Sorry to say... But Diggs is done.

ShipUPride

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Have you not watched him play for the past 3 years?

He always goes down to avoid contact unless he is already on the run.  That's his way of preserving his body to prolong his career and stay healthy.

In 2021 Diggs played through a torn oblique to help his club reach the AFC Championship Game. 

A torn oblique has a way of being easily re-injured. I know this from personal experience. Move the wrong way and extreme pain for a short time then ok.

It seemed to me that was his reaction to being tumbled after that tackle. Commentator speculated that he had the wind knocked out of him but oblique pain is intense but short lived as long as you don't twist the wrong way.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s definitely in the preservation phase of his career.  Fitzpatrick arm tackled him around the waist and Diggs goes down like he took a head shot from ray lewis.  I also didn’t care for the gatorade BS on steelers sideline.  As long as he gets open and catches the ball, it’s fine.  He’s still a good player, but I could do without the antics and pretending to be hurt every time he gets touched.  

Watch out. People here aren’t fond of the truth. Both teams looked like they wanted to go back inside at times yesterday. The Steelers lost a lot of momentum when they realized the offense was anemic. When they didn’t get points off the turnover there was a big let down. 

• Eyeroll 1

This is a bit silly for a number of reasons.

But if there was ever a time we need to see the '100+ yard 2 TD game' version of Diggs it's definitely this week against an elite Chiefs defense if the Bills are going to have any chance to win.

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

Looking at "preserving yourself" for the next playoff game is a smaller way of looking at it.  Shakir could have slid down too.  Come on man.  Diggs is playing WAY too soft lately - so soft that he looks afraid to get hit most of the time.

Not really sure how looking at the big picture, a Super Bowl run, is smaller than looking at an individual game…that comment makes no sense whatsoever. You act like Diggs doesn’t hit anyone or doesn’t ever get hit or hasn’t gotten hit for the last eight years or so of his professional life. To compare Diggs and Shakir physically or physicality at this point in each of their respective careers is a little ridiculous. That’s like trying to compare Diggs career accomplishments to Shakir’s career accomplishments, obviously Diggs will have much better stats. It’s the same in this case as well, Diggs has been beat up for a lot longer than Shakir, is significantly older than Shakir, and Shakir is just starting his career. Everything you have said is very very small picture, and even small minded. Thinking about the future is not a “…smaller way of looking at it…” lol. And I’m not really sure how it can get smaller than one single 60 minute game.

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

That’s a shame …

Like .. they have a gazillion injuries … and Diggs is your main worry?

He intelligently went down to not take unnecessary hits. Did you see the cheap shot by MF when he crushed him late as he was on the ground? no call.

Josh has missed him open a few times in past few weeks. Don’t expect much in the KC game as he will be blanketed while the other receivers get open. I’m fine with Diggs production. And he always finds a way to make a key catch when needed.

"Done" seems to have different meaning for different people.  It looks to me as if Diggs can be a productive receiver for at least a few years yet.  I think perhaps the question should be, is Diggs done as a #1 receiver who reliably shows big play ability?  On that issue, I'm not so sure.  Some have said, that without a potent #2 threat, teams are rolling coverage toward Diggs and he's not getting the downfield opportunities because of coverage.  I'm not so sophisticated in my football knowledge that recognizing coverage is easy for me.  I really have to focus on one aspect at a time, and that takes away the enjoyment of watching the whole.  I think Buffalo could really stand to have a potent go to #2 receiver.  That would go a long way toward showing us what Diggs has left.  

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Last week Josh overthrew Diggs on an 89 yard td. Today he underthrew him on a 35 yard td. Diggs is banged up but still getting open. Josh is just a little out of sync with him.

On yesterday’s miss at the goal line where Rowe got a finger on it, Diggs signaled back to Josh that he missed it by an inch.  An inch and that would have been a beautiful TD pass. 

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

He seemed gimpy after 1 of his early catches but the man is still super elite and defenses still key in on him , opening up the O for others

Super elite is probably overstating his ability at this point in time.  But he still can be a force for us going forward.  He should have at least one more real good year in him in 2024.  And after that its anybody's guess how much is left in the tank.

12 hours ago, ShipUPride said:

He's been invisible for weeks.  Today I saw him catch a ball and drop to the ground before getting touched, without effort for YAC. Unless he is secretly injured I think it's time to really evaluate his effectiveness and effort.  

Always love when people come out of the woodwork to post some nonsense.  You have like 3 posts since 2019 and this is one of the garbage posts you make.  Either you are someone else too afraid to put this on here with your main account or you are someone suspended that uses this account as a backup.  Either way your post is garbage.  Take another 3-4 year break.

Edited by Scott7975

3 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Super elite is probably overstating his ability at this point in time.  But he still can be a force for us going forward.  He should have at least one more real good year in him in 2024.  And after that its anybody's guess how much is left in the tank.

I'd agree with that but ya never know, he has that alpha dog mentality. Youngest player with 800 receptions,   think he has at least 3 1000 yard seasons ahead of him , especially if we can get a legit 1b WR to pair with him, Shakir, Harty,Kincaid etc. Would love a Pittman in FA or a high ceiling guy in the draft

But he at least has another WR1 season on a SB contender under his belt.

• Agree 2

He's been invisible for weeks.  Today I saw him catch a ball and drop to the ground before getting touched, without effort for YAC. Unless he is secretly injured I think it's time to really evaluate his effectiveness and effort.  

Are you REALLY sorry to say that?

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I'd agree with that but ya never know, he has that alpha dog mentality. Youngest player with 800 receptions,   think he has at least 3 1000 yard seasons ahead of him , especially if we can get a legit 1b WR to pair with him, Shakir, Harty,Kincaid etc. Would love a Pittman in FA or a high ceiling guy in the draft

But he at least has another WR1 season on a SB contender under his belt.

Diggs should be allowed to play out his contract here and finish his career as a Bill.

If we draft a WR in the 1st, we get that guy and Diggs, 2 #1WR for the price of 1. And then when Diggs' contract runs out, we got the new guy on his 5th year option.

Diggs caught 7 passes on 9 targets for 52 yards against the Steelers, with at least 2 of those passes crucial for the Bills keeping drives going.   Kincaid was targeted the second most:  3 passes from 6 targets for 59 yards and 1 TD.

Edited by SoTier

1 hour ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

Not really sure how looking at the big picture, a Super Bowl run, is smaller than looking at an individual game…that comment makes no sense whatsoever. You act like Diggs doesn’t hit anyone or doesn’t ever get hit or hasn’t gotten hit for the last eight years or so of his professional life. To compare Diggs and Shakir physically or physicality at this point in each of their respective careers is a little ridiculous. That’s like trying to compare Diggs career accomplishments to Shakir’s career accomplishments, obviously Diggs will have much better stats. It’s the same in this case as well, Diggs has been beat up for a lot longer than Shakir, is significantly older than Shakir, and Shakir is just starting his career. Everything you have said is very very small picture, and even small minded. Thinking about the future is not a “…smaller way of looking at it…” lol. And I’m not really sure how it can get smaller than one single 60 minute game.

What is the ultimate goal?  Win a few games or win a championship?

This thread is now 6 pages long, and not ONCE have you responded to a single post to back-up your claim.

Congratulations, you got your attention! Now get the Hell out of here and go play with your girl robot!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.