Bears speaking to Eric Washington for DC Job

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Chance to reunite with Edmunds....how can you say no.

This plus Babich's interest from the Giants... McDermott better decide what he's doing and quickly.

I was just thinking this.

I would tend to believe there would be a "positive" to an offer to stay here as DC - don't relocate the kids, don't start over with new people - but McDermott better choose quickly

33 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Do we get anything for losing a position coach to a promotion to Defensive Coordinator?

I looked it up, and I don't think we do.
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/nfl-compensatory-picks-for-minority-coaches-and-executives-explained

Edited by Beck Water
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I wouldn't take that job if I were him. Eberflus called the plays for the majority of this season and whoever takes that job will be second-guessed all season.

From what's come out, I'm not sure I'd want to be a defensive coach for Brian Daboll either.

But the reality is there are only 32 of these jobs in the world, so guys seem to talk themselves into accepting opportunities that are not ideal (Pettine with the Cleveland Browns etc)

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

From what's come out, I'm not sure I'd want to be a defensive coach for Brian Daboll either.

But the reality is there are only 32 of these jobs in the world, so guys seem to talk themselves into accepting opportunities that are not ideal (Pettine with the Cleveland Browns etc)

Someone will take that Carolina job. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's time for a change at DL coach either way.

Not saying Washington isn't sound..........but they have a veteran DL group that has underwhelmed too often.

And not talking about the Chiefs or Bengals games.........nobody sacked either Mahomes or Allen in this most recent game.........the very best in their primes aren't going to get sacked much.

Just too many games where the uber-invested and rotation-fresh DL underwhelmed against sack magnet QB's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, noacls said:

Good riddance! Please go!

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With the lack of production from the DLine I think there would be several people driving him to the airport 

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's time for a change at DL coach either way.

Not saying Washington isn't sound..........but they have a veteran DL group that has underwhelmed too often.

And not talking about the Chiefs or Bengals games.........nobody sacked either Mahomes or Allen in this most recent game.........the very best in their primes aren't going to get sacked much.

Just too many games where the uber-invested and rotation-fresh DL underwhelmed against sack magnet QB's.

Yes to all the above!  I called for his exit in the coaching changes thread, and however he exits is addition by subtraction imho  Now let's get Smiley out of here🤣

• Like (+1) 2

Washington has been failing up the entire time he's been here with the Bills as far as I'm concerned. 

I know he's well respected in the league but is this the production you expect from your D-Line with so much investment in it?

21 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Chance to reunite with Edmunds....how can you say no.

This plus Babich's interest from the Giants... McDermott better decide what he's doing and quickly.

Washington and Babichj are keepers. We mist keep one of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.