2024 WR Draft Class

13 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Disagree this is a very deep WR class. 2 WRs at the very least, screw FA WRs. Shakir is the only guy guaranteed to be a contributor at WR after next year on our team right now. Shorter isn’t an NFL WR (hope I’m wrong) and in this draft (and honestly even last year he shouldn’t have been) and wouldn’t be drafted before the 7th. I love Diggs but who knows what his future will be. It’s time to get younger and throw a lot at one of the deepest positions in the class. No reason to just plug holes in a class that doesn’t have great depth or talent at DL or S. Those positions just patch those holes with FA options for now and readdress later if need be. With great talent or average talent the D will still be what it is under McD in the playoffs. We win a Super Bowl because of Josh and this is the time to get Josh all the help he needs (maybe a couple years too late) and the perfect class to do it in

I do believe we'll draft 2 WR's. But I don't see us Drafting 3. Unless one of them is a throwaway pick in Round 7, expected to go to the Practice Squad or outwardly cut.

There's no way that we go into next season with 2/3's of our WR core having never played a Regular season down of NFL football. Which is exactly where we'd be with Diggs, Shakir, Shorter (who is essentially a Rookie himself), and 3 Draft Picks. Like it or not, there's going to be a mid tier FA veteran WR brought in.

4 players without experience is too much of a gamble. It could hit or completely blow up in our face. They're going to want someone who is a known commodity, in the event that the Rookies don't develop quick enough, to go alongside Diggs and Shakir.

I also don't think it's fair to say Shorter isn't an NFL WR before he's even played a down in the regular season. You just never know. People didn't think Bernard could play MLB on the NFL either, let alone go on to become a solid starter.

Regardless of how you feel, Shorter was drafted in the 5th - not the 6th or 7th. He's going to get at least a season. If he's healthy, he's going to be one of the 6 WR's on the roster this year. 

42 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Agree with the bolded. 

I do think the Elam pick was a bit of a panic selection. That draft saw two top picks at CB (Stingley/Gardner) and the Chiefs jumped us for McDuffie. They certainly could have went elsewhere with that pick, but we were constantly mocked and projected a CB. 

Kincaid was similar IMO in that a string of pass catchers went 4 WRs right in a row almost exactly before our pick. You can argue he was the next best, or is the best TE, or not even a tight end or whatever you want. Fact of the matter is he plays (or at least has) limited snaps in terms of what you’d hope to see from an investment of that caliber. 

The player they’re replacing in Davis was a 90+ % snaps guy. Is the new WR going to take a bulk of those? Will they be absorbed elsewhere? I hate to see a reach on a WR because we feel a void from Davis, especially if there are other options available who can contribute at a higher level, more regularly, even if on the defensive side of the ball. 

Do we want the 6th best WR in round one playing 90% of offensive snaps? Or do you take a lesser talent in RD 2 who earns 60% of snaps and that other 30% is going to existing guys like Shakir and Kincaid? If it’s the latter, taking a guy in RD1 who can play 100% of defensive snaps (safety) or become a key piece in your regular DL rotation might be the way they go. 

I don't agree on Elam. McDuffie's short arms and stature didn't fit what they were looking for. He's a Nickel CB. He's developed into a great one at that in Kansas City. But that's not what we needed. They fell in love with Elam and his notebook interview at the Combine. He was always the guy they wanted. If there was a panic, it was that they were afraid he wouldn't reach them and moved up to get him.

I think given what Beane said in his post season interview, WR is priority one. If the value is there, that's where they're going. However, if it's like last season, where the last FOUR 1st Round graded WR's go back to back to back to back all within a handful of picks of us, and a stud player at another position of need is there - I don't think he'll trade down for a WR.

But one things for sure, in that situation, he'll either be trading up to the top to mid of Round 2 for WR or at the very least staying put and selecting a guy with our pick in Round 2. He'd look downright inept if he didn't walk out of the first 2 Rounds with a WR after he talked up the importance of getting Josh and Diggs help.

