Joe Brady vs Ken Dorsey- Has He Been Better?

After watching the offense slog along yesterday I wanted to go back and look at the statistics over the last six weeks to see how much of a difference Brady has been.    Looking over the stats, it seems like a bit of a push in terms of offensive success.  What Brady has done better is exactly what McDermott kept harping on "complimentary football."    Brady has taken the air out of the offense and replaced it with ground success, and in doing so, cut down on the turnovers.     

Can the Bills keep it up at this pace?   Can they rely on the defense to keep playing out of their minds and hope a successful running game can move them forward?  Personally, I think the Bills are playing on a razors edge and will end up bit.    The Bills really need to consider looking outside of the organization at guys like Eric Bienemy, and Kellen Moore in the offseason to attempt and fix the passing game.  

image.thumb.png.c9a4ff68d104d0949385a89a70278777.png 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

I believe the OP left off the W-L percentage under each Off Coord. 

Valid point made, 

• Agree 1

Looking over the stats - 37 runs vs NE against 31 drop backs.  

I wonder if Brady sensed this was going to be a game the Pats were daring us to throw and he refused to get baited and limited the INT risk.  Like he just thought this isn’t going to be a 2 or 3 INT game and I know our defense has this under control.  

Maybe.  It’s not often you see us run that much.  I know 11 of it was Allen but that counts.  I think felt Allen wasn’t feeling it - that’s part of what an OC has to see in game.  Of course I’d like him to fix it in game.  Who is the coach on field with Allen to get in his face and wake him up?  

Same v the Chargers.  

Basically, let’s not repeat week 1.  

I think all that’s happened is we feel we have an upgrade at OC but we need to pump the brakes on he’s a definite solution.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Maybe on the same issues just with a different tilt. They still lack rhythm and sustained drives. Brady has benefited from a D that has generated turnovers at a high rate - 13 in the past 6 weeks. They only had 2 in Dorsey’s final 5 weeks. That is huge. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

If you throw out the outlier game of Dallas, I would say they are not better and might be worse.  Maybe not statistically, but the offense just doesn't look in sync.  These last two games were ugly performance wise.  At a time when the offense should be humming, it just feels like it is sputtering.  Doesn't feel playoff caliber at the moment.  Drops, Diggs getting 5-30, Davis going Missing In Action on the stat sheet, Knox a non-factor, etc all feel off to me.  He gets one more chance this weekend to right the ship against a banged up Miami defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Are we stopping BAL from scoring? Are we stopping KC if they get their act together? Heck HOU and CLE can put up points. I don’t have much confidence a run first attack could keep up. The passing game will be required in the playoffs. Could be wrong and we return to the old days, but playoff football is a different beast. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Let’s put it this way. The Joe Brady offense has frustrated me more than the Ken Dorsey offense. Mostly due to the WRs screens. Both had their inconsistency. I think it’s mostly a player issue than a coaching issue. Players too inconsistent. But hey, at least we motion.

Dorsey scored 48 vs Miami, good luck Brady. 

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.