Joe Burrow on Joe Brady

Allen2Moulds

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Remember that Josh was (maybe is no longer?) a Dorsey supporter.  I think the Dorsey firing may be a message to Josh also.  

Hard to say because josh is Josh and no coach will ever take the gunslinger out of him.  The question is goes Brady have the hutzpah and ability to work with this?  Dabol seemed to be able to do so.

The other major issue is that Dorsey seemed to have no creativity with the run game.  I would say the same was true with Dabol.  One way to mak Josh better is to give him the threat of a run game.  This will likely mean moving him back under center more and playing RPO less.

I know it is a completely different era of football but Jim Kelly does not achieve what he did without Thurman.  In the modern era Josh needs to develop trust with his running backs as does the team.  We will not return to the bell cow RB situation but opposing teams need to perceive there is at least the threat of Buffalo running the ball.

We have to run the damn ball. All 3 tds v Denver came with heavy running.  I know we don't have a top 10 OL to open up holes against the better defenses.  But we desperately need to find a way of reducing these non stop turnovers.  It's absolutely killing this team.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

I think it's insane but there's been a medium size contingent of people on this board who would disagree with you. Somebody last night compared Allen to Jay Cutler and they were serious. 

We've seen how amazing (2020, 2021) Josh can play. We're talking elite superstar qb.  You also can't deny the effect losing Daboll has had on him.  After that Dolphins game we looked unstoppable. It's still there in him. Someone,  anyone needs to coach him back up and rebuild that confidence.  He probably feels the pressure of having to carry a team who's lost half their defense.

And yes JA has to grow up and stop making bonehead decisions. 

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

we have three losses based on just turnovers  Maybe Dorsey didn't need to call plays every game like we needed to score 40 points  or maybe just could run a rpo and actually hand it off  There was no need for some of the over aggressive shots in the Jets/Patriots/Broncos losses  Its like our offense has one gear/style/mode/game plan  Just run the football and throw short safe passes and protect the ball when you are being tackled and we should beat the Jets 99/100 times  Maybe Sam Martin can stop kicking line drives  Seems like the entire team went to dog crap  Bass hasnt been great either  You can save the hair on fire stuff for when we play good offenses and the defense struggles

It's like we don't change the offensive game plan based on different opponents.  We just always try to put the pedal to the metal every game. It's completely unnecessary. 

29 minutes ago, Peter said:

I also hope there is not something deeper going on with Josh. 

Notwithstanding the INTs, I love the guy and think he is perfect for Buffalo and the Bills.  

Do you know why I like Brett Favre? He was exciting and NOT on our team setting an all time record for int's at his retirement.  

3-1 td to int ratio is what's needed minimum with no more than 10 -12 in a season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We've seen how amazing (2020, 2021) Josh can play. We're talking elite superstar qb.  You also can't deny the effect losing Daboll has had on him.  After that Dolphins game we looked unstoppable. It's still there in him. Someone,  anyone needs to coach him back up and rebuild that confidence.  He probably feels the pressure of having to carry a team who's lost half their defense.

I don't agree with your takes often, but this is a solid take.  Very well said.   I think part of Allen's poor decision making stems from him trying to do too much and make things happen offensiviely.  I hope Brady stays on the sideline or has someone with Josh on the sideline to stay in his ear and encourage him.

We had Mike Shula, and Aaron Cromer on the staff, who are both far more experienced than Brady. I'm wondering how does meetings went every week with McClappy?

I would think that McD was meeting with all of them as a group, and also picking their brains 1on1. What's the problem? Any ideas on hot fix it etc?

An interview of sorts, without calling it that.

I would like to think, that Brady emerged from that, with the best ideas on how to tweak/fix some of the issues that plagued us.

Of course I could be completely wrong, and it might be my Bills homerism kicking in.

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's like we don't change the offensive game plan based on different opponents.  We just always try to put the pedal to the metal every game. It's completely unnecessary. 

I don't think anyone who has been defending Allen is trying to claim he's played perfect football this season. He absolutely could have been better in Dorsey's scheme, but Dorsey could have also adjusted the style of play, route trees, playcalls, etc... when it was apparent that Josh wasn't thriving in the system. 

Losing Daboll has had a huge effect, agreed, but I'm not willing to say Daboll was the only guy out there who can get the best out of Allen. We only know Dorsey couldn't.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BBFL said:

When will we see a shotgun run from 3rd and short or at the goal line with few yards to go… I need to know!

I miss it already. My favorite was the one early this year, on 1st and goal from the half yard line. Forgot which game it was.  

Edited by Allen2Moulds
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Allen2Moulds said:

Burrow's comments were short, somewhat generic, but positive.  

I live in hope.  

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Diggs has been a distraction since the end of last season. He is in full prima donna mode. It also is clear that he is using his brother to b--ch and moan on his behalf.

If it were not for the cap hit, I would trade him if he continues to be a distraction.

Leave it to Rob Gronkowski to speak truths about Diggs and his b-ll sh-t.

https://x.com/heykayadams/status/1724842256333668785?s=20

P.S. Although Rob G is 100% correct about Diva Diggs and his brother, the cap hit precludes a trade.

Edited by Peter
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except McD isn’t meddling in the offense.  Not sure why this narrative persists.  

so JA just strangely stopped running so much this year after McD said it would be an emphasis, including when he could get a 1st down and slide.   The narrative persists because it’s likely true. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

so JA just strangely stopped running so much this year after McD said it would be an emphasis, including when he could get a 1st down and slide.   The narrative persists because it’s likely true. 

Lets see...Beane, Allen, McD, Dorsey, and half the Bills players have all publicly said many times that Allen needs to slide more and take less contact.  Not to mention everyone in the media and fan base.  

