12/3 Around the NFL

Steptide

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Too bad we couldn't have gotten McCaffery...

I thought of that watching the 49ers game, but then I realized we would have had a totally different draft last April.  The 4th we traded to beat Dallas out of Kincaid to move up in the 1st round wouldn't have been there, so we wouldn't have Kincaid.  The 2nd rounder to draft Torrence wouldn't have been there either, nor would the 3rd for D. Williams (jury still out on him). So we wouldn't have Kincaid or Torrence starting, Williams developing, and we'd also be out our 2024 5th.  So all in all, it's tough to say whether trading for McCaffery would have been a good move considering the players who we drafted with the picks we would have had to have sent Carolina.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I thought of that watching the 49ers game, but then I realized we would have had a totally different draft last April.  The 4th we traded to beat Dallas out of Kincaid to move up in the 1st round wouldn't have been there, so we wouldn't have Kincaid.  The 2nd rounder to draft Torrence wouldn't have been there either, nor would the 3rd for D. Williams (jury still out on him). So we wouldn't have Kincaid or Torrence starting, Williams developing, and we'd also be out our 2024 5th.  So all in all, it's tough to say whether trading for McCaffery would have been a good move considering the players who we drafted with the picks we would have had to have sent Carolina.    

The Bills desperately need draft picks to restock an old, injured and overpriced roster

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

If they don't draft a WR in the 1st round Rogers might have a stroke.

Jets won't take a WR round 1, they will be taking OL.  Their line is so bad, Zach Wilson is now refusing to come back and start. Unbelievable. Even if they did some how get Harrison Jr, not huge deal since Bills won't be getting him anyway and the jets still wouldn't scare me with two great WRs but no o line.   

Josh Allen will be the one having a stroke if the Bills don't go WR rd 1 in this loaded class.  Our WR core is below average, and lacking anything impactful outside of Diggs.  We desperately need a playmaking WR that Allen can just throw to and let them work, take some of the pressure off him.

Edited by vtnatefootball11

LOL if this is true. The Jets want to go back to Wilson but Zach refuses to play. If true this is truly a clown show. It is anyway but this makes it worse.

The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reports Zach Wilson is “reluctant to stepping back in” for the Jets as their starting quarterback.

The Jets have tried Wilson, Tim Boyle, and Trevor Siemian at quarterback and aren’t any closer to an answer at the position than they were when they benched Wilson for Week 12. According to Russini, the Jets would like to go back to Wilson again, but his reluctance to step back in as the starter could force them to sign a veteran free agent off the streets. Wilson has thrown for 1,944 yards, six touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Jets this season while going 3-6. The former No. 2 overall pick will likely be on a new team in 2024 or out of the league, but his future with the Jets is all but sealed at this point.

42m ago

Source: Dianna Russini

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

LOL if this is true. The Jets want to go back to Wilson but Zach refuses to play. If true this is truly a clown show. It is anyway but this makes it worse.

The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reports Zach Wilson is “reluctant to stepping back in” for the Jets as their starting quarterback.

The Jets have tried Wilson, Tim Boyle, and Trevor Siemian at quarterback and aren’t any closer to an answer at the position than they were when they benched Wilson for Week 12. According to Russini, the Jets would like to go back to Wilson again, but his reluctance to step back in as the starter could force them to sign a veteran free agent off the streets. Wilson has thrown for 1,944 yards, six touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Jets this season while going 3-6. The former No. 2 overall pick will likely be on a new team in 2024 or out of the league, but his future with the Jets is all but sealed at this point.

42m ago

And people still say McD is worse than Saleh 

I mean my god, what does it say when your QB straight up refuses to play for you anymore?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

42m ago

Zach sees that O-line and is like "No you can't make me, I won't, NOOOOO!"

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Or we would have Laporta. They could have either traded Cook or used some the RB money spent to acquire the G. They would still have the pick used to trade up for Kincaid for Williams or similar.

So McCafrey, Laporta and still the ability to get your Torrence and Williams level players. 

8 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

That is part of it, but Purdy also has ridiculous skill players who can take it to the house on any play. Allen has to play perfect football to win. Purdy was solid but he did not do a lot on those three-yard passes to Deebo and McCaffrey that they turned into huge gains. I think part of it is a defense problem, the other part of it is a talent issue. Diggs is a really good player, but he is route running technician....He isn't going to catch a slant, break three tackles, stiff-arm a guy, and dive into the endzone. We need offensive skill talent. 

The Bills skill positions aren’t as talented as SF’s. However, aside from a few self inflicted wounds and a lousy call they were easily in position to hang 40 on the PHL defense. The Bills D crumbled in crunch time rather than slammed the door on the Eagles. The Bills O may not be the Niners, but they’re more than talented enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/4/2023 at 6:12 PM, ngbills said:

Or we would have Laporta. They could have either traded Cook or used some the RB money spent to acquire the G. They would still have the pick used to trade up for Kincaid for Williams or similar.

So McCafrey, Laporta and still the ability to get your Torrence and Williams level players. 

McCaffrey AND Kincaid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.