New England Week

TFBillsfan

7 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

you can come to this forum to read just about anything I love it

You must hate facts then. If you don't think the Bills will beat the Dolphins then go be a fan of another team.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Simon said:

The fact that you are adamant that there is no freaking way the Bills should lose on the road to the team with the 2nd best record in the NFL is hilarious. :lol:

How is it hilarious? There are TONS of people (it's definitely the majority of posters in here) who think that the Bills can "beat anybody, at any time", and are primed to go on a SB run, so why can't I jump on that bandwagon? I've also frequently read in here that Miami has only beat ONE team this year that has a winning record, so they're really not that good. Plus, the Bills already beat the pulp out of the Fish earlier this year, so....

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know the staggered weekend has thrown off the normal schedule routine, but I am a bit surprised at how little I am hearing about the Bills. I know that there were splashier results in more advertised games (Cowboys vs Dolphins, Ravens vs Niners) and a bigger upset (Chiefs loss) but very little about how the Bills clawed their way to the 6th seed with the potential to jump to #2.

I haven't heard a peep about Allen's incredible game winning drive with two tough as nails throws on 3rd and 10 to get us into FG range. All I've heard talk about is his turnovers. Even from Bills fans, it's like everyone just takes his clutchness for granted now.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

How is it hilarious? There are TONS of people (it's definitely the majority of posters in here) who think that the Bills can "beat anybody, at any time", and are primed to go on a SB run, so why can't I jump on that bandwagon? I've also frequently read in here that Miami has only beat ONE team this year that has a winning record, so they're really not that good. Plus, the Bills already beat the pulp out of the Fish earlier this year, so....

The Bills can beat anybody, at any time, and also lose to anybody, at any time.  I have never seen a team so consistently inconsistent, or who so frequently plays to the level of their opponents.  

That said, I do think the Bills should beat Miami, they've been very successful against them with Allen historically and whalloped them earlier this year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

The Bills can beat anybody, at any time, and also lose to anybody, at any time.  I have never seen a team so consistently inconsistent, or who so frequently plays to the level of their opponents.  

That said, I do think the Bills should beat Miami, they've been very successful against them with Allen historically and whalloped them earlier this year.

Any team can lose to any team any given week. But very few can beat any team any week. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Many folks here rightly think that the Bills are capable of beating any team. Pretty much everyone recognizes we are inconsistent. Many have frequently questioned the acumen of our head coach, and some wonder about officiating. Few are arrogant and dim in the manner you insinuate. It's a trollish exaggeration.

It's absolutely true that Miami has only beaten one team with a winning record. That does not mean they are really not that good, but they have yet to establish they can beat clearly good teams. Dallas on the road is not a very good team. The Cowboys are not coached by a genius. And Miami did not win convincingly. If they beat the Ravens, the narrative will change. 

I have not read anyone arrogantly assuming an easy win on the road against a team with a prolific offense. Folks have noted the decimated Miami oline, and that Josh Allen normally plays well against the Fish. There is reason for guarded optimism, and naturally, many thought the season was over after the injuries that hit in London, and excruciating losses. We've rebounded like we did in 2021, so folks are both relieved and happy, thinking we might indeed be able to go on a Super Bowl run. If all you can do is mock that, it says more about you than the majority of posters here.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It’s crazy the Bills’ top 3 players on offense are turnovers and/or drops waiting to happen. The Pats are the kind of team that will take advantage of that to win. 

No turnovers and the Bills should win comfortably. More turnovers and critical

drops and the Pats will win. 

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It’s crazy the Bills’ top 3 players on offense are turnovers and/or drops waiting to happen. The Pats are the kind of team that will take advantage of that to win. 

No turnovers and the Bills should win comfortably. More turnovers and critical

drops and the Pats will win. 

I appreciate their win over Denver the other day... but if I were a Pats fan - I would be pissed they keep messing up their draft order.

2 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

One could also say it's difficult to beat a division rival two times in a season, the dolphins have a huge home field advantage, which Bills team shows up, and they might have a letdown or exhausted making a run. 

Not saying I believe any of that but it's plausible. Point being there are always different ways to see and analyze things. Agree?

2 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Any team can lose to any team any given week. But very few can beat any team any week. 

This may be applicable here:

”Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know.” - Donald Rumsfeld

🤪😜😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Many folks here rightly think that the Bills are capable of beating any team. Pretty much everyone recognizes we are inconsistent. Many have frequently questioned the acumen of our head coach, and some wonder about officiating. Few are arrogant and dim in the manner you insinuate. It's a trollish exaggeration.

It's absolutely true that Miami has only beaten one team with a winning record. That does not mean they are really not that good, but they have yet to establish they can beat clearly good teams. Dallas on the road is not a very good team. The Cowboys are not coached by a genius. And Miami did not win convincingly. If they beat the Ravens, the narrative will change. 

I have not read anyone arrogantly assuming an easy win on the road against a team with a prolific offense. Folks have noted the decimated Miami oline, and that Josh Allen normally plays well against the Fish. There is reason for guarded optimism, and naturally, many thought the season was over after the injuries that hit in London, and excruciating losses. We've rebounded like we did in 2021, so folks are both relieved and happy, thinking we might indeed be able to go on a Super Bowl run. If all you can do is mock that, it says more about you than the majority of posters here.

In my post that you made this reply to, my sentence about Miami being not that good because they have only beaten one winning team WAS NOT my assertion. You interpreted that sentence incorrectly. I was just restating what MANY posters in here are now saying/have said about the Fish.

So, MANY people in here think that the Bills *should* beat them, no matter where they play. I think that way too, but not because I think they’re (Fish) not good. The Bills are the more talented, better team.

And it’s still nowhere near “hilarious” to think that the Buffalo Bills will go in to Hard Rock Stadium and dispatch the Dolphins to the 5, 6, or 7 seed. That’s what I had a problem with. It may be overconfident, brash, aggressive, or bold, but it’s nowhere near hilarious. 😉 And MANY people in here agree with me too.

Finally, posting an opinion YOU don’t agree with is not “trollish”, rather, it’s just another view….no need to throw insults and get all high & mighty.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I haven't heard a peep about Allen's incredible game winning drive with two tough as nails throws on 3rd and 10 to get us into FG range. All I've heard talk about is his turnovers. Even from Bills fans, it's like everyone just takes his clutchness for granted now.

I avoid the talking heads because I get nothing out of it but since I have been sick for two damn weeks I have watched a lot of this garbage on utube.  

It seems there is a whole group of former players who all have something in common which i wont mention who seem to take it personal when it comes to allen and will not give him credit.  They literally seem to get mad if someone says he is as good as mahomes, tua, hurts, dak, jackson etc.

I will leave it at that.  

I will also say I saw that halfwit Dez Bryant on twitter saying saturday night that diggs needs to get up out of Buffalo because Allen isn't good enough to get him the ball.  

I don't why, how or when this started but its pretty stupid.  I don't get mad about it and I find it kind 0f pathetic that this is what these networks are at the moment and the best they can do.  

Anyway.  I think its going to take a huge game from Allen to win this week and I hope he comes through.

Edited by MikePJ76

35 minutes ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

I feel its a trap game. Just like the chargers, they came out flat in NE's first game

Yeah, but it's also at home and not 3200 miles away. We basically pissed on our leg as bad as possible the first game in NE and still got cheated out of a win by a crap flag pickup. Mac Jones also played the game of his life. The chances of all that happening again and at home... nah. We good.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Whiners gonna whine…, 

3 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

There is no place or tolerance on this board for logic and well executed thoughts. 

please refrain from such behaviour in the future.  

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.