This fan base, sometime, is very concerning

I think a part of it is a natural letdown from Miami.

Going 5-0 down the stretch, climbing out of the hole, catching and passing Miami.

Now you have to reset and climb another mountain.

Also, the thing that is gnawing at me is the injuries. The Bills had a clean injury report going into Miami. They were the opening day Bills minus Milano (Douglas replaces Tre White). 

Now they have a ripped shoulder, two knee ligament strains and a concussion. 

Now, I think we should still beat the Steelers, but Kansas City after that is looming and I’m hoping that Douglas and Davis could be back for that game, because Sherfield as your #2 is going to catch up with you eventually. 

And eventually Douglas not being there will be felt. 

I also worry about this coaching staff playing Von Miller because of who he was instead of putting better players on the field - Kingsley Jonathan & Linval Joseph. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

3 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

We lost to the Jets and Patriots, who are two of the absolute worst teams in the NFL.  We also lost to the Jaguars, Bengals and Broncos, none of whom managed to make the playoffs over this very Steelers team.  The awful Giants took us to the final wire.  And with literally everything on the line only a couple weeks ago, the Chargers and Patriots (again) did the same thing.

Yes.  This team has the potential to be great.  This team has the potential to go all the way.  But this team has also shown that it cannot get out of its own way with sloppy and undisciplined football.

Will that change now that we've reset and the postseason begins?  We feel on top of the world after the Dolphins game, and I'd like to think so.  However, recent history has proven the 2023 Buffalo Bills simply can't make things easy for themselves.  And that's why many fans are nervous.

• Like (+1) 1

We got the playoffs, we got the second seed, we got the home field advantage, we got the seventh seed team, but we still keep on worry very much, too much !

I mean, not that it would be a cake walk, but damn, we play at home, we have Josh Allen and they have Mason Rudolph, they are without their best player TJ WATT, but we still here in panic mode. 

I really dunno: do you think, honestly, that the Chiefs fans, 49ers fans, Ravens fans, Eagles fans, etc, would they feel so worried like us for playing the TJ WATTless Steelers at home? I don’t think so. 

So tell me, where start all this worry, all this fear about the sunday game ? Is that truly justified ? 

No, if we can't beat some no name QB named mason it doesn't matter we are not winning a Superbowl we have a superstar QB now it time to start playing like he is fully capable.  we have seen it before in the playoffs.  any of us worrying about the steelers is just dumb, it not going to change anything and to be honest they are just not that good... I know any given Sunday. 

Our online fan base is kind of toxic. You'll enjoy the games better if you keep the fans at arms length, or at least be very selective in who you choose to pay attention to.

• Agree 1

Preseason stats.. bills out gain the steelers. 339- 265.   Barkley threw 3 int.. Allen was 7-10 for 67  bills had 13 pen steels has 4.  and we lost by 12 points...  

id say we are fine...   

Edited by gordong

The mediocre Steelers plays at Kansas City in last years Wild Card.  The Steelers actually led 7-0 in the 2nd Qtr after a TJ Watt fumble return TD.  But then Kansas City scored 35 straight points spanning mid-2nd Qtr through mid-3rd Qtr.   That is how you do it as a big favorite.  You bury them on Offense, Defense and Special Teams.   

What point of this season did you check out at ? I'm glad the Bills are where they are at but they are lucky to be there in some ways . Sure they played well enough to beat 5 good teams in a row but there are a lot of teams they should have beat along the way that they didn't .

Then there is the saying which is very true "Any given Sunday" you can receive a a** whooping on those days during the season by a bad team so until Josh is on the podium holding the Lombardi in his hands with his team mates around him yah i'll be worrying about the team getting there and who they are playing .

3 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

When you look at the quality of competition we managed to lose to throughout the course of this season, yes my nerves are 100% justified. 

Zach Wilson led Jets beat us.

Mac Jones led Pats beat us. 

Broncos that gave up 70 to the fish beat us.

I'd be willing to say without double checking... most of our losses came to subpar or non playoff teams. Some downright sad. 

Eagles lost to Jets and Cardinals. Cowboys lost to the Cardinals, Chiefs lost to Broncos and Raiders, Browns lost to a Burrow-less Bengals, and the list goes on. All top teams. Welcome to the NFL where it’s any given Sunday 

Definitely not in panic mode, but i’m also not taking the Steelers lightly. They’ve been playing well over the past 3 games.

I was shocked at how confident their fans are on their forum. They absolutely expect to beat us.

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

We're 0-4 in road playoff games. 

