Falcons request interview with Joe Brady for HC job

14 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

According to Rich Eisin belly check is going back for a second interview…, so that’s not likely a big issue, 

They are also interviewing Harbaugh again as well. So Brady likely doesn’t get the job. 

These interviews need to wait until the seasons over. No matter what is said, it is a distraction. How could it not be. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

They are also interviewing Harbaugh again as well. So Brady likely doesn’t get the job. 

These interviews need to wait until the seasons over. No matter what is said, it is a distraction. How could it not be. 

Is he bing interviewed possibly for OC?  Or add another title so it’s not a lateral move?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

As if Harbaugh will be taking that job.  🤣 

• Like (+1) 1

If he interviewed in 2021 this would be his second interview so he would have a leg up on the others . Coaching in the NFL is moving toward getting younger faster & more innovative i guess when it comes to game plans & airing it out & a lot of younger coaches in college and NFL assistants are in that mold .

I think the only way BB gets hired is by a team that has been a bottom dweller for a long time & put all their eggs in BB's basket strictly because of his reputation & in hopes he can get them out of the cellar and with doing that not hire a younger more up to the times HC .

But every team will look to the Bills staff if hired because Pegs, Beane, & McD have become (weather the fans think it or not) the top of the food chain in the NFL and other teams want what they got and will take who they can when they can so these types of things are expected each year .

17 hours ago, klos63 said:

Didn't we use that logic with Dorsey too? It's not like our offense has been lighting up it, it's just that Brady loosened the reigns on Allen, which any of us would have done the same. I'm not ragging on Brady, but I'm not overly impressed and would love the opportunity to get a great, established OC.

Uh oh,  someone's feelings get hurt? 

Brady loosened the reigns on Allen with regards to running the ball.

As far as passing, he's tightened the reigns. Josh has been more disciplined as a thrower since Brady took over.

17 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

If you want to have no interviews until after the playoffs then you need to lose something else out of the calendar. The obvious candidate is pre-season which would allow camp to start later meaning you could move the break back and give people all of July off. But the NFL won't do that.

It hasn't helped that they added another game to the schedule. I remember when the Super Bowl was played in mid-late January.

This year's game is on 2/11.

16 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I love when you all get upset at things out of your control.  

Screw you. Just shut up!!!

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They are very likely conscious that Belichick has the power here. They want to turn the screw a little bit. Don't jerk us around we have other options it is yes or no.

The interesting part of the Falcons/Belichick interview is that it didn't include Rick McKay who has been GM, President, and then CEO for Arthur Blank for 20 years.

I wonder how McKay feels about being asked not to be in the room.

14 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

This part of the game is ridiculous. There needs to be a quiet period until at least the superbowl. 

13 hours ago, Beast said:

No, it is the Rooney rule. 

As in Ed Rooney, the Principal from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

That's really weird! Ferris is the last name of that Chiefs fan/shopping cart guy in the video @rusty shackleford posted!

What's going on here?

10 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

It hasn't helped that they added another game to the schedule. I remember when the Super Bowl was played in mid-late January.

This year's game is on 2/11.

Yep. They have run out of space in the schedule. If they want to add anything else or delay things they need something else to make way.

• Like (+1) 1

This is always going to be an issue with McD here. And he's missed on OC's half the time. So lets say we win tomorrow and Brady gets hired away...we're now at the mercy of another McD pick and if it doesn't go well like Dennison or Dorsey, we throw away another 1-2 years and take the gamble on the next OC? And if it does go well, we most likely lose that OC after just a season or two and we start the cycle all over again. We're doing all of this just to keep McD here? A guy who's not even a good in-game head coach?

It's just not a great long-term plan. These are precious years we have with a franchise QB. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/19/2024 at 8:29 PM, rusty shackleford said:

Then he should be reported to the cart narcs:

This is hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

But who gives this guy time of day? This guy engages him. I'd just give him a quick "bird" and leave some rubber on the pavement. Getting all upset is how they win. You just go about your day and then all they did is get themselves all upset.

"It gets the wheels all gummed up"

I would just laugh at that rediculous statement. Tell me you're a dependent without telling me you're a dependent.

Funny thing is I always being my cart to the corral, but now I wanna start leaving it around and hope to see one of these clowns! Maybe he'll try to throw a magnet on the truck while I'm pulling away🤣

• Dislike 1

On 1/19/2024 at 1:17 PM, somnus00 said:

That's a nice little distraction for our OC before the divisional playoff game. Thank you, falcons. 

That’s why I don’t understand why the league doesn’t just prohibit interviews until after the Super Bowl.

4 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

That’s why I don’t understand why the league doesn’t just prohibit interviews until after the Super Bowl.

As has been explained multiple times..... there is not enough time in the schedule to allow that given the timing of the combine, free agency and the draft. 

The NFL would have to move everything else back at least 2 weeks and they are down to only 4 weeks off between mini camp and camp already. They are the only weeks coaches and personnel guys get off the entire year.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.