Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I would be concerned about Fournette and ball security. He's never played in this.

No, but he has a fantastic record of ball security otherwise and is strong enough to drag some guys in the snow. 

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The frozen locusts will have the same impact as frozen iguanas.  They will pour down from the sky, lowering visibility and rendering footing challenging.  During periods of heavy locust precipitation, the trajectory of the ball during a pass or kick may be affected.

The helmet-wearing players on the field will not be impacted too much by the frozen locust fall, but coaches and players on the bench should consider protective headgear for the game.

When did they move the Browns game to Detroit?  Seems like it was relatively last minute.

I don't think this game will be moved, though.

Detroit is a much bigger city, but I don't remember all of the specifics. I think the decision has already been made by noon Friday. 

46 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I'm not sure if some know the how bad the weather conditions favor the Steelers. Let me try to make my points. 

The Steelers are all run team and a good run team. They aren't easy to stop. Their schemes are complex, diverse, and hard to predict. They employ gap, zone, and power running. It's an absolute strength of theirs. 

Is the Buffalo D vs the run suspect? Absolutely, I think it's safe to say they are a middling run stop D. That's probably being a little kind. 

Let's talk Buffalo's run game. Cook has absolutely sucked since the cowboy game. That was a one off for sure. I believe in the last 3 games he's average the lowest yards after contact for RBs. Not to mention his ball control issues. I think we are all going to cringe and hold our breath when he gets the rock. 

How effective will Allen be running? How often will he be a designed runner? Will the Steelers have a spy? 

If there is serious wind the Bills pass game will be severely downgraded. Huge tactical loss for the Bills! 

Joe Marino made a statement that really stick in my head. He stated  "don't let Pitt control the game script." I agree 100%. The problem is the weather is likely to control the game script for Pitt!!!

As for myself, I don't want to get into a running game match with Pitt. This is a recipe to lose. 

I would counter that when McDermott can make a team one-dimensional, he’s usually very effective.

I’d go back to the Ravens Playoff game where they were the team with the run game advantage but couldn’t really do much of anything.

That being said.. if we struggle to score, all it takes is a turnover in a bad spot or missed gap and we’re chasing them.  

We also are a middling run defense because McD prioritizes defending the pass.   There really isn’t a reason a DL consisting of Joseph, Oliver, Jones, Rousseau, Floyd and Lawson shouldn’t be dominant against the run if they want to be. ….but they’re going to have to be, especially if Dodson can’t go. 

I think we all know this is a huge advantage for the Steelers if the conditions severely limit our passing attack.   

• Like (+1) 6

58 minutes ago, gordong said:

dont see anyway this doesn't force their hand now

There’s some speculation that they maybe issued a state of emergency because of the game. Now that they have pulled that lever the state and start sending in resources to help with traffic/roads

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

The frozen locusts will have the same impact as frozen iguanas.  They will pour down from the sky, lowering visibility and rendering footing challenging.  During periods of heavy locust precipitation, the trajectory of the ball during a pass or kick may be affected.

The helmet-wearing players on the field will not be impacted too much by the frozen locust fall, but coaches and players on the bench should consider protective headgear for the game.

I must admit I did not consider the possibility of frozen locusts falling from the sky.  I only considered the possibility of the locusts flying into the stadium on their own.

Excellent point!

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

Detroit is a much bigger city, but I don't remember all of the specifics. I think the decision has already been made by noon Friday. 

yep I think you’re right , it may have even been Thursday.  I remember my wife coming into my man-cave to tell me (and suggest they we should grab tickets and take the kids as kind of a last minute thing!) after I had finished up with some work meeting

21 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I just don't want the weather to be the reason we lose, if we were to lose. If we win, we most likely get The Chiefs, at home, for once!! I want to see Josh beat Mahomes so we don't have to listen to that narrative that he can't get past him when it counts. I don't want the weather screwing with this setup. I can handle a loss if I feel the other team was the better team or just flat out outplays us. If it comes down to fluky stuff it will be a long off season.

At this point i’m just going with the flow. If we’re destined to win, avenge Mahomes in the playoffs and ascend to greatness then it’s  meant to be.  If not, then it wasn’t our time and I’ll be disappointed for a day and move on.

But maybe, just maybe the weather Sunday will crush any chance the Steelers would have had and we will all be giddy on Sunday eve after a big Bills victory. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have to be honest, this absolutely sucks. As we’re building a $2 billion dollar stadium right next door with no roof.

If we lose this game because of the weather the anger will be turned to Pegula.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s not awful. Monday at 430 pm would be fantastic 

I apologize. I have been expecting the cloud of doom and gloom.

Of course I would like the game to be at the normal time Sunday. But barring that, moving it to 4:30 Monday is better at this point than trying to move locations or have us all terrified that a literal force majure is going to matter more than the talent on the field.

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

As for myself, I don't want to get into a running game match with Pitt. This is a recipe to lose. 

Harris and Warren have combined for 32 carries and 89 yds for 0 TDs in last years and 2021 game vs Bills.  If Rudolph can’t throw pretty sure Bills D will shut down PIT run game 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.