.... now that I think about last year, I'm mad all over again. Thankfully we got Kincaid and he's great. But I still can't believe it. I was sitting there thinking "wow, this is incredible. We're at Pick 20 and JSN, Flowers, Johnston, and Addison are all still on the board". Then boom, boom, boom, boom - all in a row. Just unbelievable.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, mrags said:

So what I would say is this, the position is definitely a need. So is WR. If Thomas, Franklin are gone by 28 then trade back some spots with someone, pick up an extra 3rd rounder or maybe more. Then take Sweat around the 40s. Leaving your 2nd round pick and the extra 3rd round pick for the best available WRs at that point. Might have a shot at 2 guys like McConkey, Mitchell, Legette, Worthy, Polk, Walker

Would definitely be up for that 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

How you going to roll your eyes at my comment and then basically say the same thing 😂 

You said Shakir is the only guaranteed contributor on the team next year and that's blatantly false. Diggs is guaranteed to be on the team as a contributor next year, and even if he's on the otherbside of the hill, he's still better than Shakir, who I love.

People need to just stop watching Diggs interviews and reading his tweets. He's the ultimate Troll in the offseason and you all fall for it.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Disagree this is a very deep WR class. 2 WRs at the very least, screw FA WRs. Shakir is the only guy guaranteed to be a contributor at WR after next year on our team right now. Shorter isn’t an NFL WR (hope I’m wrong) and in this draft (and honestly even last year he shouldn’t have been) and wouldn’t be drafted before the 7th. I love Diggs but who knows what his future will be. It’s time to get younger and throw a lot at one of the deepest positions in the class. No reason to just plug holes in a class that doesn’t have great depth or talent at DL or S. Those positions just patch those holes with FA options for now and readdress later if need be. With great talent or average talent the D will still be what it is under McD in the playoffs. We win a Super Bowl because of Josh and this is the time to get Josh all the help he needs (maybe a couple years too late) and the perfect class to do it 

I can basically guarantee u that Diggs will be back. He just started a 4yr extension nobody has ever signed an extension and was cut or traded before it even starts. To much cap ramifications especially for a team that already has cap problems. Draft 2 Wrs this yr and next yr u still have the flexibility to add another Wr in the draft . If u draft 3 this yr u can forget that possiblity. 

Adding 2 Wrs in the draft would give us 4 wrs that can play . I rather give the 2 rookies more snaps then have to share it with 3. It's already hard enough for rookie Wrs to develop the more snaps they get the better.

There's also free agency hopefully we can add Devin Duvernay from Ravens to be our Wr #5 & KR/PR guy. I believe Duvernay can play a Deebo type role for us he has the skill set to get him involved on Jet Sweeps, Wr Screens , Slants & RB plays. The Ravens would use Duvernay in that role and he flourished but this last yr with the new coordinator they didn't use him much in that capacity.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You said Shakir is the only guaranteed contributor on the team next year and that's blatantly false. Diggs is guaranteed to be on the team as a contributor next year, and even if he's on the otherbside of the hill, he's still better than Shakir, who I love.

People need to just stop watching Diggs interviews and reading his tweets. He's the ultimate Troll in the offseason and you all fall for it.

I said “after” next season. Meaning he will be here next year with Shakir to show the ropes to the incoming rookies and still be the de facto “#1” guy this coming season. I believe mostly because of his contract, and hopefully because we hit on a couple great rookie WRs, that next year will be his last in Buffalo. It’s not a bash on Diggs, it’s just a smart way to do business. We shouldn’t be held to the fire every year to solely depend on one WR being our main contributor on offense. I love what GB has done and believe we should do the same and this is the perfect draft class to do it in

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I can basically guarantee u that Diggs will be back. He just started a 4yr extension nobody has ever signed an extension and was cut or traded before it even starts. To much cap ramifications especially for a team that already has cap problems. Draft 2 Wrs this yr and next yr u still have the flexibility to add another Wr in the draft . If u draft 3 this yr u can forget that possiblity. 

