Not a Good Weekend for the NFC East

Dubie54

Blowout losses in games neither team looked ready to compete. The Eagles were figured out, (and they forgot how to tackle), down the stretch and their new OC was in over his head, much like Ken Dorsey. It seemed on many replays where Hurts was sacked, they had four receivers just running straight down the field. It seemed TB was giving them the middle of the field and they just never adjusted. 

Outside of the Bills game, I had the most fun watching the Boys get run over. It was a stunning home loss for that franchise. Will be very interesting to see what Jerry does with McCarthy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

Blowout losses in games neither team looked ready to compete. The Eagles were figured out, (and they forgot how to tackle), down the stretch and their new OC was in over his head, much like Ken Dorsey. It seemed on many replays where Hurts was sacked, they had four receivers just running straight down the field. It seemed TB was giving them the middle of the field and they just never adjusted. 

Outside of the Bills game, I had the most fun watching the Boys get run over. It was a stunning home loss for that franchise. Will be very interesting to see what Jerry does with McCarthy. 

Yes, that was very enjoyable watching the Cowboys get their asses handed to them.

You might say....I "LOVE"d to see it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Honestly though the Eagles would return to the Superbowl. That is an epic meltdown that will cost someone a job.

Dallas on the other hand looked like a team trying to get their coach fired. I bet they succeed too. They just quit. That was embarrassing even if you're not a Cowboy fan. 

3 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

What happened to Philadelphia just boggles my freaking mind.  I guess injuries played into it but they just seemed to slam right into a wall at 110 MPH.  

The team I saw last night, resembled nothing of the 10-1 SB contender.   I watched them absolutely bully the crap out of Miami on a Sunday night game and thought how tough of a matchup that they would be for teams

It’s just staggering a team went from looking that good to THAT bad in a span of a few weeks.  

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

What happened to Philadelphia just boggles my freaking mind.  I guess injuries played into it but they just seemed to slam right into a wall at 110 MPH.  

The team I saw last night, resembled nothing of the 10-1 SB contender.   I watched them absolutely bully the crap out of Miami on a Sunday night game and thought how tough of a matchup that they would be for teams

It’s just staggering a team went from looking that good to THAT bad in a span of a few weeks.  

Losin their oc/dc from last year seemed to really bite them in the a**. Felt like they got figured out late in the season and just couldn’t adjust

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Honestly though the Eagles would return to the Superbowl. That is an epic meltdown that will cost someone a job.

Dallas on the other hand looked like a team trying to get their coach fired. I bet they succeed too. They just quit. That was embarrassing even if you're not a Cowboy fan. 

IMO much like Miami, Dallas was always a very flawed football team that beat up on bad teams.   Their recipe for success was to score early and then let the defense close out the game by wreaking havoc on the DL.   This was never a script that would work against good teams as we saw vs Philly, San Francisco, Buffalo and now GB.  

The defense has Parsons who helped mask a lot of flaws but there really wasn’t anyone else to be concerned with.  

I like Dak Prescott a lot but don’t feel he was ever as good as his hype and that he took advantage of beating up bad teams too.  Same with DaRon Bland, who set a record for pix 6 INT’s but is hardly a lock down corner.  

So outside of Lamb and Parsons you have a team of pretenders.   After watching the Bills mop the floor with them and then Miami take it to them, I knew they were cooked and watched in amazement as some “experts” picked them to win the SB.  

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yes, that was very enjoyable watching the Cowboys get their asses handed to them.

You might say....I "LOVE"d to see it.

I have a theory that all Bills fans knew the team Dallas was after the 31-10 blowout.  

28 minutes ago, Dubie54 said:

The common denominator is the Bills exposed both those teams, and the league copied a lot of what the Bills did.

• Agree 2

Both those losses made the weekend somehow worse for the Browns and Dolphins. Dolphins only win against a winning team this season not looking as great and was weak looking win from the start. Browns got to watch the QB that busted himself up for their city and broke their playoff drought that they rewarded by sending him to QB purgatory in Carolina win a Playoff game on the same weekend that they got embarrassed by the team that they traded a future's worth of picks for their creepy QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Both those losses made the weekend somehow worse for the Browns and Dolphins. Dolphins only win against a winning team this season not looking as great and was weak looking win from the start. Browns got to watch the QB that busted himself up for their city and broke their playoff drought that they rewarded by sending him to QB purgatory in Carolina win a Playoff game on the same weekend that they got embarrassed by the team that they traded a future's worth of picks for their creepy QB.

Yep, the Browns seem to not be able to get out of their own way.  Not to mention Houston is clearly on the rise and they still have more picks to go courtesy of the Browns.  They may become scary good soon in an already packed AFC.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Yep, the Browns seem to not be able to get out of their own way.  Not to mention Houston is clearly on the rise and they still have more picks to go courtesy of the Browns.  They may become scary good soon in an already packed AFC.

and they had to be in an empty division and not in the AFC West like they should have been.

Personally, I want to see the trainwreck that could be if Bill Belichek goes to Dallas.  The bloom is definitely off his rose but I can't see his ego not clashing daily with Jerry Jones.

Jerry LOVES offense.  He dreams of rebuilding the dynasty days with a team that just blows out opponents by 40+ points a game.  Billy B finds his joy in winning a game 10-3 and having his defense on the field getting the job done.  Philosophically, they couldn't be more different.

The Cowboys were literally running a defense with 210 lbs linebackers. Hoodie makes sense for them. 

The talk of firing Siranni is ridiculous as he was just in a Super Bowl. Losing both coordinators really hurt them and also Jalen Hurts quite simply is not Josh Allen and anyone who was putting the two of them in the same class shouldn’t be taken seriously as a football analyst again. 

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The common denominator is the Bills exposed both those teams, and the league copied a lot of what the Bills did.

Same as what happened to Baltimore after playoff game with Buffalo.  Other teams copied Bills defense strategy when playing Ravens so they got rid of OC.

• Agree 1

I only watched about a half of the Eagles game, but was gobsmacked by the poor tackling.  It's like the defensive players all forgot how to use their arms.  No one on that team ever seemed to wrap their player up.  It was probably the worst example of tackling that I've ever seen.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.