Do you wonder if the league is fixed?

The Red King

On 12/6/2023 at 3:17 PM, Dr. K said:

The league is not fixed and to think so is silly.

The refs, however, have never been so incompetent. 

I think the incompetent refs do their best to make the league look fixed because they will usually favor the better/bigger name team when a gamechanging call could go either way 

is it actually fixed though definitely not 

5 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

There's 2 in college over what time frame? The NFL has fun and makes it a theme. Multiple in a week. Kinda like offensive Offside.

There aren't multiple muffed punts in the NFL a week and not even close.

How many ignorant posts do you create?

Remember when you said the Bills offense would be better without Cook?  Damn that's a dumb statement.

• Agree 2

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

There aren't multiple muffed punts in the NFL a week and not even close.

How many ignorant posts do you create?

Remember when you said the Bills offense would be better without Cook?  Damn that's a dumb statement.

One game Mr obvious. So you agree with the Thurman comparisons yesterday? They did have a week this year with multiple. I can't help you watch with your eyes closed. Put your Cook jersey on an enjoy. You don't have to come  to this thread.

• Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

One game Mr obvious. So you agree with the Thurman comparisons yesterday? They did have a week this year with multiple. I can't help you watch with your eyes closed. Put your Cook jersey on an enjoy. You don't have to come  to this thread.

One game?  

He is behind only Christian McCaffrey for all purpose yards.  He did all this in one game?

My eyes are open, I am watching him being #2 in the league in All Purpose yards.  What are you watching?

I mean, he is #2 in the NFL in rushing and 5th in the NFL in receiving for RB's and he's only been featured for about a month now.  What if Brady was our OC all year?  

Do you really think there was only 2 muffed punts in college lol?  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

You’re the main attraction in this thread and you didn’t even know  
Happy Dance GIF by Compare the Market

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

One game?  

He is behind only Christian McCaffrey for all purpose yards.  He did all this in one game?

My eyes are open, I am watching him being #2 in the league in All Purpose yards.  What are you watching?

I mean, he is #2 in the NFL in rushing and 5th in the NFL in receiving for RB's and he's only been featured for about a month now.  What if Brady was our OC all year?  

Do you really think there was only 2 muffed punts in college lol?  

Then why wasn't Brady OC before now? All that's missing is AL Michael's and belief in miracles. Santa's coming. One day at a time. Hopefully the give us the superbowl with half the defense missing. If they could catch Dak wouldn't have had so many missed opportunities to be intercepted. 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You’re the main attraction in this thread and you didn’t even know  
Happy Dance GIF by Compare the Market

Lemme guess. You believe in Santa, Trump or Biden, and James Cook?

27 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

I will say that watching the game with my 72 year young father yesterday, he said in the first quarter, "Cook looks like vintage Thurman today".  He was alluding to the ability to both rush and catch... and make tacklers miss with the change of pace, direction and power when needed.  

3 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

I will say that watching the game with my 72 year young father yesterday, he said in the first quarter, "Cook looks like vintage Thurman today".  He was alluding to the ability to both rush and catch... and make tacklers miss with the change of pace, direction and power when needed.  

Then it should sustain. Stay tuned. Just like a Netflix series. Dude don't have near the power of Thomas. Though thar scrum where he drove, Idk 1800 lbs of humanity another 6 to 9 yards was impressive.  .. God bless the Bills faithful. No need to tell him Strahan didn't go to outer space.

43 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Then why wasn't Brady OC before now? All that's missing is AL Michael's and belief in miracles. Santa's coming. One day at a time. Hopefully the give us the superbowl with half the defense missing. If they could catch Dak wouldn't have had so many missed opportunities to be intercepted. 

I feel like you're Benicio Del Torro in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

• Haha (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2023 at 3:30 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

I feel like you're Benicio Del Torro in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

The college football playoff was refreshing. Dudes giving all they had for a few yards and others trying desperately to stop them.  I've watched the NFL so much I forget what that's like.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1onemangang7 said:

The college football playoff was refreshing. Dudes giving all they had for a few yards and others trying desperately to stop them.  I've watched the NFL so much I forget what that's like.

Thanks for the video.  The guy is a little obnoxious, but I got some good laughs out of it 😃

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/27/2023 at 12:30 AM, Billever76 said:

Once vegas got involved it's absolutely a certainty it's skewed and teams are being guided by the refs and its being masqueraded as human error ....the refs are swaying games big time and it's obvious

How can't it be done? A few bad officials being paid $$$$ absolutely can make it happen....you get 6 or so refs throw a boatload of hush money at them and instruct them what to do....in the nfl a few key bad calls no calls are usually enough to change outcomes

Idk whether it’s fixed but these whole ‘but so many people have to be involved’ counter arguments make zero sense to me either.  A couple well timed offensive holding calls could easily kill two would be td drives

coaches/players etc wouldn’t have to be in on it at all 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk whether it’s fixed but these whole ‘but so many people have to be involved’ counter arguments make zero sense to me either.  A couple well timed offensive holding calls could easily kill two would be td drives

coaches/players etc wouldn’t have to be in on it at all 

I thought that for awhile but a few refs and coaches placed in roles could pretty much do it 

if it’s 3 and 7 and you “always run this defense” and the other oc knows this he can find the hole o wait he missed the throw phantom flag shows up 

same goes for the d 

rinse and repeat 

7 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

I thought that for awhile but a few refs and coaches placed in roles could pretty much do it 

if it’s 3 and 7 and you “always run this defense” and the other oc knows this he can find the hole o wait he missed the throw phantom flag shows up 

same goes for the d 

rinse and repeat 

You know what’s crazy, I watched Rex on get up talking about that call at the end of the Lions game and he stated that coaches have to give referees every trick play/call with who’s eligible for what that they are looking to call that game. He then went on to state that they knew ahead of time prior to Decker reporting. 