Adding 2 Wrs in the draft would give us 4 wrs that can play . I rather give the 2 rookies more snaps then have to share it with 3. It's already hard enough for rookie Wrs to develop the more snaps they get the better.

There's also free agency hopefully we can add Devin Duvernay from Ravens to be our Wr #5 & KR/PR guy. I believe Duvernay can play a Deebo type role for us he has the skill set to get him involved on Jet Sweeps, Wr Screens , Slants & RB plays. The Ravens would use Duvernay in that role and he flourished but this last yr with the new coordinator they didn't use him much in that capacity.  

I’m on board with this thinking and I like dunervay a lot, if he’s not expensive but I’m not hamstringing us to say ONLY 2 WRs in this draft. It’s a loaded class so if we get 3 or 4 then they must be pretty awesome and displace guys that shouldn’t be on the team, regardless of their previous draft status like Shorter. Get the best players at the cheapest cost to help Josh out, that’s it

Edited by NeverOutNick

15 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I really like Mitchell as well but you can see that he takes plays off and I think that’s what scares people. He’s got crazy upside though kind of like George Pickens so as long as he shows NFL teams, he’s gonna try hard every play I think he’s capable of being a stud in this league.

worthy is the opposite of Mitchell to where he is all effort with crazy speed, but he’s just a little dude that can’t take a hit so although I think he’s great with ball in his hands and can take the top off of the defense, I don’t think he’s a number one wide receiver

I’m getting closer to having my WR rankings but like I’ve said before this is an unbelievably deep and awesome WR draft so we better take a couple. 

a few side notes:

- I don’t give a rip how bad Tez Walker was at the senior bowl. The dude is a beast and once he’s refined a bit, he’s a true #1 WR. I’d love if he fell to the 2nd round and we snagged him. 

- we’re not getting the top 3 guys (Harrison, Nabers and Odunze) they’ll be taken top 10 and Beane won’t trade that much capital away even if all 3 are worth it

- Franklin is my favorite guy for where we pick in the first round, he’s got the speed, separation early and hands that we want and he can win in the contested catch the department because he’s great at high pointing and timing his catches. But I just wish he was built more like Thomas and Nabers instead of a taller Diggs. I keep telling myself production matters more than how they actually look

- I think Coleman and Leggette are fine big WR 2s but I don’t like them for the bills (at least not with an early pick). Neither is great at separating and that to me shows they’re not great route runners. They fit the Higgins role and not what I’d want in my first rd WR

I think we have to recognize that these taller, stronger WRs are unlikely to be able to physically be devastating route runners.  It is a lot harder for the taller guys with longer legs to gear down, stop/start, cut quickly and sharply than it is for a 5’9”-6’ guy that weighs 170-200lbs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

I said “after” next season. Meaning he will be here next year with Shakir to show the ropes to the incoming rookies and still be the de facto “#1” guy this coming season. I believe mostly because of his contract, and hopefully because we hit on a couple great rookie WRs, that next year will be his last in Buffalo. It’s not a bash on Diggs, it’s just a smart way to do business. We shouldn’t be held to the fire every year to solely depend on one WR being our main contributor on offense. I love what GB has done and believe we should do the same and this is the perfect draft class to do it in

I’m on board with this thinking and I like dunervay a lot, if he’s not expensive but I’m not hamstringing us to say ONLY 2 WRs in this draft. It’s a loaded class so if we get 3 or 4 then they must be pretty awesome and displace guys that shouldn’t be on the team, regardless of their previous draft status like Shorter. Get the best players at the cheapest cost to help Josh out, that’s it

I can see Duvernay signing a 3yr 12mil deal i think that's fair for a top flight KR)PR with a small role on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I think we have to recognize that these taller, stronger WRs are unlikely to be able to physically be devastating route runners.  It is a lot harder for the taller guys with longer legs to gear down, stop/start, cut quickly and sharply than it is for a 5’9”-6’ guy that weighs 170-200lbs.

