Who in the AFC would teams rather not see in the playoffs?

Rubes

20 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

The Ravens in Baltimore.

I would rather not play an away game.

We need to close 2-0 and take the #2 seed. 

Assuming the Browns beat the AFC S winner, the Bills likely get the winner of Miami v KC at home. 

So if the Browns are everything that they are billed to be, we will be playing  the Browns for the Super Bowl in Buffalo. Would be an epic game. 

So wild. A few weeks ago the Bills were dead in the water. Now they're potentially two wins away from the 2 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

No team outside of San Francisco seriously scare me. The biggest hurdle the Bills have is not playing to their talent, if they do they can beat anybody in the league. 

Only teams with great QBs scare me. It's a QB driven league. Great QBs in the Super Bowl year after year.

Buffalo

Baltimore

KC

Philly

But I am rooting for 49ers or Detroit from NFC and they'd certainly be a tough out

21 hours ago, Rubes said:

The thinking for the last couple of weeks has been the Bills...but I wonder how many are now saying it's the Browns?

Browns have most all the ingredients you might want:

• Super strong defense
  • Excellent offensive line
  • Savvy veteran QB experiencing a resurgence
  • One of the top WRs in Cooper
  • Very good running game

-The Bills have a better offensive line

- Savvy veteran QB lmao. The bills have JOSH ALLEN

- Diggs is as good as Cooper

- The Browns no longer have Chubb . Cook is better than anyone the Browns currently have.

Not to mention the bills have recent playoff success. The bills are a much bigger threat than the Browns. 

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So this thread is a perfect example of over analyzing everything the Bills do/don’t do and just looking at scores and records of other teams. Flacco, nice story but look who they have played. He has more than half of the turnovers Josh had and has only played 5 games. Good defense, no doubt, but they did give up 17 in the first half to the Jets the other night (yes they only gave up 3 after the half)

Dolphins finally beat a team with a winning record. I don’t think that defense is anywhere near as good as they have shown lately (again, look who they have played, specifically the QBs they have played)

I get it, we are all Bills fans so naturally we are more invested in them. If you look objectively at the other teams, there’s not a team that should scare you-outside of the Bills having a letdown 

Well, sorry to disappoint you with the thread, but I also disagree. It's not a matter of "over analyzing everything," it's doing what a lot of people are doing and trying to look relatively objectively at who are the hot teams going into the playoffs. I acknowledged right off that the Browns haven't beaten a murderer's row of competition, but they've still done so fairly convincingly. Hey, they didn't struggle with a down-and-out Jets team the way we struggled with the down-and-out Chargers (and their defense only allowed 10 points to the Jets in the first half).

You can't argue with the fact that Flacco is experiencing a resurgence (and yes, you can argue that his turnovers are a problem, but he's throwing for a lot of yards and plenty of TDs) and you can't argue with how elite their defense is. It was just a simple question: are the Browns a team that other teams are not looking forwad to facing in the playoffs? I say yes, you say no. No need to insult a thread over that.

Flacco has made some really puzzling decisions and is turnover prone. The Browns OL is not very good at pass pro. Njoku has been a revelation. But consider who they're mopping up in this streak. A decimated Jaguars teams off that Bengals Monday night game, which they still have yet to recover from. Then it took a miraculous Bear collapse to win at home vs Chicago. Then a Stroudless Texans team whose defense is among the worst in football. Then the Jets who have routinely been destroyed by playoff teams. That defense IS very good and even better at home. Also props to Stefanski as he has really scripted Flacco into some great PA calls with wide open WR's. Flacco also throws a great deep ball, still, just not fully sold that this team is dangerous. Most teams can beat most team in these playoffs and to me they qualify as most teams. 

Baltimore is also not a team I'm concerned with. They hit like a MF, but we have the script on Lamar. That offense is dependent on downfield plays and Lamar doing Lamar things with his legs. To McD's credit, that's about the worst style you can try against us. We have been excellent in lane discipline with mobile teams and we will not give up much over top. If we play "Allen" defense vs Baltimore which is what we are designed to do and force them to beat us 3-5 yards at a time a playoff Lamar will fail. 

While I'm not super bullish on the Bills, I do still feel like they're the most dangerous. I'm not bullish because I'm holding this team up to previous iterations and I just don't feel we are as good. That said, we are playing a more playoff friendly style with Brady calling plays. We have a closer in Josh, defense is improving, getting healthier. Nobody in the AFC this year looks like they can role us. If you can't role us Colts or Bengals style, we are very dangerous. We will occasionally role a good team ala Miami and if we can preserve a late lead, Allen will put you in that spot in most competitive games. 

43 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Well, sorry to disappoint you with the thread, but I also disagree. It's not a matter of "over analyzing everything," it's doing what a lot of people are doing and trying to look relatively objectively at who are the hot teams going into the playoffs. I acknowledged right off that the Browns haven't beaten a murderer's row of competition, but they've still done so fairly convincingly. Hey, they didn't struggle with a down-and-out Jets team the way we struggled with the down-and-out Chargers (and their defense only allowed 10 points to the Jets in the first half).

You can't argue with the fact that Flacco is experiencing a resurgence (and yes, you can argue that his turnovers are a problem, but he's throwing for a lot of yards and plenty of TDs) and you can't argue with how elite their defense is. It was just a simple question: are the Browns a team that other teams are not looking forwad to facing in the playoffs? I say yes, you say no. No need to insult a thread over that.

