12/3 Around the NFL

Steptide

8 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Watching Miami get their ***** pushed in when they can’t play teams with losing records in the playoffs is going to be sweet. 

Still rooting for Hill to blow his knee out week in and week out.

You should consider psychiatric treatment if you really root for people to blow thier knees out.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

We're going to the playoffs. 

These AFC wildcard "contenders" look like drought era Bills teams. 

Broncos, Colts, Steelers, even Browns with no QB are all mediocre to bad teams. 

unfortunately, you have to make hay while the sun shines.  We lost to three of those “mediocre” (slash really freaking bad) teams…. whereas the Dolphins have taken care of business every single time against such teams.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

With even more due respect, your take is also a narrow one. Of course Hill puts pressure on defenses and nobody denies he’s the most important cog in the machine, but this idea that Miami would just crumble without him is naive at best. That offense is loaded with weapons at the skill positions and they have a coach who knows how to scheme them. These arguments to discredit the rest of their offense comes off as nothing more than sour grapes. 

I don't deny that they have other good players on offense, but without Tyreek Hill, I think the Dolphins are a middle of the pack offense.  Waddle is talented, but I don't think he's a top tier WR1 and the rest of their receivers are pretty average.  Mostert is good but limited.  One of the reasons the Bills have been so successful against Miami is that they have done a good job containing Hill.    

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

unfortunately, you have to make hay while the sun shines.  We lost to three of those “mediocre” (slash really freaking bad) teams…. whereas the Dolphins have taken care of business every single time against such teams.

True but I can't see these teams winning a lot more.

Some team is getting in at 9-8 imo 

This happens every season. There aren't 7 good teams in each conference, especially once injuries happen. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

Think we are beating KC Dallas Mia ah ok

Playing wtih NYT simulator it is really interesting how important some of these games are.

If we go 4-1 from now on losing only to Miami, we have around 36-38% chance to make PO.

It goes down to maybe 30% if Steelers and Colts win today. If they both lose, it goes up to 55-57%. Quite the difference.

Go Titans, go Cards :)

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, RiotAct said:

I doubt we’re overtaking the Dolphins.

We probably have to win out and then hope the Fins lose 3 in a row to finish the season.   Plausible when you see who they play, but that’s a lot we need to go our way.  

In terms of making the playoffs .. these teams were chasing are bad.   Texans might be decent but they just lost their best WR.   Broncos are ok.  Colts, Steelers, Browns are bad.  As someone said above, drought era Bills… defense can keep them in but eventually it all comes crashing down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

True but I can't see these teams winning a lot more.

Some team is getting in at 9-8 imo 

I would be surprised if you could go through the schedule and come up with even a single scenario where that is possible. 

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

You should consider psychiatric treatment if you really root for people to blow thier knees out.

I cut him a little slack because Hill is a scumbag.  Punching his pregnant wife in the stomach and face and choking her, I don't think he should even have a job.  I don't root for injury but I wouldn't be sad either.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

Watching Miami get their ***** pushed in when they can’t play teams with losing records in the playoffs is going to be sweet. 

Still rooting for Hill to blow his knee out week in and week out.

Smashing terrible teams and then not getting the job done when it counts. Damn, they're the new Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.