So, Diggs saw this coming, no?

TheBrownBear

3 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I guess I meant from the perspective of the Bills. We’ve already converted salary to bonus, and we’ve already accrued dead cap. There is no way to reduce that dead cap AFAIK.

He could make changes to his contract to make it more desirable for acquiring teams I guess, but he’s already pretty desirable. 

Diggs cap hits the next couple years make him unaffordable to many teams.

2024 - 27M

2025 -27M

2026 - 28M

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Allen peaked with Daboll.  Brian could manage Josh's quirks.  There's absolutely no mentor or calming influence.  Dorsey is a child and McDermott has no clue what to do with Allen.  It was always Daboll.  Josh needs an offensive HC to salvage his 2nd half of his career.  Johnson, Harbaugh, Daboll, Bienemy.....somebody,  anybody but McDumbass.

I was with you until you mentioned Bieniemy.  That guy's a cancer.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Did he also foresee that he wouldn’t make any big plays late in all these close losses?

The only play I'll fault him for in this game was on the fumble where Josh dropped the ball instead of putting it in Cook's gut.  The fumble spilled out toward the right sideline, where Diggs had the best shot at it.  He dove so that he could have grabbed the ball with his right hand.  But the Broncos defender went for the ball like he really really wanted it, and Diggs lost out.  

He also had one target where the pass was pretty bad and still Diggs made a great effort to catch it, but couldn't make up for the poor throw.  

I’m super happy with just going back to my roots, and just hoping that we make the playoffs somehow someway, it’s ok, it’s been a lackluster year. It really shouldn’t happen with the amount of money these guys get paid but it does. That’s ok. Life goes on. See you next week 

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

This was my thought as the wheels come off this year. McDermott has clearly lost the locker room.

I have no idea how you destroy a great QB like that as well.

Allen isn't destroyed YET.  He has flashed way more good then bad this season.  In the hands of a competent coaching staff that is offensive minded and constructs a roster to exploit what Allen brings to the table he will shine. 

But Pegula better realize that the clock is ticking.  Another year of McD and Allen could be lost either by serious regression in his skills or he realizes that he will never win it all with the Bills and starts agitating to get out of Dodge.  Either way the Bills elite franchise QB will be "gone" right at the moment the Bills are opening that brand new stadium. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

His behavior after the playoff game and the training camp walkout was the canary in the coalmine, so to speak.  He knew nothing would change and that "the process" had run it's course.

Really makes you wonder.  All the off-season talk from the media(which I hate) about this team expected take a step back has come to fruition.  

24 minutes ago, 0017 said:

I’m super happy with just going back to my roots, and just hoping that we make the playoffs somehow someway, it’s ok, it’s been a lackluster year. It really shouldn’t happen with the amount of money these guys get paid but it does. That’s ok. Life goes on. See you next week 

We’ve become spoiled the last few years but a team with Josh Allen at QB shouldn’t miss the playoffs.  There’s definitely a fundamental problem with the offense mainly Allen and Dorsey. 

Edited by CaptnCoke11
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.