I get the argument but there are plenty of WRs in the NFL and even in this draft who are tall, good route runners and get constant separation like Cooper Kupp and Ceedee lamb and I think AD Mitchell does a great job of getting separation with his size. The other guys I mentioned in the draft are more robotic in their transitions and you may be right it’s because they are so tall and not as fluid because of that 

8 hours ago, mrags said:

This makes a ton of sense unless you have a WR there that may be the 6th one taken but has all the potential of becoming a true #1 in the future. Just because they might not be ready this season to take the reins as a full time #2, doesn’t mean they couldn’t become a true 1 within the next 2-3 years. IMO that’s what they need to do in this draft, find a guy that can take over as the #1 eventually, pushing Diggs or even a later round WR to #2 in the future. I think guys like Thomas and Franklin are close enough to being ready right away. Guys like Mitchell, Walker, Rice could be that with time. 

I don’t think Thomas has the makings of a wr1.  I love what he brings to the table, but an advanced route tree doesn’t seem to be one of them.  I also don’t think there’s much of a chance he drops to us.  

I think Franklin is the obvious pick for us now….but I don’t think he’ll be there unless we trade up.  

I also think Polk could be that guy.  The kid has incredible hands and a very good all around WR that can do a bit of everything. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think Thomas has the makings of a wr1.  I love what he brings to the table, but an advanced route tree doesn’t seem to be one of them.  I also don’t think there’s much of a chance he drops to us.  

I think Franklin is the obvious pick for us now….but I don’t think he’ll be there unless we trade up.  

I also think Polk could be that guy.  The kid has incredible hands and a very good all around WR that can do a bit of everything. 

Thomas was the perfect guy for us two years ago to pair with still prime Stefon Diggs. I don't think he is perfect for where we are now, though I'd still take it pretty happily if he is who we end up with!

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I totally agree on Franklin and I see your points on Thomas but I do think there is room to grow with him because he’s such a rare talent (unlike Hyatt who was slim and just a one trick pony last year). Polk is the guy I don’t think will be a #1. He’s an awesome #2 even on Washington’s squad but he’s not great at separating because he’s an average athlete. He’s got great hands which I love and can make the contested catch but he’s not the elite 1 we need even though I’d take him as a 2 all day

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I totally agree on Franklin and I see your points on Thomas but I do think there is room to grow with him because he’s such a rare talent (unlike Hyatt who was slim and just a one trick pony last year). Polk is the guy I don’t think will be a #1. He’s an awesome #2 even on Washington’s squad but he’s not great at separating because he’s an average athlete. He’s got great hands which I love and can make the contested catch but he’s not the elite 1 we need even though I’d take him as a 2 all day

Nah, I don’t think he’s an averge athlete at all.  I think he has average speed.  His core is incredibly strong.  His hips are as oily as a great corner.  He can make adjustments to pass and routes that many other WRs can’t make…..and he catches just about everything.  His hands are incredible 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Nah, I don’t think he’s an averge athlete at all.  I think he has average speed.  His core is incredibly strong.  His hips are as oily as a great corner.  He can make adjustments to pass and routes that many other WRs can’t make…..and he catches just about everything.  His hands are incredible 

You’ve usually got a good eye so I’ll watch him some more. He’s definitely dependable with his hands being the biggest asset but when watching the Huskies, he was clearly the robin to Odunze’s Batman and that doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies on his future of being a #1WR. But I’d take him all day in round 2

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I believe Franklin will be better then Thomas as well especially for the Bills. Franklin runs much better routes and he's only 20 yrs old which means to me that he works harder at his game or he's just more coachable either way that's a great sign because he'll get better at the next level. He also has a great feel from I what I seen on tape for finding soft spots in zone coverage he gives me Justin Jefferson feel to his game. Add to it that he's very fast and also uses different speeds while running routes I just feel like he's more nuanced in his game and when I found out he's only 20 yrs old that made me feel that much better about him. I also feel like he can add 10-12 lbs to his 178lb frame within 2 yrs and that will help him with his yac and getting off jams vs physical Wrs . He's gonna need that added weight and strength because one of his weaknesses is getting re-routed by physical corners but once he develops more he will be a top notch Wr in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I also believe Thomas will be gone before we pick. I do believe he has it to be a #1 however. Someone will get a really good player there imo. 

