Mr. Pegula please read Tyler Dunne’s newest article

Well, to be fair, many of his suppositions are widespread.  

Here's how one ex-Bill starter put it: “There’s so many coaches that you can just name and plug in there and they won’t be worse.”

The Bills have the quarterback capable of reaching the Super Bowl, yet asked Josh Allen to be Ryan Tannehill. Because Allen is still Allen, he can still find a way to be special under these rigid circumstances.

Those are wide spread beliefs.  

And for real, did McD really say this; 

“When you look back to the AFC Championship, our first playoff meeting with Kansas City, it wasn’t close,” McDermott said. “It really wasn’t. We were at a different point. They were at a different point. Now, it is close. That shows you the strides we’ve made over the years. ..."  

It's statements like that that beg the question as to how bright the man really is.  We've actually gotten worse, fewer points scored on offense, more allowed on defense for us since '21.  Both our O and D rank 3 spots worse this season than back then.  

KC's offense OTOH is a shell of what it was in '21, they're scoring nearly a TD/game less.  Kelce was in the tail end of his prime then, and they had the best WR in the league, Tyreek Hill.  

We didn't gain on them other than relatively, any gains made were due to KC's diminishment, not our improvement.  McD's deluded if truly believes his own BS.  There's no way anyone can legitimately spin it any way other than the difference being KC's offense being a shell of what it once was.  

..., which LOL, if true, merely ads more fuel to the time-for-McDivisional-Round-Loss to go.  

Otherwise, given all of that in the article, it explains why we play to the level of our competition.  "Complimentary Football" in McD's mind is just that, about our strategy of staying close.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

Probably because Tyler Dunne has an obvious axe to grind with his petty stories to try and boost his failing website and insignificant life.

Only losers completely try and trash another man's character to try and boost their own.

He can go f**k off for all I care about. If I was friends with him after reading that first article I would never speak to him again.

That showed the type of man he is and the character he has and best be assured when it came time and he had a decision to make where he could get personal gain by trashing any of his friends, he will do the exact same thing to them.

Poor character doesn't exist in a vacuum it defines who a person is and the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior in the same situations.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Do you have proof of this?

He's charging $7 a month. Know how many subscriptions you have to see to make a living?

Dude is obviously trying to write the most controversial things he can and doesn't care what he has to do as long as it gets press coverage and clicks.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

This piece is friggin’ stupid. And I have my issues with McDermott. Dunne is doing the Substack-adjacent version of what Nick Wright does — accentuating all the negatives to rile up a fanbase in order to build his brand. The Bills lost to a better (because healthier) team in KC that also has a better kicker and would have lost to a very healthy Ravens team next week. 

I can only speak for myself and while Dunne may have a personal grudge with McD what he says in that article matches many of my own observations.  I agree that had we beat KC we would likely have lost to the Ravens next week.  But the point Dunne is making is not unreasonable.  The Bills have hit a wall at the Divisional Playoff round.  And Dunne's argument that they hit this wall in large part because of McD & Beans refusal to focus the necessary resources and mindset against surrounding their uniquely gifted QB with the best talent available rings true to me.

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What part of Frazier literally saying he is taking a year off because he needs a break is confusing to you about him now a year later taking interviews for a promotion as a HC?

Frazier said it's either HC or retirement he is done being a DC 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What part of Frazier literally saying he is taking a year off because he needs a break is confusing to you about him now a year later taking interviews for a promotion as a HC?

How many times have you heard someone say he is leaving to spend more time with his family when we know that is not the truth.

Believe what you want. Again, that is your prerogative.

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

How many times have you heard someone say he is leaving to spend more time with his family when we know that is not the truth.

Believe what you want. Again, that is your prerogative.

Better question…how many times have you actually known that’s not the truth vs just making up your reality opposite of all known facts?

34 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He's charging $7 a month. Know how many subscriptions you have to see to make a living?

About 500 (to make a living that is greater than the average American annual income). Judging by his traffic, Id guess he probably has 2x or 3x that many subscribers (that’s why I was curious if you had a reason to think the site was failing).

I do find the whole thing to be pretty weird. He is a well respected journalist and was never known to be a hit piece writer in the past. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

About 500 (to be higher than the average American annual income). Judging by his traffic, Id guess he probably has 2x or 3x that many subscribers (that’s why I was just curious if you had a reason to think the site was failing).

I do find the whole thing to be pretty weird. He is a well respected journalist and was never known to be a hit piece writer in the past. 

Which likely was greatly boosted by that article

The entire active roster collectively flipped this man the bird, he comes back to piss on the ashes of a heartbreaking loss and people are on hear saying well maybe he's got the Bills best interest at heart.....***** really?

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

And for real, did McD really say this; 

“When you look back to the AFC Championship, our first playoff meeting with Kansas City, it wasn’t close,” McDermott said. “It really wasn’t. We were at a different point. They were at a different point. Now, it is close. That shows you the strides we’ve made over the years. ..."  

It's statements like that that beg the question as to how bright the man really is.  We've actually gotten worse, fewer points scored on offense, more allowed on defense for us since '21.  Both our O and D rank 3 spots worse this season than back then.  

He was referencing the 2020 team (our defense finished 16th in ppg and 14th in ypg that year).  Not the 2021 team.  Beane made similar comments.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The entire active roster collectively flipped this man the bird, he comes back to piss on the ashes of a heartbreaking loss and people are on hear saying well maybe he's got the Bills best interest at heart.....***** really?

He wants to be proven right and I guess he thinks the KC loss validates it.

Everyone torching the author but not the substance of the article.   People should be pis$ed about this defense.   Our coach specializes in something he's terrible at in the playoffs.  My biggest worry is that we regret not making a move later.  Like we keep him crap next season away and we're stuck with him because there are no great coach options.

I just don't see a benefit to him staying anymore.   I know this is the popular Homer opinion.   I can't see how it's wrong.  I want to have faith next year will be great.  I think it's gonna just be Josh carrying the team again.   

6 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

this is a ridiculous approach. Apply this to anything in life and tell me how it works out.

Is this a technique to use with your marriage partner? “Hey we’re married but I’m going to go look for other partners, but we’re going to stay married unless I find someone that I think is better than you.” 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I knew the injuries would be the rally cry. What about in 20 and 21 when the D was relatively healthy and McD’s unit still gave up 38 and 42? Or when we couldn’t stop the Bengals last year? 

Healthy or not, McD’s side of the ball ALWAYS lets us down in big games. Literally every single time. 

2 years in a row McD and his fans have used injuries as an excuse. They have no problem blaming Josh either. Whatever it takes.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.