Buffalo / Philly Postgame thread

Simon

2 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Reasons the Bills lost in order:

Bass: missed two FGs

Refs: The Intentional Grounding instead of a Horsecollar tackle took 7 off the board for the Bills

McDermott: Defense owns Eagles in the 1st half.... they adjust in the tune of 24 points in the 2nd half. You play a soft defense and on 3rd and 4 in OT you give the Eagles a cushion and easy First Down. YOU HAVE TO PLAY TO HAVE THEM KICK THE FG. Also taking a to before the EAgles kick the ball to tie it at 31. You keep that 2nd TO and then ask Allen to get you into FG in two plays with 20 seconds left (that's about 35 yards in 19 seconds).

Drops: 7 of them in all

Davis/Allen last throw: It was a walk off TD. Davis runs an Out Route and Allen throws it inside. Should have been a TD. I don't know who messed it up but that was the game.

And if we won that game today then we would have won almost entirely because of Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

This may be a stretch… could Tyler Bass’s struggles be symptoms of tension and drama in the locker room regarding players and coaches? Like the unrest/lack of faith in the coaching is bringing his confidence issues?

Too big of a stretch?

No one talks to FG kickers or punters. They’re ignored by players and most coaches because they literally only have to do 1 thing. McD could be behind Bass in line at Wegman’s and not know who he is. Doubt coaching drama plays a factor.

I just find it simply amazing that since McKenzie tripped over himself and fumbled on a kickoff return against the colts 2 years ago this month, we have not lost by more than 6 points. But time and time again we play like absolutely idiotic garbage yet still come close to winning. Wow. 

Edited by Bills!Win!
  • Haha (+1) 2

For any worries about McDermott making it to next season

One thing I know for certain the NFL loves money, they can't be happy that a top QB that drives ratings and is healthy is likely to miss the playoffs and a Kenny Pickett or Joe flacco or Gardner minshew or Dorian Thompson Robinson or Jake Browning is gonna be in the playoffs 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

I'm ok with Brady so far, but right now it's not scheme that's moving the offense, it's the generational talent under center. The offense is still fundamentally broken in the pass game until the scramble drill, where it's the most dangerous offense in history. The way they can currently run the ball and the man they have at the trigger, it should be an upset when they do get stopped, like it was in 2020 when the punter was basically baking muffins all game.

All Brady has done is let Allen play like the Allen of the last 4 seasons.  And yes as he's shown over the last 2 games against 2 of the better defenses in the NFL he is indeed a special, generational talent.

It's clear from the comments starting in the off season and coming out during the last few weeks that McD and I suspect Bean, deliberately tried to remake Allen into a a very different QB.  Whether they had Allen's full investment here or he just gave it that old college try we may never know.  They did have their useful puppet in Dorsey who tried to turn McD/Beans vision for Allen into realty.

But the sad realty is that they failed spectacularly, Dorsey took the fall and the Bills will miss the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons.  This failure, which should be laid at the feet of McD & Bean is a fireable offense IMO. Hopefully the elevation of Brady and more importantly the decision to let Allen go back and play like the Allen of old came directly from Pegula.  If it did then there is hope that we can be rid of Bean & McD at the end of this season.

I know that everything I've written here is pure speculation.  But I've followed this team for well over 50 years and the evidence supports my take on events.  Bean & McD messed with the magic sauce that made Allen a special talent at QB.  They did this while also continuing to over value the D and undervalue the O.  That's a recipe for failure and we're seeing it play out on the field.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

All Brady has done is let Allen play like the Allen of the last 4 seasons.  And yes as he's shown over the last 2 games against 2 of the better defenses in the NFL he is indeed a special, generational talent.

It's clear from the comments starting in the off season and coming out during the last few weeks that McD and I suspect Bean, deliberately tried to remake Allen into a a very different QB.  Whether they had Allen's full investment here or he just gave it that old college try we may never know.  They did have their useful puppet in Dorsey who tried to turn McD/Beans vision for Allen into realty.

But the sad realty is that they failed spectacularly, Dorsey took the fall and the Bills will miss the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons.  This failure, which should be laid at the feet of McD & Bean is a fireable offense IMO. Hopefully the elevation of Brady and more importantly the decision to let Allen go back and play like the Allen of old came directly from Pegula.  If it did then there is hope that we can be rid of Bean & McD at the end of this season.

I know that everything I've written here is pure speculation.  But I've followed this team for well over 50 years and the evidence supports my take on events.  Bean & McD messed with the magic sauce that made Allen a special talent at QB.  They did this while also continuing to over value the D and undervalue the O.  That's a recipe for failure and we're seeing it play out on the field.

This post is kind of why I’m ag peace with this year.  Mid-year,  I thought Allen was broken.   He’s not.  He’s back and, with the right parts around him, we can contend every year.  I think today might have been the beginning of the end for McD, though.  Maybe he runs the table.  It’s plausible.  But we can’t waste another year of Allen in a guy who, time and time again, does not get it done. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m honestly not sure I even saw anything that special from Hurts. I don’t think he wins very often going  toe to toe with Josh and a competent Head Coach. 

25/30 for 272, 2 Touchdowns, 0 Int and a 126 passer rating.

The stat line listed above belongs to Mac Jones against the McDermott Defense.. let’s not forget 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Success said:

Gonna sign off 'til tomorrow.  Just want to say - when the day started, I never imagined I'd feel this gutted at the end of it.  I thought we might lose, but once again - it's the way we lost.

But I'm really glad to have this board, and even though I don't know any of you in "real" life, this is a great support group, and good therapy.  At the end of a trying day, I'm truly appreciative of that.  Whatever I'm going through, there are a bunch of people like me going through pretty much the same thing, & they get it.

Heartbreaking....we should've won but what do you expect with incompetent coaching and corrupt officiating.  Always the Bills way.

9 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

This post is kind of why I’m ag peace with this year.  Mid-year,  I thought Allen was broken.   He’s not.  He’s back and, with the right parts around him, we can contend every year.  I think today might have been the beginning of the end for McD, though.  Maybe he runs the table.  It’s plausible.  But we can’t waste another year of Allen in a guy who, time and time again, does not get it done. 

Allen was never broken. Just the worthless head coaching and leadership. Josh is very much the same incredible qb we witnessed all those years.  McD has ruined this.

• Agree 4

https://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-haason-reddick-josh-sweat-say-bills-qb-josh-allen-lobbied-officials-flag-him-intentional-grounding/#:~:text=According to Reddick and fellow,on purpose%2C" Sweat said.

***** bull####.

What a classy bunch of #######s we just played, you almost forget how they took advantage of the refs not calling penalties to take shots at our players.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.