12/3 Around the NFL

Steptide

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah he sucks because he threw his 6th int of the season. Excellent point Aimee. 🥳

Well you have been building him up pretty high. Comparing his "success" to Josh, which makes no sense. How has he proven to have bigger success than Josh?

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Kind of bummed that NE will get one of the top picks. But I also think Williams and Maye are overrated.

I watch a lot of UNC and Maye def has skills but not sure how it will translate to the NFL - esp with a trash team I think he will struggle

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

Well you have been building him up pretty high. Comparing his "success" to Josh, which makes no sense. How has he proven to have bigger success than Josh?

Huh? I said some people complain about how bad Allen’s surrounding cast is and not a single person wanted a Texans skill player before the season. 

with all due respect, you’re making up arguments. Never said he was better than Allen (who is a top 3 qb and said Stroud might be top 5, though it is insanely earlier I know).  

the Texans were picked to win like 3 games. Stroud is a legit MVP. It’s nothing against Allen. And our surrounding cast isn’t that bad either. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh? I said some people complain about how bad Allen’s surrounding cast is and not a single person wanted a Texans skill player before the season. 

with all due respect, you’re making up arguments. Never said he was better than Allen (who is a top 3 qb and said Stroud might be top 5, though it is insanely earlier I know).  

the Texans were picked to win like 3 games. Stroud is a legit MVP. It’s nothing against Allen. And our surrounding cast isn’t that bad either. 

I will admit I was not a fan of the team built around Stroud. Yet he was still my top QB going into the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

Because outside of Hopkins who does Tennessee have to pass to?

I watched him in college. Never impressed. He was older, too much muscle (I think that is a legit problem for qbs), and very inconsistent. 

he was like a poor man’s Allen. And Allen is the ultimate unicorn. I would be shocked if he becomes anything more than a backup 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I watched him in college. Never impressed. He was older, too much muscle (I think that is a legit problem for qbs), and very inconsistent. 

he was like a poor man’s Allen. And Allen is the ultimate unicorn. I would be shocked if he becomes anything more than a backup 

He was over hyped in the draft as was the kid the Colts took. Yet he fell to Round 2 which not horrible value. I agree Allen is an exception not a rule when drafting QBs. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I will admit I was not a fan of the team built around Stroud. Yet he was still my top QB going into the draft.

I just think there’s some narrative that we have bums surrounding Allen. I would love to have a poll who would have traded Davis for a Texans receivers before the season. 

and it’s no knock against Allen. I just think it’s pretty special what Steoud is doing on a team that was complete garbage the last few years. And he’s doing it with his arm so it seems legit.

we’ll see. 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I just think there’s some narrative that we have bums surrounding Allen. I would love to have a poll who would have traded Davis for a Texans receivers before the season. 

and it’s no knock against Allen. I just think it’s pretty special what Steoud is doing on a team that was complete garbage the last few years. And he’s doing it with his arm so it seems legit.

we’ll see. 

Sure, but as the season has gone on we see that Stroud’s cast isn’t too shabby at all.  Nico Collins is great, Tank Dell is cool, Dalton Schultz is a savvy vet, etc 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.