Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

Understanding that we would lose home field advantage which can be significant, I would be fine if the game was moved to a domed stadium at a neutral site because it would strongly favor our offense over their defense, particularly with Watt out, and possibly reduce the effectiveness of their rushing attack compared to a cold weather game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

Understanding that we would lose home field advantage which can be significant, I would be fine if the game was moved to a domed stadium at a neutral site because it would strongly favor our offense over their defense, particularly with Watt out, and possibly reduce the effectiveness of their rushing attack compared to a cold weather game.

Well, among the accolades for Allen when we drafted him was his familiarity with windy cold weather games.  

It's showtime, let's get it on tomorrow!!  

If we can't win then we can discuss that afterwards.  

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, jahnyc said:

I agree.  Atlanta would have been flooded by Bills fans and likely had a strong home field advantage.  I think I would have made the trip down there from Cincinnati.

It all comes down to tomorrow.  If they can get the game in with just typical Buffalo January weather - 10 to 20 mph wind, temps in the upper teens and some flurries then the Governor made the right call.  But if they can't play tomorrow and the game is pushed to Tuesday then they should have went with the dome option IMO.

Yea I get that hindsight is 20/20 but that's why they pay these people the big bucks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I feel like the weather pattern has definitely shifted the past few winters to push lake snow events further north.

We bought a house down here in supposed "snow country" 3 years ago and I swear it's barely snowed here since. Always to the north.

Right now it's sunny cold and windy here with maybe 3 inches of snow.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I went to Amherst and it was the same way.  Every damn school was closed except Amherst lol.  Now they close all the time.

Yeah I am so jealous of my kids...they had more snow days in pre-school then I did thru my entire schooling career from K-senior in HS.

We got one day off over all that time and it was because the parking lots were still jammed with snow after a blizzard ended Sunday and there was nowhere to park for Monday.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I hate that the idea of Buffalo becoming a pain in the ass to the league. Recent years events, and now this one potentially, leads one to wonder if some in the league office need this kind of fuel.

The league pushing the season later and later into February plus us having a great team makes this stuff more likely. Wait til they add another game and bye week. Super Bowl will be in March.

The drought era teams never had these issues. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The league pushing the season later and later into February plus us having a great team makes this stuff more likely. Wait til they add another game and bye week. Super Bowl will be in March.

The drought era teams never had these issues. 

That cloud you're yelling at, how's it holding up?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

15 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree.  Atlanta would have been flooded by Bills fans and likely had a strong home field advantage.  I think I would have made the trip down there from Cincinnati.

It all comes down to tomorrow.  If they can get the game in with just typical Buffalo January weather - 10 to 20 mph wind, temps in the upper teens and some flurries then the Governor made the right call.  But if they can't play tomorrow and the game is pushed to Tuesday then they should have went with the dome option IMO.

Yea I get that hindsight is 20/20 but that's why they pay these people the big bucks.

I would have jumped on a plane to Atlanta for the game. One of the less expensive flights due to the sheer volume of planes going in and out of the country’s largest airport.

1 minute ago, Thrivefourfive said:

If playing games in Buffalo when there’s weather is a battle between the Commissioner and the Governor, I don’t even know what to say. It’s so so bizarre. 

I’d rather they play with no fans in the stands than a neutral site. 

The Buffalo Bills organization had a big say in this too.  Let's not forget that.  If the Bills wanted to go to a neutral site, they could have agreed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I would have jumped on a plane to Atlanta for the game. One of the less expensive flights due to the sheer volume of planes going in and out of the country’s largest airport.

I’d have been at the game if it were in Atlanta. Of course, I can see the stadium when I drive to the grocery store. 😋

As for the airport, it’s actually the busiest in the world. I happen to hate it because security can be overwhelmed, but it does make it easier to get places. We live where we do for my wife’s proximity to that airport. 

Here are the top 10 busiest airports in the world for 2023, according to OAG.

Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.

Dubai International Airport. ... 

Tokyo Haneda Airport. ... 

London Heathrow Airport. ... 

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. ... 

Denver International Airport. ... 

Istanbul Airport. ... 

Los Angeles International Airport. ...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

The Buffalo Bills organization had a big say in this too.  Let's not forget that.  If the Bills wanted to go to a neutral site, they could have agreed.

The Steelers must be on equal footing with the Bills in the decision making, correct? This is a very curious topic for me, I’d love to learn more about it. I’m always thinking the worst when politicians get involved. Goodell is a politician, among other things. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.