Breaking: Jets QB Zach Wilson being benched for Tim Boyle

Big Turk

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am terrible at predicting outcomes, but I think the Dolphins might do an absolute curb-stomping of the Jets this Friday. I just feel like the wheels are coming off that team right now--kinda like the late Gase era. Their offensive line is quite possibly the worst in the league due to all of the injuries. 

They can’t even use the injury excuse for the oline anymore imo…what do you expect to happen starting becton and brown at tackle.

that was straight up roster mismanagement

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Dobbs would have done wonders for them

I was sure they’d have gone for him. He’s a good story and easy for fans to rally behind, plus he’s not a threat to Rodgers.

They might have snuck into the playoffs with Dobbs and given Rodgers his comeback he was looking for. If they drop one more game I doubt Aaron would rush back behind that terrible O-line for a meaningless game given the risks involved.

I’m not excited for the Jets to be in range of another great 1st round pick, so I hope they get a few more wins. Maybe 3 more… the old “Jauron Special” 7 wins to be good enough to fall outside the top 10, but bad enough to miss the playoffs.

…that being said, I hope they punch Miami in the mouth and steal a win from them this week. Maybe the kid will do alright with a full week of practice.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Dobbs would have done wonders for them

The best part of Dobbs is he would be a huge upgrade on a bunch teams he was already on - Steelers, browns, etc.  

he’s the new Fitz. Maybe will never be a top starter but is more than serviceable and can win you some games. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

I've got to throw some props at Zach here.

Yes, he's a gawdawful QB right now (although I think he might be the kind of kid that finds his game a couple years down the road, ala Geno Smith). But that kid took a ferocious pounding last night and never once hesitated to get up and get right back to work.

At one point I thought Ed Oliver had finished him for good (I thought that was worth every one of the 15 yards he drew) but he shook it off and kept right on rolling. He might be wet behind the ears and not ready for this league, but the boy has some moxie. 

I cannot IMAGINE Tua surviving a game like that. 

But I’d like to see him try!  😋

27 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Rich Eisen on what the Jets should have done after Rodgers went down:

"Carson Wentz? There's ice, and he stinks on it!"

Zach Wilson was their best chance aka close to no chance…one of those old school Matt Ryan/joe Flacco pocket passers would’ve been murdered behind that oline 

matt Ryan would’ve been sacked 100 times lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

16 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Some fans on this board said there was no need for Jets to change QB from Wilson because he was a Bills beater.

And I bet that’s why it took this long into the season for Saleh to finally cut bait.  He probably thought Wilson had some weird anti-Bills mojo that would allow him to steal yesterday’s game.  

turns out that - as with Tua - it had nothing to do with Wilson and everything to do with us. 

2 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

You better not be throwing shade at

📯🌟MJ🏈10🌟📯

😁

I think you forgot the ™️ after that!

Edited by BRH
  • Haha (+1) 1

This move signals to me that Woody Johnson is 1) a cheap owner but also 2) he doesn't care at all what happens the rest of this season on the field.

If the Jets realistically wanted to make the playoffs this year, they could have traded for Dobbs or a Trubisky or a Barkley, or took a lottery ticket on Wentz or visit Joe Flacco's retirement village.  However, that all costs actual cash spend.  

Tim Boyle isn't going to win the Jets any more games than Zach Wilson could.   

Zach Wilson's problem is what ailed JP Losman and EJ Manuel - he doesn't understand the NFL game on the cerebral level that is required.  

Edited by dpberr

This is good timing. Sometimes we see teams make a change at QB and it lifts them for 1 or 2 games just because of the newness. It would be great if that defense can play lights out and he can do just enough to trip up Miami. I can't see it but will be watching with interest 

44 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not to downplay the Bills big win 

Can't imagine you ever doing that. Go Phins!

I don't think this help the Bills.  Unless Boyle is much better than what we saw yesterday I don't think he will threaten Miami at all.  Zach Wilson stinks but he's played a couple decent home games so I was grasping that the Jets could pick off Miami in an upset.  

