Game Postponed! - To be played Monday at 4:30pm

phypon

17 minutes ago, Simon said:

Total guess judging only from radar returns: Maybe 8" so far?

Probably a bit more to the south of Orchard Park.

Band is sliding northward now and it will likely start piling up more overnight.

Likely going to sit over metro Buffalo and near Northtowns overnight and much of the day tomorrow.

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

The snow % for Monday went way up in the past 24 hours.  The winds look better at 10-20mph and hopefully no whiteout conditions.  Just a real wintry week ahead, looks like a few inches of snow nearly every day.

Oh, likely way more than that...

".LONG TERM /TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/... The very active pattern will continue through the end of next week with multiple opportunities for accumulating snow including lake effect and synoptic snow. A mid level closed low will remain parked near Hudson Bay through the end of the week, a classic large scale signal for active weather in the Great Lakes with cold cyclonic flow. Tuesday night through Thursday another round of potentially heavy lake effect snow will impact areas east and northeast of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. This is a long ways out, so plenty of uncertainty with band placement and intensity, but the overall large scale pattern looks supportive of heavy lake effect snow which may target the Buffalo Metro area and Watertown areas."

Edited by Big Turk

I’m in Lakeview and the accumulation hasn’t been much since this started (maybe 4-5 inches) but it is blowing around like crazy. I just shoveled for my dogs and I didn’t want to open my slider because the huge drift against it, but half my patio was still bare concrete at the same time.

46 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I mean… not one game ever has been suspended because of weather due to an open stadium. 

90% of those games suspended were because of September hurricanes. The Minnesota game was suspended FROM a dome. 

The Bills game have been suspended because of public safety, not because the game would be played outside. A dome does zero to alleviate these suspensions. We understand this, right? 

Another sample of division in our culture. Some people believe in just doing and saying whatever feels good to them and f everyone else, while others believe that the human safety of 80K and having emergency responders helping their community (instead of being huddled around a stadium) is actually right. 

The Bills and NFL shouldn’t want a game that could be a joke that has no basis in talent or even football. REAL Bills fans should also want no part of a well deserved playoff game that throws away talent for a visual spectacle. 

• Like (+1) 5

I live near Elma and we had white out conditions starting at 5pm.  The snow quit around 9 pm.  We got a few inches but blowing and drifted.  As of midnight it started up again...back to whiteout conditions.  So the band is moving up and down.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Up in southern Niagara County we haven't seen much accumulation at all. But the wind at times has been fierce, and visibility was null for a spell right before sundown. 

Hate to think the authorities and the league got it wrong with respect to travel danger tomorrow (I don't know that they did, but it sucks if so), because so many or our fellow citizens are always just waiting for another reason to lose further trust in the "experts" or "authorities". I think the postponement was smart based on best information at the time. Not much of a downside tbh (minus the further radicalization of internet skeptics). 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Up in southern Niagara County we haven't seen much accumulation at all. But the wind at times has been fierce, and visibility was null for a spell right before sundown. 

Hate to think the authorities and the league got it wrong with respect to travel danger tomorrow (I don't know that they did, but it sucks if so), because so many or our fellow citizens are always just waiting for another reason to lose further trust in the "experts" or "authorities". I think the postponement was smart based on best information at the time. Not much of a downside tbh (minus the further radicalization of internet skeptics). 

I think that's a pretty typical pattern for lake effect snow, isn't it?

Couple inches in N Amherst, Tonawanda, and Niagara County which are shielded from the lake

Good snowstorm somewhere between Downtown Buffalo and Angola, but nothing too outrageous

Some limited belt within that area gets HAMMERED and winds up with 3 foot drifts

Some ####### is undoubtedly and inevitably going to stand in the northern part of the city and blog on the internet about how the travel ban and the snowstorm are "fake news" when it's pretty clear they're out of the Lake Effect area.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

They could have played it at Saturday at 1:00... I was driving into orchard Park and it was playable weather

Now we were scheduled from Sunday for the get-go...

But they knew this was possible since Wednesday Thursday and yeah early Saturday easily could have been playable

“Playable” isn’t the issue. Not sure why so many of you don’t get this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

“Playable” isn’t the issue. Not sure why so many of you don’t get this.

At 1:00 p.m. it was perfectly safe to get to orchard Park... I've been all over Western New York today before 8:00 p.m.

