Von Miller faces arrest in domestic violence case in Dallas

ArdmoreRyno

Just now, Captain_Quint said:

Any chance something like this voids part of his contract? Would be nice to get a discount on him if he's gonna be on the books for 3 yrs. 

I was thinking the same thing. Or maybe get out of the contract all together. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, McBean said:

Between the HC, record, salary cap situation, and now this, this organization is a huge mess.

Clean house from the top all the way down to the janitor.

I’m gonna need a new username. 

This should include the fans, if it is to be a proper and thorough cleaning. 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-nfl-von-miller-faces-arrest-in-dallas-texas-domestic-violence-case/287-2904617b-5d0d-4252-a321-28d8f61807f0

DALLAS — Star NFL linebacker Von Miller faces an arrest in a domestic violence case in Dallas, multiple police sources told WFAA on Thursday morning.

Sources say Miller's longtime girlfriend has accused him of assaulting her at their home in Dallas on Wednesday morning. Sources told WFAA that his attorney has been contacted about the case and that a warrant has been issued for Miller's arrest.

As of 9 a.m. Thursday, Miller, 34, had not been arrested.

Sources told WFAA that the warrant was for a charge of assaulting a pregnant person, which is a third-degree felony.

WFAA reached out to the office of the attorney who is believed to be representing Miller, but the attorney was not immediately available for comment. WFAA has also reached out to a Dallas Police Department spokesperson for more information about the case.

Miller, a DeSoto native, is currently a linebacker for the Buffalo Bills, who are on a bye and not playing this week. 

Miller previously played for the Los Angeles Rams in 2021 and for the Denver Broncos from 2011-2021.

Miller was a star in Denver, where he earned three first-team All-Pro selections and led the Broncos to a Super Bowl victory in 2015. Miller was traded to the Rams during the 2021 season and helped Los Angeles to a Super Bowl victory that season.

Miller played college football at Texas A&M.

In 2021, Miller was under investigation by the Parker, Colo., police department, but the 18th Judicial District, the district attorney's office for the city, declined to move forward with charges against Miller. Details surrounding the investigation were not disclosed by authorities, and Miller remained on the Broncos team for that upcoming season.

Eh, this freaking sucks.  Hate to see one of our players in a headline like this even if it is untrue.  Hope that’s the case

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, McBean said:

Between the HC, record, salary cap situation, and now this, this organization is a huge mess.

Clean house from the top all the way down to the janitor.

I’m gonna need a new username. 

Why did you make your name McBean when you are constantly calling for both of their heads?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Any chance something like this voids part of his contract? Would be nice to get a discount on him if he's gonna be on the books for 3 yrs. 

Sadly, this was the first thing that came to my mind too.

Von Miller was always a high risk/high reward signing.  Can't blame Brandon Beane for taking the shot.

It was really working out before the ACL tear.  Hard to see a guy at his age coming back the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

20 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

I would’ve been stunned and upset if this were a year ago. Sometimes I forget Von Miller plays for the bills. I wonder how many receivers and Olinemen we could get in his place on the salary cap

Was he ever a Bill? Unfortunately Beane had to risk it because he didn't hit on any of his DE draft picks. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

For the record I'm waiting until ALL the information comes out here.  These kinds of charges are fake all to often for me to be comfortable passing judgement.

Agreed.

I would add that if these charges end up being true, the Bills need to cut him immediately, regardless of the cap consequences.

No sympathy for someone that assaults a pregnant woman.

I've always said that Tyreek Hill does not belong in the NFL, and it's disgusting any team would employee him.  Same would go for anyone on the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.