Anyone else more low-key about this loss than you thought you'd be?

Success

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

The Damar Hamlin fake punt killed whatever goodwill I had. Our defensive-minded Head Coach, who is the Defensive Coordinator, put the ball in the hands of a backup safety in a low percentage fake punt prayer that his defense wouldn’t have to take the field again. 

I'm still trying to figure out who evaluated Martin and decided he was good to go?

• Agree 2

I'm happy the Bills have run the AFCE for 4 straight years. After 20 years of the Pats embarrassing us, I thought the Bills finally made it. But now we can't beat the Chiefs, in the postseason, when it matters the most. It's getting really hard to take. We have one of the best QBs in the league, and are wasting him.

I know it's getting rough when two Bills fans are having an all out throw down in the middle of Abbott Rd with many people trying to break it up. Then to see the drunk passed out in the snowbank at the 4 corners of Armour was sad. 

Been a STH for 34 years, and I have never seen/heard so much crap after a loss. People are actually losing their minds. One guy behind me on the walk back to lot 3 kept yelling, "I'll never see a Superbowl in my lifetime, never a ***** one". Then at the Speedway in Pembroke, people at the gas pumps were screaming, " ***** this team"

It was quite different than what I normally see. I'm not sure what happened to the dude in the snowbank, but the ambulance was on the way. We checked, they said the po-po and medics were coming.

Brutal night. But hey, like we are so accustomed to saying....there's always next year.  🤮

I’m just crushed there’s no other way to put it

Probably our best chance in years of actually winning a Super Bowl though were no dominant teams this year

It was the KC again

We back from a 10% chance of even making the playoffs for two playoff games home field

They had a beautiful offensive game plan in the first half that was actually working

CrushEd

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m just crushed there’s no other way to put it

Probably our best chance in years of actually winning a Super Bowl though were no dominant teams this year

It was the KC again

We back from a 10% chance of even making the playoffs for two playoff games home field

They had a beautiful offensive game plan in the first half that was actually working

CrushEd

Let's be honest, the Ravens would put 50 on this defense. We couldn't stop a bad KC offense and the Ravens are anything but.

• Agree 2

Not even slightly.    As time passes and experience is gained you are supposed to become more aware of the reality of opportunities or lack thereof.    

The age of the team, cap space, and consistency of coming up short does not bode well for this team.   

I, for what it’s worth, am not as angry or bewildered.   I am devastated.   Heartbroken.   This felt special since 6-6.   Bottom line the better team won.    And THAT means  we aren’t anywhere near closer.   

I still have to go to work today whether they won or lost. Still gotta pay my bills.

This sucks. Wasn’t concerned about the competition from both conferences and felt we had a legit shot.  Just needed a few more plays last night.

2 hours ago, benderbender said:

The Damar Hamlin fake punt killed whatever goodwill I had. Our defensive-minded Head Coach, who is the Defensive Coordinator, put the ball in the hands of a backup safety in a low percentage fake punt prayer that his defense wouldn’t have to take the field again. 

In part because his punter was hurt and hadn't shown he could flip the field. I get the reasoning but obviously the execution was bad. 

I don’t know if it’s because I’m older or because I have a kid but I turned this game off after the chiefs’ 28 yard run following the bills’ punt in the first half.  I’m not numb to it, it hurts, but I can’t ride the roller coaster of emotion. 

If this chiefs team makes the superbowl I’m going to strongly consider taking a multi year break from the NFL or at least a huge step back in the time I invest. It’s become fruitless and a net negative experience. 

• Like (+1) 2

It’s hurts worse than any loss since 13 seconds.  I honestly wish the team would move, so I could stop watching football as intensely.  I know I won’t be able to make myself care less, but it’s just not fun overall.  

Regular season wins are fun in the moment, but it’s a fleeting feeling, as you’re just on to the next week.   We are going to hear and see remnants of this game for months and now 0-3 to the Chiefs in the playoffs is a defining characteristic.  Josh deserves better.  

Maybe the only thing I can do is accept things will never change in this org and this is the best it gets.  Destroy the hope 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Brand J said:

The KC offense played uncharacteristically well tonight. I don’t think a single receiver had a drop. MVS pulled in some great passes, especially the one against Taron up the sideline. The most penalized tackle in the league, Juwaan Taylor, didn’t have a single penalty all night. No false starts, holding, illegally downfield, nothing. And Mahomes made the Bills pay almost every time by finding the open player.

That middling offense which was the worst in Mahomes tenure, looked anything but middling. They looked like a well coached machine. Part of that was due to our injuries, the other part was just rising to the occasion and refusing to be stopped all night, aside from the one punt. They had another gear our defense couldn’t match and I’m not sure they would’ve matched it with a healthy Benford and Bernard. 

Don’t kid yourself, it was 100% us having a shell of a defense. Mahomes had one long run and was a game manager hitting wide ope receivers all night. Little to no pressure, all day to wait for someone to come open. 

I’m not crushed because I’m not surprised. If we could have run in the second half like we did in the first, we might have had a chance, but after Spagnola made the adjustments and our defense continued to get gouged it became pretty apparent that the Bills were going to have a hard time winning this one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I texted a relative before the game,  Bass would miss one to win it, not exactly right but close.   You have to prepare for the heartbreak.   Bass was sketchy all year and I could see the doom coming.   Just like Cook drops    The Chiefs are the standard and draft pretty well, I think Beane over relies on signing too many 30 year old free agents.   Need less draft trades up and more development of young guys.   I can handle this loss, knew the D was banged up and were getting too old on that side of the ball.

Edited by billsfan714

Nope. I have PTSD & I didn't sleep well after. I'm Soo freaking discouraged. Every year I say they won't make it & every year they get me thinking there's a chance (frankly that's every game too). I expect they'll loose, but hope they'll win, then they loose & I'm so upset that what I knew was coming happened. It's like I'm in an abusive relationship. I hate this team, but I love the team even though they keep letting me down.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.