I think Franklin is very good. Would like him there at 28. I think there’s a good chance he’ll be there. Will depend on how FA and then the draft falls for teams in need of a WR. if we’re lucky enough to grab him it’ll be fantastic. 

I also like Polk. Very good looking tape. Could be that guy for sure. And I don’t think there’s a reason he wouldn’t be there. Might even be able to trade down a few spots for extra picks and take him. Not sure it’ll be worth it to chance it but will have to see how the board plays out in draft day. 

I think with Franklin being there at 28 it’ll depend on how some guys perform at the combine and who might come out of nowhere to jump in front of him. By all accounts, at the senior bowl Legette and his stock took a dump. But if he lights it up at the combine there’s a chance he climbs back up. He’s one guy I want to stay away from imo. At least in the first round. Probably the 2nd for me also. But it’ll depend on what we do before that and who’s left at that point. 

after Polk I like Mitchell a lot. Walker a lot. Worthy too but we’d still need a physically demanding receiver along with him. He’s just too slim to be a #1 imo. Dream scenario is if something like Franklin in the 1st, somehow someone like Sweat makes it to the 2nd. Then trade up into the early-mid 3rd for Worthy and be set at those positions for a while. 

11 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I believe Franklin will be better then Thomas as well especially for the Bills. Franklin runs much better routes and he's only 20 yrs old which means to me that he works harder at his game or he's just more coachable either way that's a great sign because he'll get better at the next level. He also has a great feel from I what I seen on tape for finding soft spots in zone coverage he gives me Justin Jefferson feel to his game. Add to it that he's very fast and also uses different speeds while running routes I just feel like he's more nuanced in his game and when I found out he's only 20 yrs old that made me feel that much better about him. I also feel like he can add 10-12 lbs to his 178lb frame within 2 yrs and that will help him with his yac and getting off jams vs physical Wrs . He's gonna need that added weight and strength because one of his weaknesses is getting re-routed by physical corners but once he develops more he will be a top notch Wr in the NFL. 

I thought the same thing originally for Franklin regarding his weight. I’ve seen him listed as light as 170 on some sites, to 187 on others. The thought of that is concerning. Looking at him on tape he doesn’t look 170 to me. But not sure he looks closer to 190 either. Regardless, I think he’s going to be very good and would be happy with him at 28. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Polk is still pretty young so maybe he could get better but I think he is going to struggle for a bit in the NFL.  He had his fair share of bad drops (OSU game was really bad). He also struggled with physicality - outmuscled for a contested catch interception, dropping passes when hit, and limited tackle breaking. Hopefully he goes to a team that is at the beginning of their rebuild with a young QB and can take a few years to grow without the expectation of immediate contributions. He does have some good traits to build on.

27 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

You’ve usually got a good eye so I’ll watch him some more. He’s definitely dependable with his hands being the biggest asset but when watching the Huskies, he was clearly the robin to Odunze’s Batman and that doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies on his future of being a #1WR. But I’d take him all day in round 2

I hear ya.  I’m not saying he’s definitely going to be a WR1- but I think he could be.  Lots of day 2 picks weren’t seen as possible WR1, until they were.  Many of them ran in the 4.5s and weren’t exceptional athletically.   I think he has just enough of everything mixed with great hands to become great in the right situation.  

38 minutes ago, mrags said:

I also believe Thomas will be gone before we pick. I do believe he has it to be a #1 however. Someone will get a really good player there imo. 

