Fake Slide should be 15 yard penalty

Zerovoltz

45 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

JJ Watt thinks this was a brilliant example of USING A FAKE SLIDE...It's not like I'm out here by myself in the desert on this NFL QB's and Hall of famers think this was a fake slide.

With your incorrect take and poor timing of the post, you just burnt up years of earned goodwill on this board. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Oh. Did he explain why the refs stopped the game when Mahomes helmet broke saving KC from using a TO or playing 1 play with the backup? 

That was likely due to Josh Allen as well.

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

Offside! Oh wait, wrong complaint. Let me check the whiner file. Oh, there it is! Fake slide…Ah yes, another doozy by the entitled Chief fan base.

He was bracing for impact, not faking a slide. 

Go listen to your Swifty music, you’ll feel better. Or maybe ask Taylor to write a song about a guy and his misleading ways. 

Except in this case, when you fake, the defender is supposed to give up on the play by rule.  

So why aren’t their penalties for fake spikes?

or fake kneel downs

Edited by Cray51

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

Tell me you’re a closet Steelers fan without actually mouthing the words.

That isn't a juke...he's slowing as if to slide...7 yards from nearest defender...then starts running again...how is this a juke?  Who is he juking...the guy 7 yards away?

I saw him slow down then keep running.  Could have been waiting for blocks.  He's never done a fake slide before so him randomly doing one is unlikely.  It's not in his character though I'll admit he does whine to refs more than I like.

The nearest defender was 7 yards away.....

I actually thought he was going to slide too.  And the slide later on was tough.  The defender did let up albeit late.  

mahones does it too on the sidelines a lot.  Hit him it’s a Penalty, don’t and he gains more yards/gets the first 

the defense really has no chance anymore. 

Get da flock outta here

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That's amazing TJ Watts brother thinks something unfair happened to his brother's team. 🙄

He was also crying earlier this week about the stadium and how the elements weee supposed to be part of the game.. he missed the part about the travel bans and the impossibility of playing a game on Sunday and looked like a clown. Doubling down on clown ig

• Like (+1) 2

Mahomes does this a lot. Either fake slide or fake going out of bounds 

• Thank you (+1) 2