Breaking: Jets QB Zach Wilson being benched for Tim Boyle

Big Turk

12 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

That last game is in Miami.

Oops o thought he game was gonna be home

My bad.  Guess 5he Mafia is gonna have to cause a whiteout of the Miami 9ffense let it get buried under Josh and the offense raining cold strikes to freeze out the Dolphins on way to a tuna factory.  Normally I'm snti tuna fishing  in regards to the actual dolphin mammals but the pro nfl team Dolphins put them on ice and bury them in it.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just saw that he got demoted to 3rd string. For the life of me I don't understand why they stuck with him for so long and what flipped the switch - would love to know who was actually behind both decisions. My guess is it wasn't Saleh.

Joe Douglas bending Woody's ear no doubt and Woody telling Saleh to play him until it was obvious.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Best possible news for the Miami game on Friday. It looked like that Jets team quit yesterday as the game went on and I believe they will show up big time to prove how much they could not stand Wilson as a starter.

I don't think Boyle is significantly better than Wilson but maybe for 1 game he can play just well enough to inspire the Jests D.  If they can get after Tua, they might have a chance.

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Just saw that he got demoted to 3rd string. For the life of me I don't understand why they stuck with him for so long and what flipped the switch - would love to know who was actually behind both decisions. My guess is it wasn't Saleh.

Correct.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-tim-boyle-to-start-over-zach-wilson-vs-dolphins

Zach Wilson's Week 11 benching will continue into Week 12.

The Jets will start veteran backup Tim Boyle in this Friday's game against the Miami Dolphins.

Jets head coach Robert Saleh confirmed Wilson's benching on Monday afternoon and told reporters that Wilson will now be No. 3 on the team's depth chart. Veteran Trevor Siemian will back up Boyle, while Wilson will also be active on Friday.

"Just give him an opportunity, different style of quarterback," Saleh told reporters on Monday of his decision to go with

32 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Wilson's finished as a planned starter in the league.  

LOL, in college Boyle had 1 TD and 13 INTs as a backup.  

48.4% compl. %, 4.5 YPA, 2.4 AYPA  

Yikes!

Yup and really, I don’t know why he would catch on as a back up. Very few people are given this much time to develop and I don’t know if he’s a really studious type or guy who will go out of his way to help whoever is playing or coming up. We will see.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Saleh circling the drain....

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Interesting case.  The defense is very strong.  He has an injury excuse at QB.  The OL is horrendous but wouldn’t that be on the GM? But……he hired Nate Hackett.

He’s a well spoken Rex Ryan. When he talked about “embarrassing” QBs in the media, it’s such a joke. If you are going to talk like that, you better back it up all season.  The second a QB got a second look at them, he threw for 275 yards and 3 TDs and embarrassed them. 

He is 15-29 as a HC. Yeah he hasn’t had a QB, but the roster is loaded. Put up or shut up 

Interesting case.  The defense is very strong.  He has an injury excuse at QB.  The OL is horrendous but wouldn’t that be on the GM? But……he hired Nate Hackett.

If you watch enough Jets, you see poor in game management time and time again. It was poor clock management and in game calls that cost the Jets the playoffs in 2022. 

Then there are serious macro issues like bringing in rookie QBs without a mentor. Bringing in 40 year old QBs behind this oline w/ o a great back up plan. This silly plan to sign GB skill players, coordinators, many of whome are washed or overrated. 

The notion they are even entertaining the rushed return of Rogers  after that injury behind this garbage oline is insanity. He would get killed. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Oops o thought he game was gonna be home

My bad.  Guess 5he Mafia is gonna have to cause a whiteout of the Miami 9ffense let it get buried under Josh and the offense raining cold strikes to freeze out the Dolphins on way to a tuna factory.  Normally I'm snti tuna fishing  in regards to the actual dolphin mammals but the pro nfl team Dolphins put them on ice and bury them in it.

Get your eyeglass prescription checked.

16 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Chad Kelly must be very toxic for teams like the Jets/Giants not giving him a look.

Funny you mention that...he had a great season in the CFL before having a meltdown in the playoffs with his team being the #1 seed and heavy favorite to win it all.

Maybe he is a head case and scouts watching that playoff game watched a QB unravel when things started to go wrong and thought "nah, we're good".

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He’s a well spoken Rex Ryan. When he talked about “embarrassing” QBs in the media, it’s such a joke. If you are going to talk like that, you better back it up all season.  The second a QB got a second look at them, he threw for 275 yards and 3 TDs and embarrassed them. 

He is 15-29 as a HC. Yeah he hasn’t had a QB, but the roster is loaded. Put up or shut up 

I’m not making a full case for Salah, but to call that roster “loaded” is not accurate.  They have no QB and no OL.  This dooms their one WR with high potential and their one talented RB.  Their defense is loaded.  Their “roster” isn’t.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.