James Cook #2 in Rushing after Tonight's game

Silvercrw

1 minute ago, Silvercrw said:

If you look at the numbers James Cook has 697 yards on the year 2nd to only Christian McCaffrey. Crazy because I would've never expected that.

I assume part of that is our very late BYE week, but it is indeed shocking to see a Bills running back in the top 32, much less the top 2. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Whkfc said:

Wow rushing stats are wayyy down in the NFL. That would put the league leader in the 1200 yard range.

Lot of RBBC. Lot of starters missing a few games here and there. Lots of guys who were mainstays in the top of the RB list getting older. And Arthur Smith submarining Robinson's rookie year. If the Colts didn't bring back Taylor and kept feeding Moss I think he may be leading the NFL right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Glide as I call him, has been great this year.  It's why I'm pissed he hasn't been utilized more by Dorsey. 

The kid is sneaky good.  Doesn't look like he's moving but he continues to pick up chunk yards. 

It looks like Dorsey didn’t know how to use most of his available weapons, sad really, 

GO BILLS!,,

• Like (+1) 2

I would love to see Cook become the all purpose back they drafted him to be. Could definitely still be used more in the passing game but he's closing in on a 1,000 all purpose yards and should easily eclipse that this season. Just remember, the K-Gun was powered by Thurman Thomas for those of you getting nostalgic.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TwistofFate said:

Glide as I call him, has been great this year.  It's why I'm pissed he hasn't been utilized more by Dorsey. 

The kid is sneaky good.  Doesn't look like he's moving but he continues to pick up chunk yards. 

Agree.  He doesn’t seem to move the pile, but somehow gets extra yards after initial contact.

• Like (+1) 1

I think he’s the ideal type lead the back for a Josh allen Lee offense.  Just need to get him more involved in the run game.  His improvement has stood out to my eyes.  

funny there was a thread claiming cool can break tackles and has zero physicality.  Psssshhhhhya

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

He's actually 3rd with 688 yards, only 3 yards behind Mostert and 137 behind McCaffrey.

Still impressive, although I think it speaks more to the modern NFL relying on committee backfields and generally handing off less. He's on pace for 1,077 rushing yards through 17 games.

Regardless, I hope his usage increases.

• Like (+1) 1

Another surprise?  

The Bills D is now 4th in scoring in the NFL and is allowing fewer points per game and yards per game than the D last year that was ranked 1st or 2nd.

Even with all the defensive injuries, this team is still extremely good on D...seems kinda crazy a top 5 scoring D and top 7 scoring O is only 6-5.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.