Fake Slide should be 15 yard penalty

Zerovoltz

21 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

He didn't fake slide. He juked. Big difference 

25 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

@Zerovoltz

don't be a scumbag

pay your debt

39 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Hey @Zerovoltz is it true you bet a member here 150.00 that Jordan Love wouldn’t make the playoffs and then you deleted your PayPal and blocked him on here when he sent you the PayPal request ? 

nice troll job, pay your bets 

maybe drive Uber this weekend, don’t be shady. 

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

I hate to say this, but Nick Wright actually made a great point on First Things First today.

Mahomes constantly plays with defenders along the sidelines as he acts like he's gonna go out and then continues forward for more yards since the defender doesn't want to get a late hit penalty out of bounds.  That happens a lot with him.

Should that be a 15 yard penalty?

• Like (+1) 1

That isn't a juke...he's slowing as if to slide...7 yards from nearest defender...then starts running again...how is this a juke?  Who is he juking...the guy 7 yards away?

subjectively predicting intent. Get objective man. Like Toney's foot being Offside.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

A 6'5" 240# guy.  Not so easy to stop.

I would really like to hear what speed be was running at after the half way point. Dude looked like he was shot out of a cannon. It was stunning to see such a big dude run so fast 

• Like (+1) 1

Thing is that although this a trick or hike move and not a slide that with all the rules protecting QB that it may make the defender hesitate thinking on the off chance that it is a slide attempt. We saw this sone exceptionally well with Steve Young decades ago.

When running with ball over line of scrimmage then AB should just be treated as a RB-

17 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

There’s plenty of people who think the world is flat. 
Heck, there’s even a Flat Earth Society. 
that doesn’t mean the earth is flat. 

Any observer who has studied Allen’s running style know that he isn’t the smoothest runner around. His jukes, while effective, may seem awkward. 

Look at his run closely. From ground level would be best. Players who are going to slide begin shifting their weight backward, and kicking their legs forwards. There’s a good example of a fake slide from Mahomes in this thread where he does exactly that. 

Note that Allen never shifts his weight backwards.  

im thinking the number of volts matches the IQ…

It's not just that, but there are examples of Allen on film with a 'fake slide'.  Like you say, he drops his hips and sort of positions his front foot like he's gonna slide then keeps going.

He doesn't take several steps back and forth and slow to a pause while his blockers take position, then continue.

30 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

It's not just that, but there are examples of Allen on film with a 'fake slide'.  Like you say, he drops his hips and sort of positions his front foot like he's gonna slide then keeps going.

He doesn't take several steps back and forth and slow to a pause while his blockers take position, then continue.

where

48 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I would really like to hear what speed be was running at after the half way point. Dude looked like he was shot out of a cannon. It was stunning to see such a big dude run so fast 

I'm sure NGS has him clocked.  I remember after the Vikings game his rookie year, he was clocked as one of the 15 fastest times that Sunday...along with WRs, DBs and RBs. 

• Like (+1) 1

I believe the Music City Miracle was a legal lateral. 

I believe the second fumble in this game was out of bounds by touching his helmet.

I have no problem calling out dirty hits by Bills players or bad ref calls that favored us.

That was nothing close to being a fake slide, nevermind a blatant one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/15/2024 at 6:52 PM, Zerovoltz said:

It wasn't a fake slide. WTF are you talking about?

Just now, jaybills said:

It wasn't a fake slide. WTF are you talking about?

Even if it supposedly was, how can you say it was blatant? That obvious? I don't think so, son. 

7 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

He reached 19 mph... At 250 lb on a slippery track

7 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm sure NGS has him clocked.  I remember after the Vikings game his rookie year, he was clocked as one of the 15 fastest times that Sunday...along with WRs, DBs and RBs. 

He clocked over 20 mph his rookie year during that game...

And clocked in at 19 miles an hour on the 54 yard touchdown run which is insane for a 250 lb man on a slick surface

That should put the bed argument about a fake slide.... A 250 lb man running that fast in bad conditions is literally a Mack truck

Nobody is tackling him

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

This topic is no longer contributing positively to the community and therefore the discussion has been closed.

Thank you.