AFC Standings, schedules, & Rooting Interests FINAL 1/7/24 BILLS 2 Seed!

Donuts and Doritos

25 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

No Baltmore would play the lowest seed. Bills vs Chiefs would be the second round. Any 2 vs 3 would be the 2nd round

Oh yeah. That’s right. Well. There’s a way the Chiefs could be lower than the 3 no? That’s what I meant 

Bills now have a 91% chance to make the playoffs and that jumps to 98% with a win over the Pats next week. Not sure the last few weeks could have been expected to go much better than they have for us. Literally everything this week went our way except for a Fins loss.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Technically yes but highly unlikely. They would have to lose their final 3 and Jags would have to win their final 3.

The way the Jags are playing lately and with Lawrence likely either missing a few or playing well under 100% in them they may not win another one... they've lost 4 straight 

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep this is right.

Bills win + Pitt loss + Cinci loss = We clinch a playoff spot next Sunday.

Almost unfathomable considering our playoff odds were around 20% before the KC game 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Oh yeah. That’s right. Well. There’s a way the Chiefs could be lower than the 3 no? That’s what I meant 

It’s actually much more likely that the Chiefs end up in the 1 or 2 imo. Just can’t see them losing with their schedule but after today who knows. 

It’s funny because I think we might be in line for a Buffalo Miami wild card game in the first round again 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

It’s actually much more likely that the Chiefs end up in the 1 or 2 imo. Just can’t see them losing with their schedule but after today who knows. 

It’s funny because I think we might be in line for a Buffalo Miami wild card game in the first round again 

Tell them punks to bring it.

Just now, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

It would be an awesome situation to go to Miami week 18 and getting the 2 seed with a win or 6 seed with a loss. 

Really need Miami to lose to Baltimore (and of course us to beat NE) so that we can beat Miami for the AFC East crown.  If things stand as they are now (with us at 6 and KC at 3), we'd have to go play the damn Chiefs in KC AGAIN.   Don't want that...

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Technically yes but highly unlikely. They would have to lose their final 3 and Jags would have to win their final 3.

Can’t the Browns finish ahead of them? Or the Dolphins, even if we win the Div? 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I think you are correct in that 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Looking very, very likely we are playing Miami or KC week 1 of playoffs, regardless of whether or not we win the division 

I've had a few beers today, but I'm seeing the 2 seed with us hosting Miami, home for divisional, and hosting KC for conference (I see Baltimore losing to the browns).  Either way, BUF/KC conference game is becoming more likely.

Th alternative is looking like @Miami, @BAL, @KC.

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Can’t the Browns finish ahead of them? Or the Dolphins, even if we win the Div? 

Not really.

Because Browns would have to win their last 2, Ravens would have to lose 2 of their last 3, and Bills would have to beat the Dolphins in Week 18.

Then the Browns would win the AFC and Bills would be #2.

Otherwise the Browns are stuck at 5.

Oh and the Chiefs would have to lose all 3.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

1 seed would be tough.

- Chiefs would have to go 3-0 

- Ravens would have to go 1-2 

- Dolphins would have to go 1-1

very plausible. Ravens still have @SF, Miami, Pitt

Chiefs should go 3-0 

and the Dolphins if they beat the Ravens but not us is also very plausible 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Chiefs should go 3-0 

If each game had 50% probability, that scenario would result in a 2.3% chance of happening.

Definitely possible though.

In this scenario the Dolphins have the 2 seed.

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

1 seed would be tough.

Tough? Chiefs have an easy schedule

Ravens have: @49ers, vs. Dolphins, vs Steelers

Dolphins have: @ Ravens, vs. Bills

Ravens can easily lose two of those game. Dolphins can easily lose one of those two games.

Chiefs always get breaks. Like they'll end up as the 2 seed and the Ravens will get bounced in the 2nd round type of lucky. 

9 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Chiefs should go 3-0 

Not sure why people would even bother with the "should" anymore when literally  2/3 of the games that "should not" have gone the Bills way the past two weeks did and teams who "should" have lost won many times over the past 3-4 weeks.

There are no "should" games at this time of year.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

45 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yep this is right.

Bills win + Pitt loss + Cinci loss = We clinch a playoff spot next Sunday.

I believe the bills clinch if the jags lose as well.  

So for example :

Bills wIn , cinci loss , Pittsburgh WIN, jags loss also gets the bills in

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

1 seed would be tough.