It was nothing that we are not used to

We are completely prepared for this in Buffalo... And if the league made this a 1:00 p.m. game Saturday 4 days ago it could have absolutely 100% worked

This is nothing we haven't dealt with for 60 years of the Buffalo Bills

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

At 1:00 p.m. it was perfectly safe and playable to get to orchard Park... I've been all over Western New York today before 8:00 p.m.

Sure whatever you say. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

At 1:00 p.m. it was perfectly safe and playable to get to orchard Park... I've been all over Western New York today before 8:00 p.m.

We are completely prepared for this in Buffalo... And if the league made this a 1:00 p.m. game 4 days ago it could have absolutely 100% worked

Steelers are now arriving today. Sunday.

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Sure whatever you say. 

I've lived in Buffalo and Western New York my entire life and this is nothing out of the ordinary

There would have been no problem in or out of the stadium at 1:00 p.m. Saturday if the league would have made the call 4 days ago to just play it Saturday

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Steelers are now arriving today. Sunday.

So you just gloss over the point where I said the league could have made the call on Wednesday... They've known this was happening for a week possibly

They could have made this a Saturday game on Wednesday... The Steelers could have been here on Friday

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've lived in Buffalo and Western New York my entire life and this is nothing out of the ordinary

There would have been no problem in or out of the stadium at 1:00 p.m. today

So you just gloss over the point where I said the league could have made the call on Wednesday... They've known this was happening for a week possibly

They could have made this a Saturday game on Wednesday... The Steelers could have been here on Friday

No.

But... It's better to let storm pass and play after.

In 2017 they pushed the game back 6 hours between Pittsburgh in KC because of storm during the playoffs. 

Here they had to wait 27 hours.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.

But... It's better to let storm pass and play after.

In 2017 they pushed the game back 6 hours between Pittsburgh in KC because of storm during the playoffs. 

Here they had to wait 27 hours.

Am not crying that the game's not getting played tomorrow I'm just disappointed I don't get to see my Buffalo Bills

I don't think this storm is anything we are not used to dealing with tho

The bills have been playing in orchard Park since 1972... And Western New York has seen a lot

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

There would have been no problem in or out of the stadium at 1:00 p.m. today

It’s about logistics and allocation of emergency resources. No one cares that Buff716 knows how to drive in the snow.

Moving the game up arguably is more detrimental to the teams’ preparedness than postponing it. The league’s not going to make that call 72+ hours out either way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

It’s about logistics and allocation of emergency resources. No one cares that Buff716 knows how to drive in the snow.

Moving the game up arguably is more detrimental to the teams’ preparedness than postponing it. The league’s not going to make that call 72+ hours out either way.

Again I'm not up in the arms that we're not playing tomorrow... I don't think it's an advantage or disadvantage

I'm just saying the bills have been playing in orchard Park since 1972 And this is nothing we haven't dealt with over the years

I'm very excited to watch us on Monday

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Am not crying that the game's not getting played tomorrow I'm just disappointed I don't get to see my Buffalo Bills

And I don't think this storm is anything we are not used to dealing with

The bills have been playing in orchard Park since 1972

The first home playoff game was in 1988. Last in 1996. 

I am pretty sure we dodged bullets. Global Warming the last 20 years we were a non-factor 2 regular season games were moved. 

The Lake isn't frozen yet. That's a problem in January, snow machine still on.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

The first home playoff game was in 1988. Last in 1996. 

I am pretty sure we dodged bullets. Global Warming the last 20 years we were a non-factor 2 regular season games were moved. 

The Lake isn't frozen yet. That's a problem in January, snow machine still on.

You don't have to remind me about the lack of home games over 60 years

Thank you for ruining my good evening

And we've had five home playoff games with Josh Allen....

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I say 1996 up until the few we just had. 

We always had these issues. Just dodged then in regular season. 

