than fast, timing out at about 4.6.

We'll be looking at guys with height, mass, speed, and is without a doubt a true Outside WR. McConkey doesn't come remotely close to checking enough of those boxes.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

McConkey to me doesn't have the adequate size or speed. He screams Slot at the next level, even though he was used less there last season than the season before. He's really small at 5'11" and is more quick than fast. We'll be looking at guys with height, mass, speed, and is without a doubt a true Outside WR. McConkey doesn't check enough of those boxes.

He looks quick enough to me … but agree size is a concern…

He isn’t on the table at 28….But if the big 5 are gone then who you picking ? I know you want to move up,,, I think this is one year Beane doesn’t do it..

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He looks quick enough to me … but agree size is a concern…

He isn’t on the table at 28….But if the big 5 are gone then who you picking ? I know you want to move up,,, I think this is one year Beane doesn’t do it..

McConkey reportedly runs a 4.59 40. He may appear to play faster, but that's too slow to be a consideration. Especially with a 5'11" stature.

It isn't so much a "want" to trade up, as it is a necessity if he wanted Thomas or Franklin. This was an interesting watch:

In it, Joe Buscaglia said "if Brandon Beane is breathing, he's thinking about trading up" 😂 

Also, to your point of Beane deciding to stay pat as opposed to other years, Sal brought up a counter point. One in which his trade up in both 2022 and 2023 were a result of him missing out on who he really wanted at CB and WR. He predicts this year, rather than staying pat and making a small move, he'll make a bigger move up the board (more like 5-10 picks instead of 2-3) to ensure he gets who he truly wants this time.

Right now, the list of people I think he would consider taking would be:

Brian Thomas Jr - LSU

Troy Franklin - Oregon

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

Keon Coleman - Florida State

Xavier Legette - South Carolina

Though I haven't yet fully dug into everyone - I have eliminated Xavier Worthy and Ladd McConkey as fits, IMO.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

It isn't so much a want, as a necessity if he wanted Thomas or Franklin. This was an interesting watch:

In it, Joe Buscaglia said "if Brandon Beane is breathing, he's thinking about trading up" 😂 

Also, to your point of Beane deciding to stay pat as opposed to other years, Sal brought up a counter point. One in which his trade up in both 2022 and 2023 were a result of him missing out on who he really wanted at CB and WR. He predicts this year, rather than staying pat and making a small move, he'll make a bigger move up the board (more like 5-10 picks instead of 2-3) to ensure he gets who he truly wants this time.

Right now, the list of people I think he would consider taking would be:

Brian Thomas Jr - LSU

Troy Franklin - Oregon

Adonai Mitchell - Texas

Keon Coleman - Florida State

Xavier Legette - South Carolina

Though I haven't yet fully dug into everyone - I have eliminated Xavier Worthy and Ladd McConkey as fits, IMO.

Interesting .,,

The bottom  of the third round pick probably gets them up 4-5 spots … so if he is giving up more than that …, it’s very brave in my view when there are a lot he needs to get done in this draft and the next 

27 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

McConkey to me doesn't have the adequate size or speed. He screams Slot at the next level, even though he was used less there last season than the season before. He's really small at 5'11" and is more quick than fast, timing out at about 4.6.

We'll be looking at guys with height, mass, speed, and is without a doubt a true Outside WR. McConkey doesn't come remotely close to checking enough of those boxes.

My guess is McConkey is closer to 4.40 than 4.60. I think he’ll be a good NFL player but not someone for us to take in the first round IMO. 

To me, I’m trading down or taking a different position if one of Thomas, Franklin, and Coleman are not there. 

I do tend to think one or two of them will make it to 28 though. 

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

My guess is McConkey is closer to 4.40 than 4.60. I think he’ll be a good NFL player but not someone for us to take in the first round IMO. 

To me, I’m trading down or taking a different position if one of Thomas, Franklin, and Coleman are not there. 

I do tend to think one or two of them will make it to 28 though. 

Are you ruling Mitchell out of consideration at #28 because of lack of speed? I still think he is going to be good.

And personally, I would take McConkey in the second, and it wouldn't shock me if someone takes him late first. (I am biased, because I am an UGA fan, but I think McConkey plays beyond his measurables. I also think he is more capable of playing on the outside than many are crediting.)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Are you ruling Mitchell out of consideration at #28 because of lack of speed? I still think he is going to be good.

And personally, I would take McConkey in the second, and it wouldn't shock me if someone takes him late first. (I am biased, because I am an UGA fan, but I think McConkey plays beyond his measurables. I also think he is more capable of playing on the outside than many are crediting.)

I just don’t view Mitchell as a first rounder. To me he’s a consideration if he makes it to our 2nd round pick or maybe a slight trade up from there. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’ll keep saying it A Mitchell is not getting enough talk around here. 

One of the best route runners in the class, great separation and gets up to speed in his cuts really quickly.

Definately curious in his 40 and his height

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DJB said:

I’ll keep saying it A Mitchell is not getting enough talk around here. 

One of the best route runners in the class, great separation and gets up to speed in his cuts really quickly.

Definately curious in his 40 and his height

Yes, that is my sense of it, but most of the folks whose opinion I trust appear to disagree with me.

36 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

He won’t make it past 45  … so he will be long gone by our second 👎