AJE or Floyd?

LabattBlue

AJE or Floyd  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Which DE?

I'm signing Leonard to a 2 yr deal. He's clearly the more consistent player.  I don't see AJ getting another sack this year, putting him at 6.5, same as last year. I'm letting Epenesa walk and draft a new DE.  Aj needed to show me more his first 2 years in the league and he didn't. His slight level of improvement is not near enough to justify a big contract. 

Tough one. Depends on the money. Going with AJE assuming he doesn't cost much compared to Floyd. No question Floyd is better today but he's getting older and will likely command significantly more money. AJE has flashed potential and may not have reached his ceiling yet.

For a while now we've spent too much money on the D relative to the O imo. The D needs to get younger and quicker and cheaper so more resources can go to supporting Josh. 

On 11/28/2023 at 11:12 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Floyd will be one of the hottest names in FA. This is apples to organges.

Maybe Von will do the right thing and retire so we can keep both.

I keep wondering if this is possible with Von. Would a guy of his ego really feel that bad about not living up to the terms of his contract and realizing that he was done do the right thing and leave all that money? Its a humungous cap hit!

On 11/28/2023 at 10:12 AM, KDIGGZ said:

Floyd will be one of the hottest names in FA. This is apples to organges.

Maybe Von will do the right thing and retire so we can keep both.

floyd is already 31 - so I think of the hot free agency names he will again be a second tier mercenary on a short contract 

Aje will be a young guy entering his prime years. While less productive- less mileage too. I suspect their annual value will be closer than expected with aje getting more years 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now that we see the deals...I will take AJE at that price over Floyd at his age, price, and after a late season fall off.  I wanted Floyd back too, but not at that price after he fell off and at his age.  

So loving the AJE deal

• Thank you (+1) 1