I remember the Buffalo News posted an article a few years ago saying why warm lake temperatures doesn't equal bad snow

We've always dealt with these issues

My father has shoveled out the Ralph multiple times since the 70s... At least they used to give you a ticket

Even a couple years ago they would give you a ticket for shoveling lol

Edited by Buffalo716

You don't have to remind me about the lack of home games over 60 years

Thank you for ruining my good evening

And we've had five home playoff games with Josh Allen

Don't worry. The Lake will rapidly freeze now. 😉 

I am more worried it will be cloudy on April 8th during total eclipse in BFLo... It was the last time in 1925. 😆 

I remember the Buffalo News posted an article a few years ago saying why warm lake temperatures doesn't equal bad snow

But cold Arctic blasting over does equate to snow. It's -5°F here right now. You won't get it all that cold, buy LE snow IS coming tomorrow as the system moves east.

I'm also not the guy to act tough and think he's Superior... I grew up playing high School football in Western New York

Some of my worst memories are out on cold fields in Iroquois

I certainly don't want to play in this weather... But Josh is getting payed millions on Monday

That's always good incentive

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We've always dealt with these issues

My father has shoveled out the Ralph multiple times since the 70s... At least they used to give you a ticket

Even a couple years ago they would give you a ticket for shoveling lol

More people travel now. Especially with the open, legal scalping of tix.  The travel game is much bigger today.

My worst drive ever was in 2009 from Pittsburgh to Erie on I79 right in teeth of a LE band. Coming from Florida to Buffalo.  I have many white knuckle drives, thar one was 100x the worst!  That's the route Steelers fans will take. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I went to West Seneca schools. Those bastards never closed and if they did, were the very last. Didn't help that "W" was at the end of the alphabet on the radio school closing broadcast!

😕😞 

Yeah but if you just missed your school on the ticker, it was like a 15 minute wait until it came back around again. It’s like waiting on the draft details when you missed our pick.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm also not the guy to act tough and think he's Superior... I grew up playing high School football in Western New York

Some of my worst memories are out on cold fields in Iroquois

I certainly don't want to play in this weather... But Josh is getting payed millions on Monday

That's always good incentive

Travel ban in place right now:

https://www.wbng.com/2024/01/14/full-travel-ban-effect-roads-erie-county-due-winter-weather/

They ain't playing in this:

https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1746314390989640133

3 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Yeah but if you just missed your school on the ticker, it was like a 15 minute wait until it came back around again. It’s like waiting on the draft details when you missed our pick.

Yup! Bruutal! 😆 

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I live here

I drove by Ralph Wilson stadium earlier today

My point is it was playable from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. today if the league switched it to Saturday

Who knows what 1:00 p.m. will look like Sunday it's Western New York

But it's not that wild right now.. it's been an ebb and flow

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think that's a pretty typical pattern for lake effect snow, isn't it?

Couple inches in N Amherst, Tonawanda, and Niagara County which are shielded from the lake

Good snowstorm somewhere between Downtown Buffalo and Angola, but nothing too outrageous

Some limited belt within that area gets HAMMERED and winds up with 3 foot drifts

Some ####### is undoubtedly and inevitably going to stand in the northern part of the city and blog on the internet about how the travel ban and the snowstorm are "fake news" when it's pretty clear they're out of the Lake Effect area.

Oh for sure. That's the traditional pattern. Going to high school in NT meant almost ZERO snow days due to factors you've identified above. 

But last year broke with tradition for both major storms, as we got unusually CRUSHED both times. So far, this year, we're seeing a regression to the mean, so to speak.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I live here

I drove by Ralph Wilson stadium earlier today

My point is it was playable from 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. today if the league switched it to Saturday

Who knows what 1:00 p.m. will look like Sunday it's Western New York

But it's not that wild right now.. it's been an ebb and flow

If they were going to do that they would have had to have decided it way earlier in the week.

Just now, Warcodered said:

If they were going to do that they would have had to have decided it way earlier in the week.

They were talking about this on Tuesday... I feel like if they made the call on Tuesday it would work

But it is what it is and.. we take care of business and we get Kansas City at home

Pat has to deal with us in January and we will get our revenge

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

They were talking about this on Tuesday... I feel like if they made the call on Tuesday it would work

But it is what it is and.. we take care of business and we get Kansas City at home

Pat has to deal with us in January and we will get our revenge

Trouble is as far as I know from what people have posted over the seasons, it's real hard to know what this thing was going to look like until we got closer.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Trouble is as far as I know from what people have posted over the seasons, it's real hard to know what this thing was going to look like until we got closer.

Of course it's Buffalo

It could go from raining to snow to Sunshine in 45 minutes

It was designed by Satan

Edited by Buffalo716

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.