I wasn’t just talking about you, there are a lot of responses very similar to yours. I also acknowledged I get why-we are Bills fans, so every small detail we don’t like we come in here and complain/start a thread/think the world is ending…it’s what we do. To your one point, the Bills didn’t struggle the second time with a down and out Jets team either.

It’s that BBFS that many have on here-if they aren’t perfect, they’re going to be exposed-just think back to a couple of weeks ago in that Dallas game. Not really much to complain about at all in that one, but there were ill a lot of complaints. On the flip side, people just look at the Browns winning the last couple of games, completely ignoring they beat a down and out Bears team.

wasn’t a personal attack on you, but you took it that way. It happens 

2 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

Browns & Bills are pretty similar.

All this Lamar MVP talk will go away when they lose their opening playoff game. 

49ers lost McCaffrey and Samuel in that game if I remember.  Also think they had a couple other injuries during or before the game.

They beat Burrow when he was on one leg after missing entire training camp and had no business playing in week 1.

Browns are paper tigers with 1 quality win at Baltimore on there resume. 

Browns just lost Hopkins who was in the running for AllPro Kicker. 

Bills have some bad losses but also some good wins. All their losses are close. Bills getting healthy at the right time.  

• Agree 1

What I would like to see most of all:

Kansas City loses their final 2 (Bengals & Chargers)

Las Vegas wins their final 2 (Colts & Broncos)

The likelihood of all four of those games falling the way I want is admittedly slim BUT:

That would give the AFCW to the Raiders and knock Mahomes and the Chiefs out of the playoffs completely. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

What I would like to see most of all:

Kansas City loses their final 2 (Bengals & Chargers)

Las Vegas wins their final 2 (Colts & Broncos)

The likelihood of all four of those games falling the way I want is admittedly slim BUT:

That would give the AFCE to the Raiders and knock Mahomes and the Chiefs out of the playoffs completely. 

AFCW to Raiders (you said AFCE).  I want to see this too.

Everyone is correct about the Browns/Flacco turning it over a lot, but the Browns defense is good at mitigating/balancing things out. In the last 4 games:

Browns - 3 turnovers / Jags - 4 turnovers

Browns - 3 turnovers / Bears - 3 turnovers

Browns - 2 turnovers / Texans - 2 turnovers

Browns - 3 turnovers / Jets - 2 turnovers

Granted, none of the last 4 teams are great, but it does show the Browns are very opportunistic. If the Bills went on the road & turned it over 2-3 times against this team, it's very unlikely they would win. 

Aside from the Browns, the Bills are a mixed bag on the road in general. There's not a specific team I'd be most worried about, but the Bills are 7-1 this year when they limit themselves to 1 or 0 turnovers.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:49 PM, Rubes said:

The thinking for the last couple of weeks has been the Bills...but I wonder how many are now saying it's the Browns?

Browns have most all the ingredients you might want:

• Super strong defense
  • Excellent offensive line
  • Savvy veteran QB experiencing a resurgence
  • One of the top WRs in Cooper
  • Very good running game

They haven't faced a murderer's row of opponents lately, but they're thrashing people and really starting to peak at the right time. Of all the teams in the AFC right now, even compared with the Dolphins and Ravens, I think they are going to do some serious damage in the playoffs.

Assuming they get their kicking game straightened out...

Bring them all...they bleed the same.

On 12/29/2023 at 4:53 PM, LeGOATski said:

Nah. They're a tough team, but Flacco is still a weakness. He's an immobile, old pocket passer. That doesn't get it done in the playoffs unless you're a cerebral cheater like Brady.

Flacco has been quietly turning the ball over a ton and they’ve been seeing a lot of bad teams lately…I think they’re gonna get smoked in the first round 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

So this thread is a perfect example of over analyzing everything the Bills do/don’t do and just looking at scores and records of other teams. Flacco, nice story but look who they have played. He has more than half of the turnovers Josh had and has only played 5 games. Good defense, no doubt, but they did give up 17 in the first half to the Jets the other night (yes they only gave up 3 after the half)

Dolphins finally beat a team with a winning record. I don’t think that defense is anywhere near as good as they have shown lately (again, look who they have played, specifically the QBs they have played)

I get it, we are all Bills fans so naturally we are more invested in them. If you look objectively at the other teams, there’s not a team that should scare you-outside of the Bills having a letdown 

Same can be said for the Bills as far as over-analyzing Yeah they are winning but outside of the Dallas game they haven't played that great.  They barely beat both KC and LA.  

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

49ers lost McCaffrey and Samuel in that game if I remember.  Also think they had a couple other injuries during or before the game.

They beat Burrow when he was on one leg after missing entire training camp and had no business playing in week 1.

Browns are paper tigers with 1 quality win at Baltimore on there resume. 

Browns just lost Hopkins who was in the running for AllPro Kicker. 

Bills have some bad losses but also some good wins. All their losses are close. Bills getting healthy at the right time.  

Lol, put down whatever you're drinking. Deebo got knocked out of the game in the 1st Q after starting a pregame fight, McCaffrey got hurt in the game as well. The "paper tiger" Browns had to start PJ Walker and they rallied from being down 10-0 vs SF. 

Browns have 13 starters on IR and have won 11 games.

Yes, in a few losses they looked bad (Rams, Broncos, Ratbirds).

They're a dangerous & talented team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.