I think it's time to activate Fournette

JÂy RÛßeÒ

6 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Let's give the Chiefs something they haven't seen before to react to.  Eat up some clock, keep their O off the field, impose our will.  All that stuff.

I agree 100%.  Play action to him on the 1st snap from scrimmage and then go deep.  After that, let him hammer their butts.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm fine with him playing if the coaches think he will out perform Murray or Johnson. Johnson has been pretty good and I'd like to see him keep playing, so my guess is they'd make Murray inactive for fornette. I don't think fornette is gonna come in and rush for 75 yards or something though. He'd be a backup to cook. I don't think he'd have a huge role like some here seem to think 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If he was good enough to play he would have been active by now. They are not going to activate him unless there is an injury. Murray has been the good in pass protection and occasionally has a good run.  

Some of you guys got some serious rose colored glasses when it comes to Murray.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yes. He actually deserves more touches. Big, powerful, and fast. Go with Cook and Johnson for a game and see what happens.

He also was a good DB in high school and he still has speed.  I wonder if it be good idea for him to take practices as DB to know scheme and be an emergency DB.  If we have multiple injuries for DBs which happened before it would be good to have someone else who has taken spans and active.

• Like (+1) 1

I like and have wanted to see more physical ground and pound.. But not this week. Gimme speed speed and more speed as I’m prepared for a shootout. I want to see Andy Isabela play 10-12 of gabes snaps and just run go routes. KC looks horrible on offense, so you already know they’ll get right this game and probably put up 30+ points and 400+ yards. 

11 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Disagree.  Besides needing to learn the offense and get into game shape, we changed OC’s since he joined the team as well.   After seeing the Packers pound the ball w Dillon last weekend, I would not be surprised to see Fournette get called up this weekend over Ty Johnson.

I'd rather see Murray sit if Fournette is called up

10 hours ago, uninja said:

For real, that dude runs like he's angry at the ground. Dunno why it took a while for him to get some snaps. I blame Dorsey.

Or McDermott. You know how the "loyalty" goes with McDermott. I've been saying all along that Johnson should be carrying the rock more than Murray. I'd love to see him and Cook get equal shares. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Disagree.  Besides needing to learn the offense and get into game shape, we changed OC’s since he joined the team as well.   After seeing the Packers pound the ball w Dillon last weekend, I would not be surprised to see Fournette get called up this weekend over Ty Johnson.

I would hope it’s over Murray but we all know McD has a big to loyal problem for Vets. 

Playing Lenny over Murray would give us 3 RBs on the roster that can catch the ball and run routes that’s a massive edge to have because the defense has no idea if you’re running or passing. When Murray is on the field teams are not fearing him in the receiving game they know even if they leave Murray unguarded he wont get more then 4/5 yds . 

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I like and have wanted to see more physical ground and pound.. But not this week. Gimme speed speed and more speed as I’m prepared for a shootout. I want to see Andy Isabela play 10-12 of gabes snaps and just run go routes. KC looks horrible on offense, so you already know they’ll get right this game and probably put up 30+ points and 400+ yards. 

Andy can take all of Sherfield and Harty snaps those guys haven’t done nothing. Essentially that would make him the 4th wr on this team I agree Andy needs to play more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.