Broncos @ Bills - Postgame Thread

Simon

31 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It is fixable but not this year. New HC, OC, DC after the season and then they can start to fix things. Won't happen with the current coaches.

We need Allen to put the cape on and we'll look muchhhhhhhh better. He has been very average , regardless of Dorsey.

If he plays like a top 3 QB , we'll magically stack up the Ws

22 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I get what you're saying, but what about this team makes you think they will be good enough at any phase (coaching included) to make a run against the opponents we have upcoming?

This team is better off if they decide to tear it down, as opposed to trying to backdoor their way into a WC spot

Just soley based on the fact that literally every loss, we had a chance and did it to ourselves vs the other team just being better and whooping us like the drought teams. 

If the offense could stop turning it over, we can start there, we'll have an opportunity imo, as well as the D creating tos. TOs have killed us. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

No chance McD gets fired this year. Maybe Dorsey after the bye if the O looks dreadful. 

We need to go 5-2 in the last 7 , we certainly have the talent to do so. It comes down to Allen imo. He has been very mediocre and while Dorsey deserves blame, I've watched him routinely miss or not even attempt a throw to wide open wrs

I understand the frustration and wanting to see something changed but I think you left the head on the snake. 

I've said it before and will say it again:

I want the Bills to either do really well or to flame out this year.

I don't want us to go 4 and 3 the rest of the way and have a "winning" record that retains McDermott. You've heard of being in quarterback limbo, that would put us in coach limbo. 

We need to blow it up and restart with new leadership.

27 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Last night really happened? Why am I not waking up from this awful dream…

the aftermath is brutal hermano. This place is down in the dumps like no other. Revel in the nightmare it is so Here

You're awake. It sucks huh

lol

11 hours ago, Motorin' said:

That felt like a prime drought area loss right there.

And to be honest, so is my reaction.

How high do we have to draft to get a true #1 wr this year? 

It’s not the lack of talent on this team that is causing these losses. When a team continues making the same mistakes week in and week out that falls directly on the head coach. They no longer believe in McDermott and he has lost this locker room.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sestak4ever said:

It’s not the lack of talent on this team that is causing these losses. When a team continues making the same mistakes week in and week out that falls directly on the head coach. They no longer believe in McDermott and he has lost this locker room.

The roster is loaded with talent compared to most of the teams ahead of us in the playoff standings.

It's all coaching.

Dorsey needs to be fired yesterday, he is simply not a good playcaller or coach. The defense is missing CBs 1 & 2, our best 1Tech, our all pro MLB and they at least appear to be trying hard to overcome their deficiencies in talent. The offense is pretty much at full strength and playing like a bunch of devoid-of-poise, talentless hacks and it has been most of the season. I blame Josh almost as much as Dorsey but at least he has talent so you have to change the things around him. Firings really NEED to happen. 

7 hours ago, Figster said:

Big fan of Daboll as Bills OC. He did a great job with the development of Josh Allen. Hated losing him.

Getting Kincaid in the 1st round is a good step in the right direction IMO. I also think we have just scratched the surface with James Cook. 

I agree on DaBoll but nothing in his resume before or after his time in Buffalo suggested he was special at this.  DaBoll was a solid, experienced offensive minded coach who didn't let himself get pushed around by McD.  How about we double down on DaBoll and bring in a new head coach with these characteristics who will then hire a young offensive minded coach to act as OC.

And I agree about Cook which makes what McD did to him last night bewildering to me.  McD deeply disrespected Cook and treated him unprofessionally like he was a high school football player.  Sure the TIMING of the fumble on the Bills first play was terrible but it was not a bad fumble.  Cook wasn't being careless with the ball the defender made a great play to strip him of the football.  McD overreacted and deprived the offense of its #1 RB for 3 series during the critical early stages of the game.

As for Kincaid I guess better late then never applies here but what this shows me is how great would it have been if we invested additional 1st round picks in the offense over the last 5 seasons? 

Just now, ndirish1978 said:

Dorsey needs to be fired yesterday, he is simply not a good playcaller or coach. The defense is missing CBs 1 & 2, our best 1Tech, our all pro MLB and they at least appear to be trying hard to overcome their deficiencies in talent. The offense is pretty much at full strength and playing like a bunch of devoid-of-poise, talentless hacks and it has been most of the season. I blame Josh almost as much as Dorsey but at least he has talent so you have to change the things around him. Firings really NEED to happen. 

Considering the amount spent on defense, I'd hope at the very least that it can still perform even with injuries. Unfortunately time and again they miss it up at the death.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

"Always"? 

Guess you don't remember the games like I do then.

Was the 49-28 loss to the Patriots close?  The 30-0 loss?  The 52-28 loss? The 38-7 loss? The 56-10 loss? 

The 26-3 loss to Pittsburgh?

The 36-14 loss to Jacksonville?

The 38-21 loss to the Giants?

Want me to keep going? I got a whole lot more to give you.

Some of the games were close...many were blowout losses

In McD first two years (the pre-franchise QB years) the Bills lost 8 games by more than 20. The 4 years prior to McD the Bills only had 1 loss by 20 points. McD without Allen would not have lasted very long. He stumbled himself into the playoffs despite benching an overachieving Tyrod Taylor for f'n Peterman. He is so lucky the Allen pick was a hit and he is doing everything to waste that away now. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

In McD first two years (the pre-franchise QB years) the Bills lost 8 games by more than 20. The 4 years prior to McD the Bills only had 1 loss by 20 points. McD without Allen would not have lasted very long. He stumbled himself into the playoffs despite benching an overachieving Tyrod Taylor for f'n Peterman. He is so lucky the Allen pick was a hit and he is doing everything to waste that away now. 

Probably because those Ryan teams actually had a lot of talent that was horribly mismanaged and could only beat the mediocre and bad teams with Taylor.

Field goal at halftime for DEN...how do the Bills not try to slow that play down. No time outs and the completion over the middle no Bills players stay on top of the receiver and essentially allow him and the DEN team sprint off the field. They barely get the FG off with 3 seconds left. How does every Bills player near the tackle not get on the pile and at least slow them down a bit...only needed a few seconds. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Probably because those Ryan teams actually had a lot of talent that was horribly mismanaged and could only beat the mediocre and bad teams with Taylor.

Ryan and Marrone had more talent than McD? EJ Manuel, Kyle, Orton and Taylor throwing the ball to Scott Chandler, Sammy Watkins, Charles Clay, Robert Woods...

13 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Not sure why, but noticed on FlightRadar the Broncos plane is just leaving Buffalo around 4:00pm this afternoon.  I guess they wanted to sleep in, hang around and have some wings or something.

Watched Dorsey pack up his box and offered him a flight home with them as a thank you for the gift he handed them. They waited a bit longer expecting McD as well but decided to roll out. 

Edited by ngbills
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.