Teams aren’t in on the act if there is any. About as far as it goes would be the officiating and Vegas having some collab. It’s a sport and maybe one day there will be something crop up about payoffs or overruling a from a superior power where it’s like being a child and realizing that Pro Wrestling is in the bigger picture just a guided performance to the outcome. 

13 hours ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Remember when you said James Cook was a wasted pick and should be inactive on gamedays?

48 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remember when you said James Cook was a wasted pick and should be inactive 

Remember when the old man said he was vintage Thomas?  If the games were real he goes nowhere. Stay tuned. Just depends how they want it played. 

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Remember when you said James Cook was a wasted pick and should be inactive on gamedays?

Let me guess, you guys think Purdy is a vintage Kelly? He's another phony bologna nfl fake the media has you fooled with.  You listen to the horse dung, I'll watch the game.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Let me guess, you guys think Purdy is a vintage Kelly? He's another phony bologna nfl fake the media has you fooled with.  You listen to the horse dung, I'll watch the game.  

LOL  what the hell are you talking about?  Where did Purdy come from?

Why are you watching the game if you think its rigged??  🤣

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL  what the hell are you talking about?  Where did Purdy come from?

Why are you watching the game if you think its rigged??  🤣

Entertainment.  The reason everyone watches.

12 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Is "The Media" here in the room with us right now?

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Entertainment.  The reason everyone watches.

LOL

Then why do you critique players if it's rigged??  If its rigged, the players are completely dependent on how the league wants them to play, you said it just a few posts up.

Do you not realize how stupid this sounds?

I don't think it's rigged. IMO all leagues are the same in that the refs are there to manage the game. Meaning call the game to keep them as close as possible. Parity is what they want as well as close games. They know casual fans don't want to see blowouts. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

LOL

Then why do you critique players if it's rigged??  If its rigged, the players are completely dependent on how the league wants them to play, you said it just a few posts up.

Do you not realize how stupid this sounds?

Hasn't always been this way it's how it's evolved. Go on and believe Cook belongs on the field with the likes of Lott, Singletary, Lewis. When they want it to happen the guy will stone cold ineffective like Purdy vs the Ravens. It's a setup.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Is "The Media" here in the room with us right now?

Is that how you control people, leading questions. The media is in your head obviously.  You have a Joe buck poster on the wall?

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

I don't think it's rigged. IMO all leagues are the same in that the refs are there to manage the game. Meaning call the game to keep them as close as possible. Parity is what they want as well as close games. They know casual fans don't want to see blowouts. 

Watch the effort Bama and Michigan put out. I haven't seen one NFL game like that for 60 mins yet this season. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Hasn't always been this way it's how it's evolved. Go on and believe Cook belongs on the field with the likes of Lott, Singletary, Lewis. When they want it to happen the guy will stone cold ineffective like Purdy vs the Ravens. It's a setup.

So you still didn't answer my question.  Why are you critiquing players if the game is rigged?

Edited by Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, 1onemangang7 said:

Is that how you control people, leading questions. The media is in your head obviously.  You have a Joe buck poster on the wall?

Watch the effort Bama and Michigan put out. I haven't seen one NFL game like that for 60 mins yet this season. 

Football announcers are part of "The Media" now? Who else?

As for Bama and Michigan, I take it you turned the game off before it was over. If you wanted to argue "fixing" there'd be no better example in all of football this year than the final play Alabama ran.

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Football announcers are part of "The Media" now? Who else?

As for Bama and Michigan, I take it you turned the game off before it was over. If you wanted to argue "fixing" there'd be no better example in all of football this year than the final play Alabama ran.

Yep. They're part of the game and in the media. Should you be on this platform or are you skipping nap time at the preschool? Milroe throwing is a better option? You play the cards you have. 

Yep. They're part of the game and in the media. Should you be on this platform or are you skipping nap time at the preschool? Milroe throwing is a better option? You play the cards you have. 

Nice. so "The Media" is behind all of it then. Where do they get their orders? Who's in control?

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Nice. so "The Media" is behind all of it then. Where do they get their orders? Who's in control?

We aren't in the club how would we know.  They pitch scenarios and players to ya right from the beginning. Primetime games that are often the only game in the league playing. You gotta listen. Maybe you'd be better in a Netflix forum watching some other series. This one seems a little advanced for you.  I'll give ya big hint that will help though, listen.

We aren't in the club how would we know.  They pitch scenarios and players to ya right from the beginning. Primetime games that are often the only game in the league playing. You gotta listen. Maybe you'd be better in a Netflix forum watching some other series. This one seems a little advanced for you.  I'll give ya big hint that will help though, listen.

If we aren't in club, how do we know there's a club?

27 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So you still didn't answer my question.  Why are you critiquing players if the game is 

It doesn't deserve an answer. So you look at every athlete in the NFL and really think that Purdy is possibly the most valuabe?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.