I think Franklin is very good. Would like him there at 28. I think there’s a good chance he’ll be there. Will depend on how FA and then the draft falls for teams in need of a WR. if we’re lucky enough to grab him it’ll be fantastic. 

I also like Polk. Very good looking tape. Could be that guy for sure. And I don’t think there’s a reason he wouldn’t be there. Might even be able to trade down a few spots for extra picks and take him. Not sure it’ll be worth it to chance it but will have to see how the board plays out in draft day. 

I think with Franklin being there at 28 it’ll depend on how some guys perform at the combine and who might come out of nowhere to jump in front of him. By all accounts, at the senior bowl Legette and his stock took a dump. But if he lights it up at the combine there’s a chance he climbs back up. He’s one guy I want to stay away from imo. At least in the first round. Probably the 2nd for me also. But it’ll depend on what we do before that and who’s left at that point. 

after Polk I like Mitchell a lot. Walker a lot. Worthy too but we’d still need a physically demanding receiver along with him. He’s just too slim to be a #1 imo. Dream scenario is if something like Franklin in the 1st, somehow someone like Sweat makes it to the 2nd. Then trade up into the early-mid 3rd for Worthy and be set at those positions for a while. 

I thought the same thing originally for Franklin regarding his weight. I’ve seen him listed as light as 170 on some sites, to 187 on others. The thought of that is concerning. Looking at him on tape he doesn’t look 170 to me. But not sure he looks closer to 190 either. Regardless, I think he’s going to be very good and would be happy with him at 28. 

I just don’t see the route tree in thomas. He has the athletic ability to develop it though.  Just haven’t seen him show it to us

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, mrags said:
1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I got Franklin, Leggette, Mitchell as the guys I would love to see us get. I don't care that Leggette had 1 bad day and 1 good day at the senior bowl. Players like Deebo, AJ Brown and DK Metcalf weren't finished products by any means coming out and that's why they went in the 2nd Rd of the draft but look all 3 are basically super stars in the NFL. I believe if the Bills see that type of player in Leggette in have no problem with them drafting him in the late first Rd.

Btw have u ever looked at Kris Jenkins Jr at DT? Man he's a beast I would love to add him at #60. His father was an absolute stud in the NFL I can see Jr having even a better career then him.

27 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I got Franklin, Leggette, Mitchell as the guys I would love to see us get. I don't care that Leggette had 1 bad day and 1 good day at the senior bowl. Players like Deebo, AJ Brown and DK Metcalf weren't finished products by any means coming out and that's why they went in the 2nd Rd of the draft but look all 3 are basically super stars in the NFL. I believe if the Bills see that type of player in Leggette in have no problem with them drafting him in the late first Rd.

Btw have u ever looked at Kris Jenkins Jr at DT? Man he's a beast I would love to add him at #60. His father was an absolute stud in the NFL I can see Jr having even a better career then him.

I’d be fine with any of the 3 WRs too.  

I love jenkins- I’m just wondering where his fit is on this team.  Can he play 1T or is he Ed’s backup?  I question whether or not he can be a “good” 1T.  Seems more like a 3T or a big 5T minus the pass rush ability. 

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I love jenkins- I’m just wondering where his fit is on this team.  Can he play 1T or is he Ed’s backup?  I question whether or not he can be a “good” 1T.  Seems more like a 3T or a big 5T minus the pass rush ability. 

Yea I am in the same place with Jenkins. Love him. Think he is probably best suited to a 5T in a 3-4 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He fits in the way he can take the "Carolina connection"  to another level,  the heritage level 😄

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I just don’t see the route tree in thomas. He has the athletic ability to develop it though.  Just haven’t seen him show it to us

I’d like to see the bowl game when he played without Nabers. Field Yates said you finally get a glimpse of what he can do beyond vertical routes. But I agree, seems limited to vertical routes right now. I still like him a lot because I think he’s legitimately elite at those routes and will demand safety help and you just kinda hope the rest of his game develops. 

