What is your gut telling you right now?

My gut tells me that both teams are going to make lots of mistakes and one team wont capitalize on the mistakes enough.. and that will be the difference in this game.

So I am saying it here and now.. the team that capitalizes on the most mistakes wins.. and I think that could go either way. 

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

I'm just refuting the narrative that they're always at full strength in the playoffs. 

They were pretty healthy in 2019, but last year they were down four of their top 5 WRs in the AFCC. They were left with MVS, Skyy Moore and Kemp from the practice squad. That has to be the worst group of WRs to ever play in an AFC title game. They were also without Sneed and Gay. And of course, Mahomes had the high ankle sprain early in the first playoff game. In 2020, they lost several O-linemen throughout the season. But yes, the backbreaker happened in the AFCC. Also, don't forget that Mahomes missed the 2nd half of the divisional game that year. 

Which 4 WRs were down vs Cinci in the AFCCG game last year?   You talking about juju and mecole getting injured in the 2nd half of the game?  Toney getting Injured in the 1st half?  

adding hardman is a JAG.  Toney is a net negative. Losing juju for a half of a game……..that’s what you’re claiming as being injured?  lol, ok.  That unit was the worst group of WRs BEFORE the injuries.  Their replacements weren’t that much worse.   

sneed and gay missed what….. part of the game then played the the SB and the games prior to that?  Please!  🙄 cry me a river.   How many season ending injuries have you had?  How many pro bowl players have been injured?  

you know nothing about suffering through injuries. Give me a break

4 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

my gut is telling me the underdog us against the world role that KC is in will have them playing their best football.  

I also believe the bills offense is physical and can present all kinds of challenges.

Also I want to go on record that the deep ball that Buffalo has tried and missed vs SD and NE they are going to hit this week.  I just have a feeling somewhere in this game Buffalo is going to set them up and catch KC bringing pressure and diggs is going to get that step and they are going to hit it and make the stadium go nuts.  Just feels like this is the time.

if there is karma, Mahomes and Reid deserve theirs this week after the way they behaved when Buffalo beat them in week 14 especially Mahomes.  Karma has to get this guy at some point and Allen has always played with grace and respect of his opponents win or lose and we saw Mahomes does not do that.  So I am pulling big for Karma.

This is what a lot of people are really underestimating I think. Especially those who watched them against dominate the Dolphins from start to finish and think that Miami was already a defeated team that was already ready for the offseason or something.

I know it's cliche, but you better believe the Chiefs organization is treating this as their superbowl for a number of reasons:

1) They want to kill the "Mahomes has never played in/won an AFC road playoff game' narrative instantly

2) They feel they were screwed in the game a few months ago and the Bills win was a fluke.

3) Being underdogs as you mentioned

4) They are the defending world champs that want to claim a dynasty and be the first team to repeat since the 03/04 Patriots.

5) Highly likely this is the last year for some of their key guys like Chris Jones and Sneed who will get offered monster deals elsewhere that KC can't match.

With that said, are the Bills also going to treat this as their SB? Most likely, but I don't think it matters because the Chiefs are simply the better team across the board at just about every position.

• Shocked 1

My bet is on the Bills.

Last year I bowed out from a few opportunities/offers to go to the Bengals game. Team didn't look right to me and I felt they were gonna lose.

This year I'm feeling much better about their chances and will be in attendance.

On 1/18/2024 at 11:41 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

This is the week Mahomes gets the label he can't win on the road in the playoffs

You know why Hitler lost the war? Because he couldn't win on the road!

• Haha (+1) 2

I have zero confidence to be completely honest. Not as bad as I felt going into the Bengals game last year, but definitely preparing for the let down and how terrible this place would be during and after

My gut is afriad of Mahomes against a back 7 full of back-ups.  Cam Lewis playing significant against Mahomes is an awful scenario. 

Allen and the O will play well, but Chiefs D is good enough to contain them from putting up the 30 points  that will be necessary to win.

This game has potential to be surprising, in a good way.

The Chiefs D is very good, but I don't think they're as formidable as many believe.  They haven't been as good against the good teams - and they haven't been as good on the road.

If the Bills can get off to a good start, I really feel like we could win by a wide margin. 

I also think that Allen is locked in right now.  That long run last week felt like a statement of determination.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't think it matters because the Chiefs are simply the better team across the board at just about every position.

Even factoring in injuries... ehhh?

Allen <-> Mahomes

Cook <-> Pacheco

Kincaid <-> Kelce

Diggs <-> Rice

Brown <-> Taylor

Torrence <-> T Smith

Morse <-> Humphrey

McGovern <-> Thuney

Dawkins <-> D Smith

Looks like a push unless you want to really red-n-yellow shade it. If you want Humphrey over Morse I'll claim Brown over Taylor because Taylor is flat awful. 

Rousseau <-> Danna

Oliver <-> C Jones

D Jones <-> Nnadi

Floyd <-> Karlaftis

Dodson <-> Gay

Bernard <-> Bolton

T Johnson <-> Chenal

Douglas <-> Sneed

Benford <-> McDuffie

Poyer <-> Reid

Hyde <-> Edwards

Subject to injury depletion but to me still looks like it's... kind of even.

• Like (+1) 2

My gut is telling me that this team found its mojo on the journey from 6-6 to 11-6. It also re-established Clappy as a first rate coach and leader of men. The schemes he has called on D have been spot on. We have minimized turnovers while maintaining a potent offense with the exception of the first quarter of the season finale vs Miami. We only played one quarter of good football that day and still beat a playoff team.

I also think the Bills should take credit for the Cowboys meltdown. They were on a five game win streak before coming to the Ralph. We stole their soul. 

I respect Reid, Mahomes, and the Chiefs a lot but right now we are a better team. I think we are in the right emotional zone of being confident without being cocky. We still have to be on our toes mentally and play hungry. I think we're up to the task and will re-establish the Ralph's home field advantage.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

This is the first playoff game against the Chiefs where both my head and my heart say we will win. 

11 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Even factoring in injuries... ehhh?

Allen <-> Mahomes

Cook <-> Pacheco

Kincaid <-> Kelce

Diggs <-> Rice

Brown <-> Taylor

Torrence <-> T Smith

Morse <-> Humphrey

McGovern <-> Thuney

Dawkins <-> D Smith

Looks like a push unless you want to really red-n-yellow shade it. If you want Humphrey over Morse I'll claim Brown over Taylor because Taylor is flat awful. 

Rousseau <-> Danna

Oliver <-> C Jones

D Jones <-> Nnadi

Floyd <-> Karlaftis

Dodson <-> Gay

Bernard <-> Bolton

T Johnson <-> Chenal

Douglas <-> Sneed

Benford <-> McDuffie

Poyer <-> Reid

Hyde <-> Edwards

Subject to injury depletion but to me still looks like it's... kind of even.

I agree with much of this but IMO Poyer and T Johnson are both better and Karlaftis and Thuney likely better.  

Talent is tight, but the big plays are not. We will get them in the form of turnovers (2) and we will beat their explosive play total of over 20+ by at least 3 plays. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.