So we were the team that resulted in Zachs last snaps as a Jet. He's undoubtedly gone after the season.  Would benefit from a fresh start. But will never be a starter, might be serviceable backup with his legs and good arm strength .

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't think this help the Bills.  Unless Boyle is much better than what we saw yesterday I don't think he will threaten Miami at all.  Zach Wilson stinks but he's played a couple decent home games so I was grasping that the Jets could pick off Miami in an upset.  

Agree. It's possible that the change will help the Jets rally and play hard, but Boyle looked lost yesterday,  can't run and has very average arm. Jets will need a bunch of turnovers. 14 points might be enough for Fins.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Best possible news for the Miami game on Friday. It looked like that Jets team quit yesterday as the game went on and I believe they will show up big time to prove how much they could not stand Wilson as a starter.

I see it the other way.  I am pretty confident they are about to bottom out.  Looked like the defense finally snapped yesterday and I bet they are not as invested going forward.  

Good chance Saleh and Douglas could pay the price when this is said and done.  They have basically been a disaster.  

It sucks but I bet the dolphins blow them out.  

Once upon a time ricky watters was on an eagles team that wasn't any good and he half assed at the end of the game and the reporters asked him why he was not giving full effort and his response was "For Who, For What"  I think the Jets have reached the for who for what moment in their season.

9 minutes ago, JMM said:

Agree. It's possible that the change will help the Jets rally and play hard, but Boyle looked lost yesterday,  can't run and has very average arm. Jets will need a bunch of turnovers. 14 points might be enough for Fins.

True,  so i guess I'll just root for the Jets D to be in a salty mood and rough up the Dolphins.

The best way the bills make the playoffs is through the division hopefully Boyle sparks something for the jets 

If the phins lose one of the next four(jets x2, Washington, Tennessee) the bills should be in play for the division come week 18

Phins finish with cowboys/ravens/bills

Edited by Cheektowaga Chad
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The best way the bills make the playoffs is through the division

If the phins lose one of the next four(jets x2, Washington, Tennessee) the bills should be in play for the division come week 18

I am basically guaranteeing miami loses to the cowboys.

a few years ago when fangio was the head coach in Denver he brought them to arlington to play the cowboys, I think they were like 10 point underdogs and they absolutely killed Dallas. They made Dak look like a 3rd string rookie......After the game Fangio said its not hard to do that, everyone plays Dallas wrong and its easy to confuse that guy....meaning Dak.  The Cowboys players were not happy.

so this will be the first time they see fangio again.  I bet McCarthy didn't like it nor did Dak Prescott.....even though what he says appears to be true time and time again.  

anyway, Miami doesn't like it when the game gets physical and Dallas has all the parts to blow up their passing game with the added motivation to get back at Fangio......

So if Miami loses to baltimore also....The bills can win one of the three vs Philly, KC, Dallas and still win the division if they win the pats chargers and dolphins games.  

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Best possible news for the Miami game on Friday. It looked like that Jets team quit yesterday as the game went on and I believe they will show up big time to prove how much they could not stand Wilson as a starter.

Are we sure we want the Jets to win?

There's something to be said for Miami winning the division easily, securing their seeding in the playoffs, and then resting their starters against us in Week 18.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Can he be any worse than Aidan O'Connell?

Way worse. O'Connell was a two year starter at Purdue who had over 3,000 passing yards in each of those seasons and over 20 TD passes. He was actually drafted. He's not a top prospect, but he is an actual prospect. Boyle is only on the Jets because he's friends with the GM Aaron Rodgers.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The best way the bills make the playoffs is through the division hopefully Boyle sparks something for the jets 

The league wants the last games if season to be  games with meaning can't get better than 2 division rovals winner takes all in final game is season.  And I like our chances with Josh and it being at home with Buffalo weather to effect them Florida boys  let them be knocked d own by mother n as ture  Buffalo version.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

The league wants the last games if season to be  games with meaning can't get better than 2 division rovals winner takes all in final game is season.  And I like our chances with Josh and it being at home with Buffalo weather to effect them Florida boys  let them be knocked d own by mother n as ture  Buffalo version.

That last game is in Miami.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.