Head coach carousel 2024 edition

djp14150

My dream scenario would be Dolphins get embarrassed so badly, they fire Mike McDaniel after another late season collapse.

Then to spite the franchise that let him go, he joins the enemy Buffalo Bills as the new offensive coordinator.

It'll never happen, and many Bills fans would probably hate the idea, but I think he'd do wonders for Allen.

Oh, and while I'm in fantasy land, Jim Schwartz gets bored with Cleveland & wants to accept a lateral move to take over the Bills DC position once again 😉

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BigDingus said:

My dream scenario would be Dolphins get embarrassed so badly, they fire Mike McDaniel after another late season collapse.

Then to spite the franchise that let him go, he joins the enemy Buffalo Bills as the new offensive coordinator.

It'll never happen, and many Bills fans would probably hate the idea, but I think he'd do wonders for Allen.

Oh, and while I'm in fantasy land, Jim Schwartz gets bored with Cleveland & wants to accept a lateral move to take over the Bills DC position once again 😉

Oh this would be amazing! Can’t see it happening but we can dream. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

lol…How do you figure that …?

Dallas would be Pittsburgh … had most of their success a few decades back … but at least they had some....

Comparing offenses, defenses, and coaching talent. 

27 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Think vrabel will be headed to Ohio st

Vrabel would be a nice head coach for the Bills. Tough hard nosed guy. Fits the Buffalo culture. Just don't like that he's not offensive minded. No huge advantage over McClapper. Hard pass. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Me.  If I'm Vrabel, Atlanta seems like a much more attractive destination.

Find a serviceable QB and boom.  

And no Allen 2x a year. Plus that division is one of the easiest in the NFL.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

That short passing timing game requires speed on the skill players for the YAC.  We currently don't have players with that speed except may be Cook, but he simply cannot hold on to the football.

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Think vrabel will be headed to Ohio st

Good call on the connection and OSU needing a change at HC. But I dont think Vrabel is cut out for College Football life, and the recruiting, and having to field an SEC-type team and passing attack while in the Big10 to stay competitive.

39 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Me.  If I'm Vrabel, Atlanta seems like a much more attractive destination.

Find a serviceable QB and boom.  

Imo, Vrabel will go to a team which already has a high potential QB or in position to draft one high. He will not make the same mistake of rotating cast away QBs. 

6 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Imo, Vrabel will go to a team which already has a high potential QB or in position to draft one high. He will not make the same mistake of rotating cast away QBs. 

+1.  The Chargers...He will make a good defense out of the star players there and he will have a franchise QB.

BTW, one question - Why do all the media call it that "Coach XYZ got FIRED".   Why couldn't they just say that the team have parted ways after mutual discussion.

Raiders

Chargers

Atlanta

Washington

Tennessee

Carolina

*New England 

Currently six openings and soon to be seven if Bill B is released. That’s almost 25%  of the total openings. Makes me wonder what’s been the most HC openings at the end of a season. It’s certainly a win or be gone position with less time to start winning.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

lol…How do you figure that …?

Dallas would be Pittsburgh … had most of their success a few decades back … but at least they had some....

I can see Dallas in that Dallas was always known as America's team and back in the 70's that probably was the case.  Even today still the most popular, but many people are Bills fans now because of their style of play with Allen.  The Bills also may be the most followed team when losing.  Go back 10 years ago when losing every year, they still had a big following.  NE is ranked 2nd, but give it a couple more years of losing and see where they go.  No one followed them before Tom Brady.  Some teams have big following only because of size of city they are in like Giants, Bears.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.