So to say that McD is meddling because there was an emphasis for Josh to take less punishment does not equate.  More importantly, McD did not say he needed to stop running, nor did Beane...what they wanted to see was for him to get down once he got the first down rather than take a big hit to try and gain a few extra yards.  To reduce the "unnecessary" contact when he can.  

Dorsey is the one choosing not to run Allen and coach that out of him.  McD has also said he wants to be aggressive on offense, so this other narrative that persists around here that he doesn't also is incorrect.  

So sorry...this notion McD is "meddling" in the offense doesn't have any substance to it other than that is the narrative people want to jump, and most often by those who are already critical of McD to begin with and just looking for more confirmation bias.  Every HC in the NFL has input in all phases of the game, McD is no different, but this was Dorsey's offense, play calling, and scheme.  

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Leave it to Rob Gronkowski to speak truths about Diggs and his b-ll sh-t.

https://x.com/heykayadams/status/1724842256333668785?s=20

P.S. Although Rob G is 100% correct about Diva Diggs and his brother, the cap hit precludes a trade.

Stefon has very high standards... and I don't give two craps about what Gronk has to say about him. People who don't have the passion and drive that he has will look to tear him down.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lets see...Beane, Allen, McD, Dorsey, and half the Bills players have all publicly said many times that Allen needs to slide more and take less contact.  Not to mention everyone in the media and fan base.  

So to say that McD is meddling because there was an emphasis for Josh to take less punishment does not equate.  More importantly, McD did not say he needed to stop running, nor did Beane...what they wanted to see was for him to get down once he got the first down rather than take a big hit to try and gain a few extra yards.  To reduce the "unnecessary" contact when he can.  

Dorsey is the one choosing not to run Allen and coach that out of him.  McD has also said he wants to be aggressive on offense, so this other narrative that persists around here that he doesn't also is incorrect.  

So sorry...this notion McD is "meddling" in the offense doesn't have any substance to it other than that is the narrative people want to jump, and most often by those who are already critical of McD to begin with and just looking for more confirmation bias.  Every HC in the NFL has input in all phases of the game, McD is no different, but this was Dorsey's offense, play calling, and scheme.  

here, how about this.  Sorry, he is a meddler.  The sliding is different than “don’t run.” 

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/sean-mcdermott-buffalo-bills-ken-dorsey/

9 hours ago, bmur66 said:

Allen has been in a funk since last year. Brady has been his QB Coach. Not sure that’s the guy that is going to pull him out of it. Time will tell I guess.

It's not about that. Josh isn't some delicate flower.  Call a better game, make in game adjustments,  recognize what's working and ride it game to game.  That's what we need.  

13 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Stefon has very high standards... and I don't give two craps about what Gronk has to say about him. People who don't have the passion and drive that he has will look to tear him down.

Diggs has been a distraction the entire off season through today. There is a HUUUUGE difference between having high standards and being a complete DIVA. It is shame you cannot see that. 

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

Diggs has been a distraction the entire off season through today. There is a HUUUUGE difference between having high standards and being a complete DIVA. It is shame you cannot see that. 

He's the best damn "distraction" in the NFL, and for you to call him a diva because he has very high standards is the TRUE shame.

20 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

He's the best damn "distraction" in the NFL, and for you to call him a diva because he has very high standards is the TRUE shame.

Great player. Total Diva.

If he had the high standards and wanted to improve the team, he would not act the way he has:

1) Screaming at Josh on the sidelines;

2) Taking all his Bills stuff down from his Insta account in the off season;

3) Cryptic messages on Insta;

4) Having his brother post about getting out of Buffalo;

5) Demanding the ball even when he is not open causing Josh to try to make him happy and force the ball to him.

Real "team leader."

There are better ways to display "high standards" than acting like a baby for all the world to see. It is a shame. He was one of my favorite players on the team until he started acting like this. If you think that his behavior is helping the team, we disagree 100% and I cannot help you.

Again, great player. Total Diva.

I hope he reverts back to the Diggs that I completely respected (especially what he did in the aftermath of his father's untimely death when he was young).

16 minutes ago, Peter said:

There are better ways to display "high standards" than acting like a baby for all the world to see. It is a shame. He was one of my favorite players on the team until he started acting like this. If you think that his behavior is helping the team, we disagree 100% and I cannot help you.

Again, great player. Total Diva.

I hope he reverts back to the Diggs that I completely respected (especially what he did in the aftermath of his father's untimely death when he was young).

What is he supposed to do then since those "in charge" are massively underperforming? WHAT IS HE TO DO? No vague answers like "lead by example" or "act like a pro" but legitimate answers that have actual solutions.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

13 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What is he supposed to do then since those "in charge" are massively underperforming? WHAT IS HE TO DO? No vague answers like "lead by example" or "act like a pro" but legitimate answers that have actual solutions.

How about don't act like a freaking baby.

Don't do the BS that I set forth in a prior post.

If he acted like he did up until the Bengals playoff game, I would have no issues with him.

On 11/15/2023 at 11:06 AM, bmur66 said:

Allen has been in a funk since last year. Brady has been his QB Coach. Not sure that’s the guy that is going to pull him out of it. Time will tell I guess.

Honestly, I'm alright with this.

2023 isn't likely going to be a Super Bowl year, so let's flush out everybody, get a better draft pick, and get a better staff for Josh.

Joe Brady was the logical step and nice to give him a trial run here as well.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

How about don't act like a freaking baby.

Don't do the BS that I set forth in a prior post.

If he acted like he did up until the Bengals playoff game, I would have no issues with him.

Diggs is far from our biggest problem. Ultimate competitors hate to lose. Others around him, this means you too coaching staff, need to step up. If we win, all this goes away. Who cares if we don't agree with how he handles losing, let's just win.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.