18 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ravens can easily lose two of those game. Dolphins can easily lose one of those two games.

Chiefs always get breaks. Like they'll end up as the 2 seed and the Ravens will get bounced in the 2nd round type of lucky. 

100% I hate that the chiefs will probably somehow luck into the 1 seed again. After us just getting into the playoffs, the only thing I want is the chiefs to not get the 1 seed and get a bye. Hopefully the raiders pull off a Christmas miracle 

19 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Do the math and you will see why I say it’s tough.

26 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I believe the bills clinch if the jags lose as well.  

So for example :

Bills wIn , cinci loss , Pittsburgh WIN, jags loss also gets the bills in

Bills clinch with a win and any combo of 2 losses in 5 games next week consisting of teams in the mix behind them. Believe it's the Steelers, Colts, Jags, Texans and Bengals.

Really might only need 1 loss since Colts-Texans play each other the following week and one of those teams will lose in Week 18.

Basically looks like the only thing in that scenario that keeps them out is both Pittsburgh and Cincy winning both of their games. Bills are out in that scenario.

Edited by Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Do the math and you will see why I say it’s tough.

Ravens lose to 49ers and Dolphins

Dolphins lose to the Bills

This isn't the outcome I want but it can happen easily. Or Ravens lose to 49ers and Steelers. Steelers have dominated Lamar Jackson. Losing to the 49ers seems likely

34 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Ravens will get bounced regardless. Playoff Lamar is very different from regular season Lamar and far worse 

Just now, Big Turk said:

Ravens will get bounced regardless. Playoff Lamar is very different from regular season Lamar and far worse 

I just think it's easy to defense against him. You play a base zone coverage and have your DEs contain. Practice it non-stop. I just don't think he's a good passer. If the Ravens can't rely on their run game their Offense is really bad. I've seen Buffalo and Tennessee do this in the playoffs against the Ravens.

• Agree 1

Just now, dma0034 said:

I just think it's easy to defense against him. You play a base zone coverage and have your DEs contain. Practice it non-stop. I just don't think he's a good passer. If the Ravens can't rely on their run game their Offense is really bad. I've seen Buffalo and Tennessee do this in the playoffs against the Ravens.

Buffalo does it in the regular season too...they actually wrote the book on how to defend him when he played in Buffalo his MVP year and they were housing teams like 45-10 for weeks leading up to our game and then the Bills held them to 257 yards of offense and 24 points and made Lamar look pretty ordinary.

Titans widely credited the Bills game plan as their basis for the one they used in the playoffs to beat the Ravens that year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Buffalo does it in the regular season too...they actually wrote the book on how to defend him when he played in Buffalo his MVP year and they were housing teams like 45-10 for weeks leading up to our game and then the Bills held them to 257 yards of offense and 24 points and made Lamar look pretty ordinary.

Titans widely credited the Bills game plan as their basis for the one they used in the playoffs to beat the Ravens that year.

Bills should have won that game too. Allen mised Beasley late. The Chargers also used a ton of DBs to beat him in his first playoff game too. I will say their defense is legit though. 

Just now, dma0034 said:

Bills should have won that game too. Allen mised Beasley late. The Chargers also used a ton of DBs to beat him in his first playoff game too. I will say their defense is legit though. 

Defense is good but can be had...they've allowed some high scoring games.

56 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

So what would have to happen in week 18 for us to miss the playoffs with a 10-7 record with a loss at Miami? 

I believe, with the Broncos losing, the only way the Bills miss the playoffs at 10-7, is if either the Steelers or Bengals win their last 2 games. Pitt plays at SEA and at Baltimore. Cincy is at KC and home vs Cleveland.

I don't see either of them going 2-0.

Edited by Amaru523

3 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I believe, with the Broncos losing, the only way the Bills miss the playoffs at 10-7, is if either the Steelers or Bengals win their last 2 games. Pitt plays at SEA and at Baltimore. Cincy is at KC and home vs Cleveland.

only Wilde card there is Baltimore. If they won the next two, they would have the one sewn up. Pitts, assuming they win in Seattle, COULD be playing against backups 

5 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

Those teams can be somewhat dangerous, though because both the Ravens and Browns may rest starters the final week. So, if the Bengals somehow beat the Chiefs next week and the Steelers get by the Seahawks, they can both win both games

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.