Particularly for a team like ours where we’re trying to win now, it’s important to have at least one thing you can really hang your hat on. Thomas definitely has that. I think guys like Coleman, Franklin, Wilson, McConkey, and Pearsall have that too. Polk, not really, but he’s good enough at a bunch of things that I think he could be helpful. The rest that I’ve watched I think are more developmental pieces than immediate contributors. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

My issue is I just don’t see anything special in Legette. Like I said, I’d take a shot at him if all the other WRs are taken away and we don’t have many options left in the 2nd Rd. Or if he’s somehow still there in the 3rd I’d take him. Other than that I just don’t think I want him. 

just watched tape on Jenkins. Not a terrible watch. He doesn’t seem nearly big and strong enough for me against the run as I think we need tho. We need a monster like Sweat, Jackson, maybe even Smith or Jefferson. Imo if we already take our WR in rd 1 and Sweat is still somehow there in the 40s they should move whatever it takes to get him. Almost every mock I’ve done he always goes by 50-52 if not sooner. I’d say one out of 20 he makes it to is in the 2nd rd. If you can’t get Sweat I think you wait until the 3rd rd or after to get the guy. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Exactly where I’m at. Watching him he seems more of a 3T. Better with a pass rush than holding his ground against the run. Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

I looked at the WR stat this past season and 13 receivers finished in the top 25 in Catches, Yards, and 20+ plays.  Of the 13, 7 were drafted in the 1st rd and 6 were drafted in round 2-5.  3 of the top 4, Hill, St. Brown, and Nacua were drafted in the 4th or 5th round.  Of the 7 1st rd players, Lamb, DJ Moore, Aiyuk, Evans, Chase, Olave, and DeVonta Smith, 3 were top 10 picks, 2 from picks 11-20, and 2 in the last 3rd. 

There is also no size requirement, except being at least 6 feet tall.  Hill and Moore were the only players under 6 feet.  Of the remaining 11, 5 were 6-2 or taller.  Evans was the tallest and heaviest at 6'5 231.  DeVonta Smith was the lightest at 170, followed by Olave at 187 and Hill at 191.  The other 10 were 200 lbs or greater.

The point of this analysis is that the Bills will probably get an impact WR in the first, but there is also a really good chance that the WR drafted later in the draft could emerge as the better player of the two.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Has anyone done any deep look into Johnny Wilson, Jermaine Burton, Javon Baker, or Tahj Washington yet? 

@DCOrange. @NewEra

Im definitely interested in Baker but there’s unfortunately no All 22 film of him in the database I’m using. Just haven’t gotten to the other 3 but just off of reading and watching some regular highlights, I don’t think I’ll be a fan of Wilson but we’ll see. I didn’t expect to like Coleman as much as I did or dislike Worthy and Tez. 

2 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Im definitely interested in Baker but there’s unfortunately no All 22 film of him in the database I’m using. Just haven’t gotten to the other 3 but just off of reading and watching some regular highlights, I don’t think I’ll be a fan of Wilson but we’ll see. I didn’t expect to like Coleman as much as I did or dislike Worthy and Tez. 

Care to share your platform?

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Has anyone done any deep look into Johnny Wilson, Jermaine Burton, Javon Baker, or Tahj Washington yet? 

@DCOrange. @NewEra

Other than what I’ve seen during the college football season, I haven’t seen much of Wilson, Burton or Washington.  

I have watched some Javon Baker.  He reminds me of a slightly lesser version of Ja’Lynn Polk.  Tenacious competitor.  Good at just about everything but lacks that high end speed everyone is clamoring for. 

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

That's a good question he is good vs the run but can he anchor against double teams with consistency? He has the size and power also has the lateral movement skills. I believe he can play some 1T but not on every down especially to start his career he would have to be a rotation player but by year 2 if he adds 20lbs to his frame he can be a dominant 1T. 