Of the four playoff games we've won, three are Wild-Card games, all four home games.  

Of those three games, two were against marginal playoff teams to begin with, all three at home.  10-7 New England with Mac Jones, Damien Harris, and Jakobi Meyers as their three top skill-position players, and 9-8 Miami with Skylar Thompson playing QB and JAG Jeff Wilson as a RB.  The other was against Indy, which outplayed us here at home with Rivers at QB and the rookie WR Pittman as their only decent WR.  

Miami was the 7th Seed, New England the 6th Seed, and Indy also the 7th Seed.  

The only solid playoff game we've played has been against Baltimore a week after that Indy game where we won 17-3, but where Baltimore, apart from Jackson and Andrews (TE) featured a bunch of mediocre all but JAG skill position players.  

The Ravens were the 5th Seed.  

To date we've never beaten a 1st thru 4th Seeded team.  

We have our work cut out for us this playoffs.  We're all hoping for a Super Bowl run, but our playoff history is somewhat sordid.  

Beating Pitt at home and the winner of the the KC/Miami game also at home are musts for this playoffs to be a success for us, at minimum.  Then if Baltimore gets upset, so would be a home game AFC CG win.  

Meh....have fun hiding in your closet. Bills at the final table and have the second biggest pile of chips. Maybe they get all the cards for the next 4 hands and win easily...maybe they don't. You assemble a team and play the season to put as many odds as you can in your favor...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

How long have you been a Bills Fan? I mean, do you really need an explanation? 

Post more often. You will get along well with the fan blamers and fan haters. One is already relating to you quite well in this thread.

Lol, fan blamers / fan haters, lol those optimistic fans really do suck, hate it when folk see the positive…, 

GO BILLS!!!

2 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Preseason count zero to me. 

Since 1989 is enough time ? 

....so since 1989?...you've experienced 4 straight SB loses...Music City Forward Lateral....13 Seconds and you still ask why Bills fans are always concerned?....now that's concerning!

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

I think what the OP is noting is the contrast between Bills fans and Steelers fans levels of confidence in online posts. Steelers fans are absolutely sure that they are winning it all, all due to beating the Bengals (in the game when Browning turned back into a pumpkin), Seahawks, and the Ravens backups. Somebody had to win the 7th seed in the AFC and they backed into it due to an epic collapse by the Jags. Meanwhile, Bills fans are actively searching for every potential way that their team could lose the game despite a five-game winning streak with wins over the Chiefs, Cowboys, and Dolphins.  Do you know that the Steelers give up more yards per game on the ground than the Bills (or Cowboys) do? Do you know that Najee Harris” only two 100-yard games came against the second-worst run defense and the Ravens third-stringers?  You know, if the Jags and Colts had won the Bills would be facing the Colts and JT in a snow game. Would that make people feel better?

I get it. We are just guarding ourselves from potential disappointment. What I don’t get is the chest thumping from Pittsburgh. 

Straight on my point. 

1 hour ago, mjt328 said:

We lost to the Jets and Patriots, who are two of the absolute worst teams in the NFL.  We also lost to the Jaguars, Bengals and Broncos, none of whom managed to make the playoffs over this very Steelers team.  The awful Giants took us to the final wire.  And with literally everything on the line only a couple weeks ago, the Chargers and Patriots (again) did the same thing.

Yes.  This team has the potential to be great.  This team has the potential to go all the way.  But this team has also shown that it cannot get out of its own way with sloppy and undisciplined football.

Will that change now that we've reset and the postseason begins?  We feel on top of the world after the Dolphins game, and I'd like to think so.  However, recent history has proven the 2023 Buffalo Bills simply can't make things easy for themselves.  And that's why many fans are nervous.

You remember that all of those losses come when Dorsey was the OC right ? I know that our offense isn’t yet brilliant, but man, night and day difference with the Ken Dorsey one. 

1 hour ago, gordong said:

No, if we can't beat some no name QB named mason it doesn't matter we are not winning a Superbowl we have a superstar QB now it time to start playing like he is fully capable.  we have seen it before in the playoffs.  any of us worrying about the steelers is just dumb, it not going to change anything and to be honest they are just not that good... I know any given Sunday. 

Finally somebody come here with some good attitude. 

Much of my outlook for this team changed AFTER the game on Sunday night, when I saw/heard Diggs and Josh say “four more” to each other as they hugged on the field. It was at that point that I finally felt that the players themselves understand the opportunity ahead of them. Until then these guys quite frankly looked like a group that was often just going through the motions of yet another season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.