Falcons request interview with Joe Brady for HC job

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

It's not 20 , 24, 27 and 21. 4 last regular season games.

Why would you only include the last 4?  Thats not his entire body of work.  You can't just cherry pick games.  Teams are up and down all season. Brady is 27.42 ppg on the regular season since he took over.  Thats good enough for top 5 in the NFL and 2 ppg out of 1st.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I agree a full year with Josh he will be a top candidate and may well land a job next year if it goes well. 

But I don't think he is getting the Atlanta job. I think Belichick is.

Yeah I agree

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

That's most likely the move.

I think most likely the move is keep requesting interviews with other candidates so that when Bill Belichick arrives for his second interview tomorrow they can apply some pressure on him to decide. 

They are very likely conscious that Belichick has the power here. They want to turn the screw a little bit. Don't jerk us around we have other options it is yes or no.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I agree a full year with Josh he will be a top candidate and may well land a job next year if it goes well. 

But I don't think he is getting the Atlanta job. I think Belichick is.

That seems like the path he should want to do anyway get a good solid year under his belt as an OC with a solid offense from the offseason through, plus more experience working with a good HC at a high level in the system.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Why would you only include the last 4?  Thats not his entire body of work.  You can't just cherry pick games.  Teams are up and down all season. Brady is 27.42 ppg on the regular season since he took over.  Thats good enough for top 5 in the NFL and 2 ppg out of 1st.

Yeah I agree

It's not cherry picking,  I agree is an inexact science,  but it's also after he's had an opportunity to put his stamp on the game.

I'm not crapping in the guy,  but we can't afford to make the Dorsey mistake again. 

23 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think most likely the move is keep requesting interviews with other candidates so that when Bill Belichick arrives for his second interview tomorrow they can apply some pressure on him to decide. 

They are very likely conscious that Belichick has the power here. They want to turn the screw a little bit. Don't jerk us around we have other options it is yes or no.

Belichick knows he’s one of the greatest coaches of all time, bringing in Joe Brady or anyone else isn’t going to pressure Bill at all. 

He knows his worth and knows teams will wait for him. 

• Agree 1

lol. This is quite the list. From PFT

“The Falcons also have completed interviews with Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn, former Patriots coach Bill Belichick, Bengals offensive coordinator Brian Callahan, Eagles offensive coordinator Brian Johnson, Panthers defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero, Ravens defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald, Ravens assistant head coach/defensive line coach Anthony Weaver and 49ers defensive coordinator Steve Wilks.

They have requested Lions offensive coordinator Ben Johnson, Bills interim offensive coordinator Joe Brady and Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris.”

• Shocked 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

Didn't we use that logic with Dorsey too? It's not like our offense has been lighting up it, it's just that Brady loosened the reigns on Allen, which any of us would have done the same. I'm not ragging on Brady, but I'm not overly impressed and would love the opportunity to get a great, established OC.

Uh oh,  someone's feelings get hurt? 

They continuously put up high scores against “stout/good” defenses…. The offense isn’t near as basic and they attack in different ways, often. It’s more than unleashing Allen. 

4 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

They continuously put up high scores against “stout/good” defenses…. The offense isn’t near as basic and they attack in different ways, often. It’s more than unleashing Allen. 

I agree it's a more well rounded offense. But any oc worth his salt should accomplish that with the talent available. 

Maybe he's the guy,  I don't know. 

14 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I agree it's a more well rounded offense. But any oc worth his salt should accomplish that with the talent available. 

Maybe he's the guy,  I don't know. 

I like the prospect of taking what he’s done this season and pair that with an entire offseason (preferably, after a Super Bowl win :)). 

We all know Dorsey was a first time play caller and Brady isn’t. I buy into his learning from the last time he was an OC, plus his time at LSU. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.