I believe he can play at least 50% of snaps to start his career. He can definitely line up at the 3 on passing downs and also back up Oliver the 35% of the downs he's not on the field. We seen the Bills use Tim Settle as a 1T as a rotation player although most here felt he was better suited for the 3T. I believe Kris Jenkins is already a much better player then Settle ever was . 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

That's a good question he is good vs the run but can he anchor against double teams with consistency? He has the size and power also has the lateral movement skills. I believe he can play some 1T but not on every down especially to start his career he would have to be a rotation player but by year 2 if he adds 20lbs to his frame he can be a dominant 1T. 

I believe he can play at least 50% of snaps to start his career. He can definitely line up at the 3 on passing downs and also back up Oliver the 35% of the downs he's not on the field. We seen the Bills use Tim Settle as a 1T as a rotation player although most here felt he was better suited for the 3T. I believe Kris Jenkins is already a much better player then Settle ever was . 

I thought Settle was better suited for 1T to be honest and that is mainly where the Bills have used him. Agree Jenkins is already a much better player. I just think in terms of his ability to play early he is much better suited as an end in a 3 man front. 

5 hours ago, DCOrange said:

And WELL worth the money!

• Like (+1) 2

Watched some of Jerry’s son. He’s not my favorite prospect but what I do love is that he played with Caleb Williams, who likes to go rogue and play off script. Rice is great at finding those windows for his QB when he’s under duress. Probably got some good coaching from his dad

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I think the issue is expecting the man to put on another 20lb. Who knows if he even can manage himself at that weight. 

also, the thought of him playing in a limited role is worrisome considering we would be spending a 2nd or 3rd rd pick on him. Would much rather get someone who’s just massive and better against the run to start. At least we know they could hold down a position of need. Instead of finding a backup to a player we already have and would rather not take off the field if we can manage that. But that is one of McDs weaknesses, he has this infatuation with a steady rotation on the DL instead of just sticking with his best players or hot players. It’s a problem for him imo. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

I think the issue is expecting the man to put on another 20lb. Who knows if he even can manage himself at that weight. 

also, the thought of him playing in a limited role is worrisome considering we would be spending a 2nd or 3rd rd pick on him. Would much rather get someone who’s just massive and better against the run to start. At least we know they could hold down a position of need. Instead of finding a backup to a player we already have and would rather not take off the field if we can manage that. But that is one of McDs weaknesses, he has this infatuation with a steady rotation on the DL instead of just sticking with his best players or hot players. It’s a problem for him imo. 

I posted the numbers elsewhere we really don't rotate that much more than other good teams and less than some in fact. It is just the way of the NFL now that teams rotate their DLs more than ever and try and rush in waves.

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I posted the numbers elsewhere we really don't rotate that much more than other good teams and less than some in fact. It is just the way of the NFL now that teams rotate their DLs more than ever and try and rush in waves.

My guess is outliers like Crosby and Watt and Bosa skew fan perceptions/expectations of DE snap counts for everyone else. And for DTs maybe it's just memories of some bygone era when Henderson and Stroud allegedly never came off the field for Jacksonville? 

For those wishing Franklin was more solidly built....

Franklin entered college 6'2" 170 lbs,

he's now 6'3" 190 and he hasn't even turned 21 yet( just checked and he just turned 21 3 days ago)

I could easily see him putting on another 10 lbs of muscle or more without slowing down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Mcd has shown us in these 7 yrs that's he's not gonna change much. He loves his Dline rotation and he loves having old vets on the team especially at running back he loves having a old man in the bk field from Tolbert to Gore to Murray. I'm not a big fan of his rotations myself most teams have a top 4 that plays most of the game . 

When it comes to Jenkins Jr he can add some weight maybe not 20 lbs but 10 for sure that would put him at 315lbs and it's not just the weight that matters it's adding strength. He's got power already just needs some work with technique and anchoring. I think the kid can become a flat out beast a pro bowl type player.