TNF: Bengals vs Ravens - Who are we rooting for?

Einstein

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Thank you. Allen, Jackson, and Hurts are very similar in how their careers have been - got a lot of hate and made themselves into MVP caliber qbs. That’s impressive. 

Let’s not act like you didn’t give Josh a lot of hate for awhile. You were saying the same junk about Allen as others are saying about Jackson.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

100%

I'd much rather the NFL did away with it but it's too late now, too much money involved. 

Crazy thought-I'd rather see more Sunday morning games overseas than Thurs night football. Tailgates are even better when there's a game on.

What would you rather watch on Thursday nights?

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Let’s not act like you didn’t give Josh a lot of hate for awhile. You were saying the same junk about Allen as others are saying about Jackson.  

My stalker is back!!! And I 100% did. Would do the same thing if the bills ever draft an another guy who completed 56% passes from the mountain west and hadn’t developed a qb since Jim Kelly. 

and guess what? Allen is better than I could ever imagined. So guess what I stopped doing? Hating on him (more about that type of prospect and the Bills than Allen). And if he won a MVP after winning Heisman while winning 70% of his games and kept hating on him, I would think I was an idiot. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They have been losing all year (top 3 lowest time losing all time through 10 games), a rookie is on pace for over 900 yards, and Edwards was on pace for around 1,000. And they about to be 8-3.

lamar sucks though because he slipped tonight though! But clearly, you aren’t a hater! 

No Lamar sucks because he has had 45  TD passes (including tonight) the last 3 years whereas Josh has had 90 and some feel they should be called equals. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

People love Lamar runs and gets credit for it yet Josh does and he's putting himself at risk. 

I think the distinction for me anyway is that the Ravens offense requires it of Jackson

And not for nothing but they're different kinds of runners wrt avoiding contact

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the distinction for me anyway is that the Ravens offense requires it of Jackson

And not for nothing but they're different kinds of runners wrt avoiding contact

No Lamar requires it to be effective as he's not an above average passer. I agree they different runners, Lamar is a running QB like Vick was and Josh is a QB who runs like Elway was. To me totally different players.

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

No Lamar sucks because he has had 45  TD passes (including tonight) the last 3 years whereas Josh has had 90 and some feel they should be called equals. 

His 118 qb rating against the bengals sucks!!! 

It’s just hilarious you keep comparing them. This is wild but both guys could be good. 

but honest question, would rather have the Bills be 8-3 and Allen have Lamar’s stats (and his terrible 3rd best mvp odds) or what we have right now? You seem awfully hung up on numbers. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

His 118 qb rating against the bengals sucks!!! 

It’s just hilarious you keep comparing them. This is wild but both guys could be good. 

but honest question, would rather have the Bills be 8-3 and Allen have Lamar’s stats (and his terrible 3rd best mvp odds) or what we have right now? You seem awfully hung up on numbers. 

I'll keep the Bills because Lamar's teams have not done much in the playoffs but I know, that's not on him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.