Best Winter movies?

BillsPride12

Alright it's completely dark out at 5pm and we are getting our first Snowfalls in the Buffalo area so we can officially do this thread now

*Note this is not a thread for Christmas movies in particular but if there's some that hit home for you when you think of Winter movies that's fine

The first ones that stick out to me right now:

Grumpy Old Men

Fargo

Four Brothers

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Rocky Balboa or Rocky 6.

I mean it looked like it was filmed during the winter.  One scene where Rocky is running it's snowing a little.

But the main reason for me was I recall it came out on Christmas Day 2006.  

All this and you don't mention Rocky IV?

17 hours ago, Another Fan said:

2 movies from my grade school days I thought we real real cool.  They had the winter theme as the background.  Be interesting to see how they hold up as a grown up

Even as a teen, I couldn’t get past Stallone climbing mountains half the movie in just a long sleeve thermal shirt 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Better Off Dead? The pivotal part of the movie is the ski race.  

I was going to add that along with HotTub Time Machine. Mystery Alaska and Goon I like as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

I immediately thought of "The Shining" and the scenes surrounding the showdown in the garden maze.

Some of the most visually creepy filmmaking of all time.  Genuinely scary without resort of foolish "jump cuts" to get there. 

Kubrik was a freaking genius.  

theshining21.jpg?w=765

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watched Grumpy Old Men last night for the first time in over 20 years.  Still holds up well.  I had forgotten how much I liked that movie.  After the movie I had to look it up that Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau both died in 2000 and 2001.  Didn't think it was that long ago.  Time sure flies 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.