As much as Bass's missed kick hurts, you have to admit this is classic.

Draconator

1 minute ago, flmike said:

It was a losing decision to even put him in that situation. 

When they sent him on the field for the kick, at that moment I knew we were losing, and it had nothing to do with Bass making it or not, although I do remember feeling like he was going to miss it.

• Like (+1) 1

This made me laugh.

I love how the narrative is like the Bills lost because that kick was missed.  Nevermind everything leading up to it, the fact it would only have tied the game and given the ball to Mahomes with enought time and timeouts to get in FG range.  Also, if they could tackle Pacheco knowing they were going to hand it to Pacheco they could have gotten another shot to get back in range.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The only time this game will be replayed is for Kelce's HOF reel

The media has made him and Mahomes the darlings of the NFL. Mahomes literally cries if things do not go his way.  I was truly hoping that the Bills would silence that a bit.  We’ll see what Baltimore has to say.  It won’t be easy for KC.  Either way the winner of that game will be the SB champ imo.

Edited by KeLLy1278
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

Bass had an odd season. Even before he started to miss kicks mid-season, it seemed like McDermott was avoiding using him. 

He was hooking everything. Even the kicks he was making were barely splitting the uprights. Clearly got the yips somewhere along the way.

Edited by Patrick Fitzryan

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I am sure Bass feels badly.  But the truth is missing that kick, is like Bill Buckner letting the ball go between his legs.  It was a routine situation. 

Good lord people act like Buckner made the only error ever in a World Series game. Truly baffling. The other thing about that play is that even if he caught it, Mookie put on the jets and it seems like he would have beat the throw.  We’ll never know for sure but to me this was one of the most ridiculous finger points in sports history.. especially if you take into account that game seven was yet to be played. 

Even though I knew we would probably lose when we kicked it back to KC and watched the inevitable Mahomes dink and dunk into winning FG range with the Bills playing 5 yards off and no pass rush, I literally had no doubt that Bass would make that kick. Even for all his inconsistency this year. So you might say that I got double surprised Charlie Browned at the ending of this game! But break my heart once shame on you Bills and well break my heart 15 times, I guess thats shame on me!

Charlie Brown Football GIF

34 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I wonder how many Bills fans were praying for that kick to be made, hoping our luck would change, but bracing for the potential heart ache.  I know I was.

My heart sunk the minute they sent the kicker out.  It was over at that point in my mind

2 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

I wonder how many Bills fans were praying for that kick to be made, hoping our luck would change, but bracing for the potential heart ache.  I know I was.

I barely reacted when we missed it. Almost like it felt like the outcome was the same either way. We weren’t stopping Mahomes needing a field goal. No way. McD was lucky his defense didn’t give up another game winning drive because that’s exactly what would have happened.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.